FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

992 posts
Thanks Meter: 225

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th March 2016, 04:08 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

11th March 2016, 12:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
sleeps like a baby, 0% drain on 8h sleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to johanbiff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johanbiff Ad-Free
11th March 2016, 12:31 PM |#3  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 12

More
10% drain for 8 hours (but I had my enabled the "Always On Display" to Show the Time)
The Following User Says Thank You to agonzalez1010 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agonzalez1010 Ad-Free
11th March 2016, 02:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
2-3% overnight for me. AOD off.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to squallz506 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift squallz506 Ad-Free
11th March 2016, 08:49 PM |#5  
Flag Brooklyn, NYC
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I had been having an issue where mine was never entering deep sleep. I tracked it to two things. Google voice recognition on every screen and auto backup. Once I turned those off, the battery drain seems much improved, although I only made those changes this afternoon.

If you're having issues you might try to identify the wakelock via ADB. Run the below code in a loop and see what pops up. It worked for me.
Quote:

adb shell dumpsys power | grep -i partial_wake_lock

That being said, I sure miss having root to run BetterBattery Stats. . . . Sigh. . . .
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to czucker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift czucker Ad-Free
11th March 2016, 10:12 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
sorry for the stupid question: does S7 Edge enter deep sleep automatically?

I am having a serious battery drain issue in standby. I did just turn off my google voice recognition on every screen (thanks czucker) so I'll see what happens. Im kinda upset with the performance though. I picked up the phone on Tuesday from my local sprint store (pre-ordered and it came in early) so maybe the phone is still learning my usage patterns but still the standby battery drain is concerning...
12th March 2016, 07:33 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by czucker

I had been having an issue where mine was never entering deep sleep. I tracked it to two things. Google voice recognition on every screen and auto backup. Once I turned those off, the battery drain seems much improved, although I only made those changes this afternoon.

If you're having issues you might try to identify the wakelock via ADB. Run the below code in a loop and see what pops up. It worked for me.

That being said, I sure miss having root to run BetterBattery Stats. . . . Sigh. . . .

Maybe I have the same issue. How could you turn the Google voice recognition and the auto backup off?
Ty
12th March 2016, 01:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGiap

sorry for the stupid question: does S7 Edge enter deep sleep automatically?

I am having a serious battery drain issue in standby. I did just turn off my google voice recognition on every screen (thanks czucker) so I'll see what happens. Im kinda upset with the performance though. I picked up the phone on Tuesday from my local sprint store (pre-ordered and it came in early) so maybe the phone is still learning my usage patterns but still the standby battery drain is concerning...

I fixed standby drain by turning off NFC and set OneDrive to only upload when charging. Donno if thats your problem, but its my best tips since it worked for me
12th March 2016, 02:51 PM |#9  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by czucker

Where can i turn those 2 features off? thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to larsheat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift larsheat Ad-Free
12th March 2016, 04:02 PM |#10  
Flag Ingolstadt
Thanks Meter: 5,074

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsheat

Where can i turn those 2 features off? thank you

You will find voice recognition in the Google app under settings/voice/OK Google. The second one is in settings/backup and reset under samsung account.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris_84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chris_84 Ad-Free
12th March 2016, 05:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Never goes to deep sleep
So I've had this phone for about a week, I kept hoping that the battery drain will get betters, specifically "Android System." Android System uses about 30-35% followed by screen (which is normal) followed by Android is at 16%. When the screen is off it drains almost as much batter as when the screen is on so if someone can please help me with the battery drain I'd really apriciate it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)