FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Heat

992 posts
Thanks Meter: 236

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th March 2016, 04:08 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

9th March 2016, 05:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
COOLEST phone iv'e ever used, even the most demanding games I toss at it, it doesn't go beyond warm.

the warmest time is when its charging!
The Following User Says Thank You to errorrrr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift errorrrr Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 05:33 PM |#3  
Flag Chula Vista
Thanks Meter: 58

More
So far I have read that the Exynos version runs cool and SD820 (some samples) were heating up under heavy use.
The Following User Says Thank You to insomnia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift insomnia Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 08:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
i got the exynos version and it does get warmed up while gaming .. it doesn't get uncomfortably warm .. but with that heat pipe i assumed there wouldnt be any heating issues.
What temp. would be considered as abnormal ?
and also which app can i download to find out the temp...... if any
9th March 2016, 08:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnia

So far I have read that the Exynos version runs cool and SD820 (some samples) were heating up under heavy use.

Do you have a link you can share? Cuz if anything I've heard that it's the Exynos 8890 is the hot chip.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/13...stem-works.htm

"For the first time Samsung has established within the smartphone heat-conducting copper tube for cooling. The new chip Exynos 8890 is not only powerful, but also hot!"
10th March 2016, 12:00 PM |#6  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 929

Donate to Me
More
Mine has stayed cold (yes, cold) the whole time apart from when I use the Gear VR.
The Following User Says Thank You to CuBz90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CuBz90 Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 02:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuBz90

Mine has stayed cold (yes, cold) the whole time apart from when I use the Gear VR.

When using the VR mine for really WARM but not as hot as my s5 can get, sometimes with general use.

Funny thing is that with previous phones, heat seemed to = battery drain, however so far battery seems fantastic for me even when got after using the VR.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to riso123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift riso123 Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 05:48 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Mine is constantly warm around the camera area.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gainstatom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gainstatom Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 05:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Mine only got hot during initial setup. I haven't ran any games or benchmarks. It's warmer than my MXPE is but I think that's mostly because the MXPE has a bigger, thicker body which dissipates the heat.
The Following User Says Thank You to squallz506 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift squallz506 Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 06:23 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Mine warmed up while downloading a ton of movies to the SD card. Ran under some cold water and it was fine from there. lol
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cyberchief For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyberchief Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 06:32 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Mine ran slightly warm when downloading 20 app's at once, and I wouldn't be noticable if I didn't look for it heh.

No issues with my SD820 heating up. No issues while gaming either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)