Fingertouch APK - turn your fingerprint sensor into capacitive HOME button (v1.2.5)

Search This thread

TechnoTew

Apr 25, 2017
Unable to parse apk.

I wrote a little app for myself which turns the fingerprint sensor on Galaxy S7 Edge into a capacitive Home button - so you don't need to press the button physically, just touch it like a sensoric button. There are already similar apps on the Play Store, however none of them have an option to quickly enable/disable the service via Quick Settings custom tile (Android 7+ feature). It's a useful feature, because if you need to authenticate with your fingerprint in any app, it's needed to disable the service temporary.

App service runs in foreground thus there is a persistent notification placed in the notification bar. You can quickly pause/disable the service from this notification, or better use the Quick Settings custom tile. If you don't like the persistent notification, just hold you finger on the notification - notification setting will be opened and you can disable it (notification will be hidden but app still works fine).

Android 7+ is required, I'm using the app for several days already and there were no issues and no battery impact. I recommend to exclude the app from battery saving options to prevent it being killed by the system.

This app rely on Samsung SDK so it will probably work only on official or modified official firmware.

Source code is available here: https://sourceforge.net/p/fingertouchapp/code/ci/master/tree/

I am unable to parse the apk on a unofficial samsung modded ROM

Kholargol

Feb 15, 2008
Paris
Good app indeed. I wish I could be able to hide the notification icon and the "Fingertouch Service is running" in lock screen..

palmerx

Aug 19, 2008
Cartago
This is a great app. Works like a charm on my S7 edge.

Quick question though. Is it just me or did the phone use to vibrate when unlocking it using fingerprint? Now when I unlock the phone it does not vibrate, and I don't remember for sure but I think it used to do it before installing this apk. Can anyone please confirm? Thank you in advance.

rowain

Apr 1, 2017
It's a great app really! But the thing is that it works like the back button. It does not take you directly to home screen wherever you are.

ehaque_243

Sep 10, 2014
I am getting a fingertouch is not supported on this device warning.
Currently on RR (7.1.1) and fire opal kernel. S7 edge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wrote a little app for myself which turns the fingerprint sensor on Galaxy S7 Edge into a capacitive Home button - so you don't need to press the button physically, just touch it like a sensoric button. There are already similar apps on the Play Store, however none of them have an option to quickly enable/disable the service via Quick Settings custom tile (Android 7+ feature). It's a useful feature, because if you need to authenticate with your fingerprint in any app, it's needed to disable the service temporary.

App service runs in foreground thus there is a persistent notification placed in the notification bar. You can quickly pause/disable the service from this notification, or better use the Quick Settings custom tile. If you don't like the persistent notification, just hold you finger on the notification - notification setting will be opened and you can disable it (notification will be hidden but app still works fine).

Android 7+ is required, I'm using the app for several days already and there were no issues and no battery impact. I recommend to exclude the app from battery saving options to prevent it being killed by the system.

This app rely on Samsung SDK so it will probably work only on official or modified official firmware.

Don't forget to register at least one fingeprint in system settings, otherwise the app may not work.

Source code is available here: https://sourceforge.net/p/fingertouchapp/code/ci/master/tree/

UPDATED on 2017-05-18:
    New version v1.2.5:
    - fixed crash when Fingertouch service is killed by system

v1.2.4:
    - added check if at least one fingerprint is registered in the device
    - notification bar is now closed on home button touch
    - main screen is now scrollable (in case you use large system font)

v1.2.3:
    - added option to start on boot
    - added option to change the touch delay (useful if you use Samsung 'double tap' camera feature)

Get it for free on PLAY STORE

There is also PRO version if you wish to donate, it includes app whitelist and long touch function. PRO version has ability to disable itself automatically (for 4 seconds) when fingerprint authorization is requested in other apps. So you don't even need to use whitelist and you have 4 seconds to authorize with your fingerprint in any app after the request is made.

Uninstall the previous version 1.2.2 before installing 1.2.3!
    I've released the app on Play Store for convenient download, so if anyone is interested you can get it here: PLAY STORE, or you can download from the first post. There was a small update:

UPDATED on 2017-05-04:
    New version v 1.2.3:
    - added option to start on boot
    - added option to change the touch delay (useful if you use Samsung 'double tap' camera feature)

Uninstall the previous version 1.2.2 before installing 1.2.3!

There is also PRO version on Play Store if you wish to donate.
    New version v1.2.4 has been released and includes few minor improvements:

- added check if at least one fingerprint is registered in the device
    - notification bar is now closed on home button touch
    - main screen is now scrollable (in case you use large system font)

You can get in on PLAY STORE or from the first post.
    Thank you very much for this, working as described. I'm planning on using this for a day and reporting on battery use, what has been your experience? Also, for anyone wondering, this does not affect the lockscreen fingerprint to unlock. Double tapping to open the camera does not work though. Great app to extend the life of the home button.

Edit: no noticeable difference in battery after several days use. Thank you for your great work :)
    Small update has been released on PLAY STORE and added to the first post

Version 1.2.5, updated on 2017-05-18:
    - fixed crash when Fingertouch service is killed by system