Photo quality

Search This thread

inertiaholic

Nov 21, 2011
I absolutely love the camera speed and quality and options. My only complaint is that text on documents do not seem as (excessively?) sharp as before as compared to other samsung phones. I just wish there were some sharpening settings or Text mode like on some phones.

But low light shots are FANTASTIC.

As for the exchange of 4 mpx for significantly faster focusing, I am disappointed but all for it!

Well done, Samsung! The S7 is the first Samsung that almost completely satisfies me!

Last edited:

Attachments

• cakes.jpg
    cakes.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 930
Reactions: mleeko

ionutdicu

Jan 10, 2011
Bucharest
Hi guys

finally got my S7 Edge last night. My main usage is photo. I did some tests against my Note 4. The S7 definitely shows much less details when you download pics to a computer! I did take photos of all kind and this morning under a nice sun, it is more evident. Branches on trees don't show much detail and look all blured when you zoom. I did see that last night when taking pictures of documentation with both phones. Text when zoomed at 100 per cent looked like a pixel jam on some pages with the S7 under artificial light when Note 4 camera showed tac sharp text.

However in poor light, the S7 is tremendous! But usually I sleep at night and that kind of photos is about 15 per cent of them all...

So I am a little disapointed in that regard with the S7. Videos are great, but photos lack of details. I don-t understand why Samsung has choosen to reduce the number of pixel in place of opting for a

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Hi guys

finally got my S7 Edge last night. My main usage is photo. I did some tests against my Note 4. The S7 definitely shows much less details when you download pics to a computer! I did take photos of all kind and this morning under a nice sun, it is more evident. Branches on trees don't show much detail and look all blured when you zoom. I did see that last night when taking pictures of documentation with both phones. Text when zoomed at 100 per cent looked like a pixel jam on some pages with the S7 under artificial light when Note 4 camera showed tac sharp text.

However in poor light, the S7 is tremendous! But usually I sleep at night and that kind of photos is about 15 per cent of them all... :(

So I am a little disapointed in that regard with the S7. Videos are great, but photos lack of details. I don-t understand why Samsung has choosen to reduce the number of pixel in place of opting for a bigger sensor like Panasonic did with the CM1. I would have loved to see a CM2! Their 20MPx was producing better results than most dedicated cameras!
note4_10.jpg
20160310.jpg

(just realized that the site does not show original pîcs... so you cannot zoom...)
Anyway out of some software bugs with the S7 (Samsung mail crashed in loops and Play Store kept saying data in background need to be activated when they were already... each time solved by a restart, the S7 is a nice piece of technology.

:good:
Phil
have you tried setting the camera for 16:9? maybe you get more satisfied

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
I also had a Note II which I regret selling it and getting S7 edge instead,do you want to trade your Note 4 with my S7 edge? I like good cameras very much....

fastmike

Jul 6, 2007
I also had a Note II which I regret selling it and getting S7 edge instead,do you want to trade your Note 4 with my S7 edge? I like good cameras very much....

I will be pleased to but you are in Armenia and I am located in France so not going to be easy. In addition to that different region with Samsung policy may potentially be an issue :good:

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

you have plenty of detail also in 9Mpx 16:9 and the wider picture frame you need

You are absolutely correct but my 'complain' was about the loss of details of the 12MP camera vs the previous 16MP model in good light condition, so 9MP will not be better in that regard. That said, I am very pleased with the S7 for all the rest, not only speaking about the camera even if missing the IR port big time to remote control my Samsung devices and finding the USB2 port from another age... :laugh:

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
I will be pleased to but you are in Armenia and I am located in France so not going to be easy. In addition to that different region with Samsung policy may potentially be an issue :good:
I can flash a France region FW,and also since I've been using it the last one week or so , the Region lock is already void and ineffective,anyway my best wishes and greetings from Yerevan.
here are some pics I took in a hurry just aim and shoot,on auto mod,couple while ascending on the escalator,one while driving at speed of over 80 kmh.

Attachments

• 20160323_100831.jpg
    20160323_100831.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 975
  • 20160323_101519.jpg
    20160323_101519.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 985
  • 20160327_175541.jpg
    20160327_175541.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 981
  • 20160323_103959.jpg
    20160323_103959.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 987

danibri82

Sep 17, 2010
took some pictures today with my phone while playing with some of the modes, including full manual. honestly, it's blowing me away.

The subject is my lovely convertible.

Granted, it's no real DSLR, but it's seriously just wowing me.

fastmike

Jul 6, 2007
took some pictures today with my phone while playing with some of the modes, including full manual. honestly, it's blowing me away.

The subject is my lovely convertible.

Granted, it's no real DSLR, but it's seriously just wowing me.
Very nice car! :) :good:

I love American cars... here attached is mine from the S7 Edge

Attachments

• 20160319_143427.jpg
    20160319_143427.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 1,255
Last edited:

zodiac100

Aug 19, 2010
I find the quality absolutely horrendous! It's smudgy. Terrible lack of detail. Other 3rd party camera apps take even worse photos. Glad I kept my Sony Z2

Serious regret!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
As someone who owns both z2 and s7 edge I can confidently say the edge is in a different class. The drop in resolution might offer up less room in crop into while retaining sharpness but the s7 edge always does better with fine details and textures. Also has better dynamic range and doesn't blow out highlights and clip edges like the z2. Colour and white balance is also notably better and in lowlight and night photos, z2 just doesn't come close at all.
With indoor and artificial lighting you have to watch out for exposure. The camera once you tap to focus locks both focus and exposure where you taped and this can in some cases over expose. That's why the exposure slider pops up whenever you tap to allow for correction. There is no perfect point and shoot camera. The s7e is on the better side but still needs correcting for exposure occasionally in certain conditions.
So far I've been really impressed with the camera. Capable of good quality in all situations. No point having another 16 to 20mp shooter for Sharp daylight photos but mundane or crap elsewhere. I think we're all just going to get used to the end of the high res smartphone cameras. They're only mostly good for daylight shots.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

For very good pictures I have to use the Pro mode because on Auto it tends to overexpose too much.
When you tap to focus the camera locks exposure and focus on where you taped. This can produce over exposed images. This is why whenever you tap to focus the exposure controls pop up. Coming from a z2 which I used purely in manual I've been using the s7e in auto only so far and correcting for exposure where necessary. So far I've been very pleased with the results.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

maroc84

Nov 30, 2013
HB
I'm just a noob in photography but I'm amazed what you can do with this camera.
I made a macro image with the pro-mode (stock cam app) of a plant on my window. I did it free hand - just hold still without using a tripod.

Attachments

• 20160413_140139_zoom.jpg
    20160413_140139_zoom.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 650
  • 20160413_140139.jpg
    20160413_140139.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:
Reactions: Monkey Slut

mmeidl78

May 6, 2010
Ulm
Flower

Shot this on Tuesday on the #powerof10 Event with my S7Edge. Love it! :)

Attachments

• 20160412_144534.jpg
    20160412_144534.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 462

Top Liked Posts