Jun 22, 2011
New Delhi
[url=https://ibb.co/edRON5] [/URL]
20170726_143658.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

Daveprorc

Jul 15, 2017
Here are some some daytime shots comparisons with an Lg G4. Just move the slider to view one photo or the other...

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=e13a233a-e5dc-11e5-a524-0e7075bba956

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=aba32694-e5dd-11e5-a524-0e7075bba956

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=cbcf4704-e5dd-11e5-a524-0e7075bba956

P.S. Sorry if they are out of place here. If so, admins feel free to delete this post.

LG G4 rules, so old and so good

RB30-POWER

Nov 10, 2013
Coming from an LG G4 (that finally boot looped, thought I was going to be a lucky person and not get that issue but nope!), this camera has been an immediate disappointment, in looking into it further the S7 way over sharpens the pictures, hoping the Zero Camera mod will allow us to adjust this soon.
As for the lack of megapixels because I like to shoot 16:9 aspect ratio, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I've previously taken all my holiday snaps on LG G4 with great quality and success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lonzo_SGS2_506

zeroprobe

Apr 20, 2010
Coming from an LG G4 (that finally boot looped, thought I was going to be a lucky person and not get that issue but nope!), this camera has been an immediate disappointment, in looking into it further the S7 way over sharpens the pictures, hoping the Zero Camera mod will allow us to adjust this soon.
As for the lack of megapixels because I like to shoot 16:9 aspect ratio, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I've previously taken all my holiday snaps on LG G4 with great quality and success.

App now allows adjustment of Edge sharpness and DeNoise settings :)

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
Some pictures i took..
Sorry about the Bee picture...some people may find it disgusting :silly: but i like it honestly...
P.s: tlit the device to the right...

Attachments

• 20170819_134214.jpg
    20170819_134214.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 799
  • 20170823_102644.jpg
    20170823_102644.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 823
  • 20170917_185030.jpg
    20170917_185030.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:

azsamsancho

Oct 5, 2010
G935F on Nougat beta (Don't expect any dramatically change to final release in terms to camera, since the work was done on Note 7)

First daylight:
Conclusion:
HDR adds more shadow
Pro uses nearly the identical postprocessing
RAW has lots of potential, no oversharping, no too aggressive noise reduction
Auto nevertheless seems to be best choice after RAW on daylight (read on!)

Second dark scenario
Conclusion:
HDR uses nearly the same postprocessing than Auto with different background lightcolor (not true to reallife, because there was an orange led far a way)
Pro delivers horrible result in adding artifacts due to not correctly applied noise reduction
RAW the same :eek: ('photoshop express' has no color noise reduction)
Auto cleary delivers the best result in keeping the most details while good noise reduction

Overall conclusion (mainly focsed on postprocessing):
Do not use Pro mode, especially in night shots if you want best results. On daylight use Auto or RAW if you don't bother the work. Of course Pro mode is nice on daylight to enhance shutter speed. Sadly ISO do not adjus automatically then.

So, it sounds like the recommendation is to use Auto mode and NO HDR :(? I thought having HDR ON all the time will almost always give you better results. Do other people share the same conclusion to use Auto mode only?

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
So, it sounds like the recommendation is to use Auto mode and NO HDR :(? I thought having HDR ON all the time will almost always give you better results. Do other people share the same conclusion to use Auto mode only?

Let me adjust my observations to current development:
Since we (S7 users) are now able to modify noise reduction and sharpness thanks to zeroprobe, and in addition to that to use the S8 camera interface, I have new findings:
1. I've underlined interface since many people think that flashing a S8 port ROM they get a new camera. That's wrong, the libs and all essential files are still from S7 therefore there is no quality loss or gain in comparision to S7 Stock camera. I've tested that since I have two S7, one with S7 camera, one with S8 port camera.
2. Use zeroprobe app if you want best quality
3. No, you won't gain better quality photos if you decrease jpeg compression (set quality to 100%). There are no artifacts introduced with default settings (96%).
4. Set noise redution to 3 and leave sharpness to 5. Why? I know one S7 problem is oversharpening, but the jump from sharpness 5 (higher and default) to 4 (means lower sharpness) is to big. You will loose a lot of details then.
Noise reduction is too aggressive by default (5) and some smart photografers always say 'noise holds the details', that's true.
5. Use sports mode on daylight and moving objects, use auto mode with hdr force enabled in dark scenes and idle objects. This will give you less motionblur and less noise.

Reactions: FiddleMinger

azsamsancho

Oct 5, 2010
Let me adjust my observations to current development:
Since we (S7 users) are now able to modify noise reduction and sharpness thanks to zeroprobe, and in addition to that to use the S8 camera interface, I have new findings:
1. I've underlined interface since many people think that flashing a S8 port ROM they get a new camera. That's wrong, the libs and all essential files are still from S7 therefore there is no quality loss or gain in comparision to S7 Stock camera. I've tested that since I have two S7, one with S7 camera, one with S8 port camera.
2. Use zeroprobe app if you want best quality
3. No, you won't gain better quality photos if you decrease jpeg compression (set quality to 100%). There are no artifacts introduced with default settings (96%).
4. Set noise redution to 3 and leave sharpness to 5. Why? I know one S7 problem is oversharpening, but the jump from sharpness 5 (higher and default) to 4 (means lower sharpness) is to big. You will loose a lot of details then.
Noise reduction is too aggressive by default (5) and some smart photografers always say 'noise holds the details', that's true.
5. Use sports mode on daylight and moving objects, use auto mode with hdr force enabled in dark scenes and idle objects. This will give you less motionblur and less noise.

Wow! Very interesting! Spors Mode in the day Auto with HDR ON in darker schenes... Does that also apply if I use stock camera (not the zeroprobe mod)?

saurabh808

Jul 7, 2012
sml
Samsung Galaxy S20
OnePlus 8
Today i can say camera quality has dramatically reduced as compared to the 1st day i got this phone an year n few months ago.??
Getting blurred images the camera lens is clean with no scratch. Any fix without root?

Top Liked Posts