FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(Rom) (Kernel) (SM-G9350) Nougat HKROM (03/21/17)

1,089 posts
Thanks Meter: 949
 
By travis82, Senior Member on 18th February 2017, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is for SM-G9350 Galaxy S7 Edge DUOS.

Rom features:
March Security Patch
De-bloated
Ramdisk optimised
DM-Verity removed
Tima removed
Knox removed
Rooted
Busybox installed
Multi-user support added

HKROM Nougat (March)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862712270

Hkernel N Beta: Not yet available.

Nougat Bootloader and Modem (Hong Kong) (QC1): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298940257

You need to be on Nougat bootloader and modem for this rom to boot. Your device needs to be BOOTLOADER unlocked for this rom to boot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170218-222357.jpg
Views:	3444
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	4045771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170218-212538.jpg
Views:	3352
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	4045772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170218-222557.png
Views:	3378
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	4045773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170218-222525.png
Views:	3394
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	4045774  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to travis82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift travis82 Ad-Free
 
 
18th February 2017, 04:31 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Many Many THANKS.
18th February 2017, 05:52 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Wifi does connect, but everytime i restarted it will not auto connect and require wifi password everytime i reboot, other than that smooth.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

In addition to above problem i mention. if i turn off wifi i won't be able to turn on unless restart.
18th February 2017, 06:59 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Okay...I am pretty sure it is the problem of the kernel
Somehow i used the N kernel you gave davecotefilm, and the wifi is working now..XD I am a happy man. The only problem is the message that pop up at boot, "Kernel is not Seandroid Enforcing"
N Kernel site: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862699825
18th February 2017, 07:27 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_alextse

Okay...I am pretty sure it is the problem of the kernel
Somehow i used the N kernel you gave davecotefilm, and the wifi is working now..XD I am a happy man. The only problem is the message that pop up at boot, "Kernel is not Seandroid Enforcing"
N Kernel site: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862699825

Does private mode work with either Kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to AeroScap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AeroScap Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 07:52 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroScap

Does private mode work with either Kernel?

private mode works i only tested with that https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862699825 kernel. As the bundle kernel with travis82 N rom might be broken.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uk_alextse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uk_alextse Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 10:38 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Yokohama
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_alextse

Wifi does connect, but everytime i restarted it will not auto connect and require wifi password everytime i reboot, other than that smooth.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

In addition to above problem i mention. if i turn off wifi i won't be able to turn on unless restart.


hmm。Maybe a build.prop thing, nonetheless glad you found a working way.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_alextse

Okay...I am pretty sure it is the problem of the kernel
Somehow i used the N kernel you gave davecotefilm, and the wifi is working now..XD I am a happy man. The only problem is the message that pop up at boot, "Kernel is not Seandroid Enforcing"
N Kernel site: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862699825


That justs means the kernel is set to permissive. Personally, i think its better that way.
19th February 2017, 01:33 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
The rom is lack of simplified chinese characters. Is there a ways to fix it too?

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Oh my god, i fixed it lol..XDD i am just pure lucky. I replaced this file in fonts SECHans-Regular.otf taken From MM rom.

Also fixed all the symbol error like pounds "£"
19th February 2017, 03:33 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong, Tuen Mun
Thanks Meter: 949
 
Donate to Me
More
New rom repacked let me know if better or worse I'll give it one more shot if its worse lol, but am waiting for N for our devices just like you. Just wanted the community to feel Nougat that wasn't Chinese firmware. I'm waiting for the release too so I can update the Lineage 14.1 drivers and ramdisk and kernel. I'm afraid if I do that now, a bit will change when its available via ota and make my work moot.

Enjoy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to travis82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift travis82 Ad-Free
19th February 2017, 04:34 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks!
19th February 2017, 10:37 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
New Load
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis82

New rom repacked let me know if better or worse I'll give it one more shot if its worse lol, but am waiting for N for our devices just like you. Just wanted the community to feel Nougat that wasn't Chinese firmware. I'm waiting for the release too so I can update the Lineage 14.1 drivers and ramdisk and kernel. I'm afraid if I do that now, a bit will change when its available via ota and make my work moot.

Enjoy

Just downloaded the new ROM. As a beginner this is such a thrill. I used to root and rom in the past, but haven't done anything in awhile. Look forward to testing this all out, and providing feedback if warranted.

Thanks for the hard work you put into making this possible

-------------------------------------
SM-G9350
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes