[MOD][XPOSED]GalaxyXMod

Search This thread

l_evo

Dec 10, 2008
Beijing
Doesn't support n7 port rom now.

Sorry for my poor English.
This module supports Samsung S7E, it can customize AOD and has some other features.

x4ajOM4.jpg

cBauIKV.png

Description:
If you want to customize AOD,you must pay attention to the following points
  1. AOD version should be 1.3.07 or higher (the latest is 1.3.14),doesn't support n7 AOD version
  2. AOD content should be 'Clock', doesn't support 'Calendar' or 'Image' type now.
  3. If you want use your own image to replace the default AOD backgroud image, you should:
    • give AODService storage permission.
    • select a background image in the aod settings, default is none so image won't show.
    • put you own image at /mnt/sdcard/ and it's name must be 'aod_wallpaper.png'
      see changelog,from version 1.0.6 you can put pictures under /mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers/ and no matter what their names are.
    • the image size better to be 1600×2440,same as the default.I upload my own and the default image file,you can try it.
      Thanks to carvajaljn and his awesome images :https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwl_yG9ztPSJZFlYWndTQ1FCOG8&usp=sharing
  4. About replace the missed message app:
    • You'd better use default TouchWiz launcher, 3rd launcher like Nova can't use this feature now.
    • Only those app which can show badge count that can be choose from the candidate list, beacuse AOD read and show app's badge count, not the Notification count.
    • I'm still working on find a better way to solve the above two problems.Now if you can't use this feature normally, this mode also has a tasker plugin and you can use tasker to control the badge count.Not a good solution but can work.

Changelog:
Version 1.0.8.1 (Experimental):
require new permisssion "android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" for folder chooser
For aod 1.4 user
  1. Each app only show one icon in notification panel
  2. And a blacklist for notification panel
  3. Random custom image(for the last aod layout)

Version 1.0.8.0 (Experimental):

For aod 1.3 user:
My suggestion is don't update,just use 1.0.7.1

For aod 1.4 user:
  1. aod_wallpaper size changed to 1600x1600,other size image will be scale.
  2. Switch on the display music option,otherwise you won't see the native music info panel.
  3. Old style missed event(icon with unread num) is no longer supported,you can choose to show n7 style notification panel with 3rd party supported.
    Must give AodService notification access from: Settings - Lock Screen & Security - Other Security Settings - Notification Access
  4. Some features may invalid in ultra power saving mode.

Why we can't use Note7 aod(version 1.7) in stock s7 rom and why aod1.4 doesn't support 3rd party notification now? Because aod1.7 need a new module "AodManager" which I think in framework,some features must use code from it,but s7 doesn't have this module.
In aod1.4, 90% of the code for 3rd party notification has been prepared by samsung,the rest should be in AodManager.I don't konw that part of the code,I just use some trick to complete the process,so it may not 100% same as Note7.

Version 1.0.7.1 (Experimental):
  1. Fixes some bugs.
  2. Display current playing music info.(Experimental)

Version 1.0.7.0 (Experimental):
  1. You can control the display of each part of the AOD.
  2. You can choose up to 4 apps to show their latest notification content in AOD.(Experimental, need Breifing feed)
  3. You can show AOD in landscape mode.When in landscaper mode,put your own AOD wallpapers in '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers_landscape/'.(Experimental,has conflict with night clock mode)
    CXKKrLx.jpg

kUlK2UQ.png

Version 1.0.6.2:
  1. fix a bug that database file doesn't be closed.
  2. try to fix an oom error.

Version 1.0.6.1:
  1. Remove useless log.
  2. Try to fix a bug that sometimes missed message count doesn't show.

Version 1.0.6:
  1. Support random AOD wallpaper.Create a folder names 'aod_wallpapers' under /mnt/sdcard/,put any images you like in it,no matter what the names ther are,then done.
    Something you should know:
    • If the file '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers/aod_wallpaper.png' exists, then it will be shown all the time.It has the highest priority.
    • If the file mentioned before doesn't exist,other files in '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers/' will be random shown.
    • If the folder 'aod_wallpapers' doesn't exist, and '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpaper.png' exists,this image will be shown like in 1.0.4 version,it has the lowest priority.So if you don't need this new feature,you don't need to make any changes.
  2. Missed message support Gmail.
    How to do:
    • First, click 'Select Gmail account'
    • Second, select a label of this account,Aod will show the unread mail in the label.(If this option is diabled and you can't select,open Gmail app,wait some seconds then go back,it will be OK)
    • Last,choose Gmail from the missed message list.
  3. A new Tasker plugin about EdgeLighting.
    You can use this plugin to show EdgeLighting with any color.You must has PeopleStripe.Apk isntalled to use EdgeLighting.

Please download from Xposed repo
Download

Thanks for all your support.

Attachments

• wallpaper.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,997
Last edited:

MiNoOo

Feb 20, 2007
London
- how do I update AOD ? do you mean the stock one installed by samsung or other 3rd party app ?
- if it is the stock one, how to I allow permission for it ?

I could not do it

Managed to fix it.

What you need to do,
1- download samsung store app if you don't have to update the AOD to the latest version
2- allow permission from setting
3- select clock in AOD and then select the first background by samsung (don't worry it shows their own background on the selection window but once you apply it it should show your own photo)

Thank you for the good work :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Slem34

jordiz86

Hi mate! I installed your module, all working except custom wallpaper... I give permission to aodservice, putted the wallpaper in /mnt/sdcard, selected first background from settings but still nothing... What I'm doing wrong? :)

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Edit... Worst thing I can do... I don't activated the toggle in the module settings... ? ? ?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

maumaus

Aug 13, 2008
Awesome module. Should get more attention ;)

If I can suggest an option:
Regulate brightness.

When I sleep I wish I could make it more darker.

(btw works great on 'normal' S7)

Reactions: hasek82

dundun1701

Nov 21, 2009
Hochiminh
Thank for the mod, this is what i'm waiting for :D

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Thank for the mod, this is what i'm looking for

l_evo

Dec 10, 2008
Beijing
Could you add a function for forcing AOD on Samsung S-View cover? (As it is now AOD is disabled when used with the cover.)
That would be really awesome! :)

Please.... Make support for S-View cover... ☺️

I don't have a S-View cover, as i know it has a 'Window' in a fixed location,but the AOD always change position over time,so I think sometimes you still can't see it from the S-View cover,is that OK?:confused:

hasek82

Aug 23, 2010
Norrbotten
I don't have a S-View cover, as i know it has a 'Window' in a fixed location,but the AOD always change position over time,so I think sometimes you still can't see it from the S-View cover,is that OK?:confused:
Ok can you try to add so i can change song on Spotify :)?

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
Question.... How many notifications from different apps can we see. Can we see all the app notifications like instagram facebook, telegram whatsapp etc

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Doesn't support n7 port rom now.

Sorry for my poor English.
    This module supports Samsung S7E, it can customize AOD and has some other features.

x4ajOM4.jpg

cBauIKV.png

Description:
    If you want to customize AOD,you must pay attention to the following points
    1. AOD version should be 1.3.07 or higher (the latest is 1.3.14),doesn't support n7 AOD version
    2. AOD content should be 'Clock', doesn't support 'Calendar' or 'Image' type now.
    3. If you want use your own image to replace the default AOD backgroud image, you should:
      • give AODService storage permission.
      • select a background image in the aod settings, default is none so image won't show.
      • put you own image at /mnt/sdcard/ and it's name must be 'aod_wallpaper.png'
        see changelog,from version 1.0.6 you can put pictures under /mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers/ and no matter what their names are.
      • the image size better to be 1600×2440,same as the default.I upload my own and the default image file,you can try it.
        Thanks to carvajaljn and his awesome images :https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwl_yG9ztPSJZFlYWndTQ1FCOG8&usp=sharing
    4. About replace the missed message app:
      • You'd better use default TouchWiz launcher, 3rd launcher like Nova can't use this feature now.
      • Only those app which can show badge count that can be choose from the candidate list, beacuse AOD read and show app's badge count, not the Notification count.
      • I'm still working on find a better way to solve the above two problems.Now if you can't use this feature normally, this mode also has a tasker plugin and you can use tasker to control the badge count.Not a good solution but can work.

Changelog:
    Version 1.0.8.1 (Experimental):
    require new permisssion "android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" for folder chooser
    For aod 1.4 user
    1. Each app only show one icon in notification panel
    2. And a blacklist for notification panel
    3. Random custom image(for the last aod layout)

Version 1.0.8.0 (Experimental):

For aod 1.3 user:
    My suggestion is don't update,just use 1.0.7.1

For aod 1.4 user:
    1. aod_wallpaper size changed to 1600x1600,other size image will be scale.
    2. Switch on the display music option,otherwise you won't see the native music info panel.
    3. Old style missed event(icon with unread num) is no longer supported,you can choose to show n7 style notification panel with 3rd party supported.
      Must give AodService notification access from: Settings - Lock Screen & Security - Other Security Settings - Notification Access
    4. Some features may invalid in ultra power saving mode.

Why we can't use Note7 aod(version 1.7) in stock s7 rom and why aod1.4 doesn't support 3rd party notification now? Because aod1.7 need a new module "AodManager" which I think in framework,some features must use code from it,but s7 doesn't have this module.
    In aod1.4, 90% of the code for 3rd party notification has been prepared by samsung,the rest should be in AodManager.I don't konw that part of the code,I just use some trick to complete the process,so it may not 100% same as Note7.

Version 1.0.7.1 (Experimental):
    1. Fixes some bugs.
    2. Display current playing music info.(Experimental)

Version 1.0.7.0 (Experimental):
    1. You can control the display of each part of the AOD.
    2. You can choose up to 4 apps to show their latest notification content in AOD.(Experimental, need Breifing feed)
    3. You can show AOD in landscape mode.When in landscaper mode,put your own AOD wallpapers in '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers_landscape/'.(Experimental,has conflict with night clock mode)
      CXKKrLx.jpg

kUlK2UQ.png

Version 1.0.6.2:
    1. fix a bug that database file doesn't be closed.
    2. try to fix an oom error.

Version 1.0.6.1:
    1. Remove useless log.
    2. Try to fix a bug that sometimes missed message count doesn't show.

Version 1.0.6:
    1. Support random AOD wallpaper.Create a folder names 'aod_wallpapers' under /mnt/sdcard/,put any images you like in it,no matter what the names ther are,then done.
      Something you should know:
      • If the file '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers/aod_wallpaper.png' exists, then it will be shown all the time.It has the highest priority.
      • If the file mentioned before doesn't exist,other files in '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers/' will be random shown.
      • If the folder 'aod_wallpapers' doesn't exist, and '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpaper.png' exists,this image will be shown like in 1.0.4 version,it has the lowest priority.So if you don't need this new feature,you don't need to make any changes.
    2. Missed message support Gmail.
      How to do:
      • First, click 'Select Gmail account'
      • Second, select a label of this account,Aod will show the unread mail in the label.(If this option is diabled and you can't select,open Gmail app,wait some seconds then go back,it will be OK)
      • Last,choose Gmail from the missed message list.
    3. A new Tasker plugin about EdgeLighting.
      You can use this plugin to show EdgeLighting with any color.You must has PeopleStripe.Apk isntalled to use EdgeLighting.

Please download from Xposed repo
    Download

Thanks for all your support.
    Created by davidof

ironman2.png
    ironman.png

ultrond.png
    aod2.png

aod4.png
    aod3.png

aod45.png
    aod14.png
    bmw.png

image.png

what would you want ? please write and I'll try to do in my free time :)
    new version upload,please see the changelog
    I am too busy these days and did‘t do anything on this mod,but i'm not give up,now i have time and hope can give you a new version this week.

Any plan to make it work with aod ported from note 7 in future? :)
    note7's AOD is so powerful! Hope someone can port it to our s7,then i can work on it.

How to use the tasker plugin?
    I want to add Gmail to the AoD
    I'll add Gmail support in new version.

could you add a 3rd option missed message app? sa we can have missed call, missed message, email and whatsapp? thank you!!!
    Too greedy:D, i'll consider it.

Any news with S-View cover?
    Still have too much problems to support S-View cover,maybe a long time to do this,sorry.

A small request @l_evo. Is there any chance of hooking EdgeLighting to this as well? At the moment, when the phone is faced down Whatsapp (for example) doesn't activate the edge light, only SMS does like AOD was prior to this mod.
    That's very interesting, i'll try it.

@l_evo , will appreciate if you make an another mod which will add an option to select multiple apps notification / user definable apps notification on the Edge Feed Notification .
    Sorry I don't understand very clearly, but i think Edge Feed Notification already has it's own settings that you can control.:confused:

I know this is probably an easy answer question but how can I disable that phone icon on the AOD. I don't like it.
    Now you cant...:p

hey i remember reading it somewhere but couldn't find it in this thread, is it possible to randomise the wallpaper on every screen on from a folder containing images?
    want random wallpaper? I think use tasker can do this easily.
    OK I'll add this function in new version.

The mod doesnt work in my S7 Edge, but after reinstall my Rom (MyaRom) the mod works perfect, but now this module doesnt work, please help me, i love this module!
    Sorry i don't use 3rd rom so i cant test or solve this problem now...
    Would it be possible to blacklist apps so their alerts won't show up on AOD in future versions?
    Love your module, it's just what the S6 needed!
    Yes,you'll get it in next version