App service runs in foreground thus there is a persistent notification placed in the notification bar. You can quickly pause/disable the service from this notification, or better use the Quick Settings custom tile. If you don't like the persistent notification, just hold you finger on the notification - notification setting will be opened and you can disable it (notification will be hidden but app still works fine).
Android 7+ is required, I'm using the app for several days already and there were no issues and no battery impact. I recommend to exclude the app from battery saving options to prevent it being killed by the system.
This app rely on Samsung SDK so it will probably work only on official or modified official firmware.
Don't forget to register at least one fingeprint in system settings, otherwise the app may not work.
Source code is available here: https://sourceforge.net/p/fingertouc...i/master/tree/
UPDATED on 2017-05-18:
New version v1.2.5:
- fixed crash when Fingertouch service is killed by system
- added check if at least one fingerprint is registered in the device
- notification bar is now closed on home button touch
- main screen is now scrollable (in case you use large system font)
- added option to start on boot
- added option to change the touch delay (useful if you use Samsung 'double tap' camera feature)
Get it for free on PLAY STORE
There is also PRO version if you wish to donate, it includes app whitelist and long touch function. PRO version has ability to disable itself automatically (for 4 seconds) when fingerprint authorization is requested in other apps. So you don't even need to use whitelist and you have 4 seconds to authorize with your fingerprint in any app after the request is made.
Uninstall the previous version 1.2.2 before installing 1.2.3!