S8 Launcher Apk released

Search This thread

madvinegar

May 17, 2016
Piraeus
It's not a theme. It's just an icon pack + zooper widgets.
I explain everything in my post here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71660503&postcount=1894
Now with the s8 laucher, the package is complete. :D
I also noticed that in the settings of the launcher you can now choose to either have or not have the apps button, and also have or not have an app drawer (like we used to have the galaxy labs on MM).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170331-084951.png
    Screenshot_20170331-084951.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Screenshot_20170331-095317.jpg
    Screenshot_20170331-095317.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,381
Last edited:

nomaj

Apr 28, 2012
Selecting home screen option FC launcher =(

EDIT: Working after clearing app cache ;)

Last edited:

alitaleb121@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2014
Installed it works fine on S7 edge nougat..
Can anyone upload the s7 edge nougat TochWiz
Because the S8 launcher icons are smaller than that on s7 edge..i didn't back up my prevoius TouchWiz....help plz

alitaleb121@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2014
You can download it from apk mirror site. It's Touchwiz 5.7/5.8 depending what your carrier preloaded
Thank you for response, but i already tried that..it will not be installed. I think you can't back to older version.i want extracted TouchWiz..
And there is an issue that when swiping to left no flipboard screen...

Last edited:

xantrk

Nov 9, 2011
EDIT: IF you get packege install error you need to wipe data and install the new apk after wipe without adding any accounts or restoring data. Afterwards you can do it.

Reactions: Vivacity

CFSlayer

Nov 14, 2014
For those who are rooted and get the Package Installation Error, I fixed it and found a work around by doing the following:
1. With your favorite root explorer go to System->priv-app and search the "TouchWiz Home" folder.
2. Rename the "TouchWiz Home.apk" to "TouchWiz Home.apk.bak".
3. Copy the new launcher apk into the "TouchWiz Home folder in System/priv-app and then change the name to "TouchWiz Home.apk".
4. Set the proper permissions rw-rw-rw
5. Restart your phone
6. Profit

Hope this helps anyone :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/touchwiz-home/touchwiz-home-6-1-01-release/
    This version works without any package errors whatsoever!

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...se/touchwiz-home-6-0-77-android-apk-download/
    My friend installed it on his s6 just fine but no luck yet on S7 Edge. Any ideas doing it without root?
    ImageThumbnail2.aspx

EDIT: IF you get packege install error you need to wipe data and install the new apk after wipe without adding any accounts or restoring data. Afterwards you can do it.
    EDIT2: Solution for package issue by @Vyshakh Babu , You need to be really fast right after boot-up, so I recommend disabling sim lock and lockscreen security temporarily.
    I'm done it on my non-rooted S7 edge
    These are the steps I done
    1. Add a shortcut of the apk to the home screen from the my files app
    2.Power off the phone.
    3. Cleared the cache partition.
    4. Restarted the phone.
    5. Quickly installed the Apk by accessing the shortcut from home screen.
    (Now it's installed :eek:)
    6. But the launcher keeps force stopping.
    So I cleared touchwiz home's data and cache from app manager.
    7. Now it's working fine.

I also installed Bixby app through the same process. :)
    Hope this solution works for all those who face the conflicting signature problem.
    video: https://youtu.be/d2eHbI7hvpg
    Here you have the lastest version of launcher and theme apk, I found them in apkmirror.

They don't give me package error with the same name (or somethings like that) and I installed as normal apk.

I used them in nougat 7.0 stock no rotted, with security release april 1st 2017.
    All the themes for s8 works on them too.

(Sorry for my english)
    works flawlessly on my stock s7 edge...best touchwiz launcher till date !
    HEY HEY HEY! There is a new version in apk mirror, which works by just downloading and installing! It works with my s7, feb security patch. Guarantee it installs for all of you!
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/touchwiz-home/touchwiz-home-6-1-01-release/
    For those who are rooted and get the Package Installation Error, I fixed it and found a work around by doing the following:
    1. With your favorite root explorer go to System->priv-app and search the "TouchWiz Home" folder.
    2. Rename the "TouchWiz Home.apk" to "TouchWiz Home.apk.bak".
    3. Copy the new launcher apk into the "TouchWiz Home folder in System/priv-app and then change the name to "TouchWiz Home.apk".
    4. Set the proper permissions rw-rw-rw
    5. Restart your phone
    6. Profit

Hope this helps anyone :)