[THEME] SAMSUNG Galaxy S8 (DARK & Default)

Search This thread

envy~

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 14, 2014
Laguna
Hi, this theme I made representing the Samsung Galaxy S8 for Nougat devices specially S7/S7edge, this theme by far the most complete, true to stock, and somewhat accurate representation of the original. (I hope so) with features like:
-Multi Colored primary color for each system app (no other theme like this except theme terpsichora :p) so it just look as the default Nougat theme.
-S8 lockscreen clock font (only font not the layout)
-Over The Horizon 2017 ringtone
-S8 Homecreen icons
-Rounded Google app Widget
-Perks when using ambasadii Rom (rom theme logo and extra power menu buttons)
*Assuming you already installed the S8 home launcher/ S8 Calendar and Clock app as it will look weird if you're still on S7 default apps.

PLEASE REMOVE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING AN UPDATE AND CHOSE ONLY ONE APK PER COLOR VARIATION

CHANGE LOG
DARK:
-updated rounded Google search widget looks
-fixed some color inconsistencies for newer version of system apps (if it's still not themed maybe it's from a layout.xml edit which cannot be included on a theme)
-some personal touches added that you cannot see on the actual S8 UI

Update 2 Default Light
-updated home icons
-updated power menu icons
-more rounded Google Search widget
-S8 charging animation
-Email app modification removed to fix bugs.
-removed rounded corners, download it @ Play Store
-minor fixes I forgot

VERSION DESCRIPTION
-noclock = no clock font modification on lockscreen, ideal if you got custom floating.xml
-noframe= no icon frames for 3rd party apps on homescreen

INSTALLATION for rooted devices (you should do all this before 5min trial ends) :

-install and apply theme
-go fast to your root file manager and navigate:
-root/data/overlays/preferences folder
-delete all its contents (7 to 8 files) not the actual preferences folder.
-then navigate to:
-root/data/overlays/jsonfiles
-from there, CUT and paste the contents (1file) of trialjson folder to inside of userjson folder.
-restart phone and reapply theme.

UNROOT INSTALLATION
:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71894366&postcount=173

Special thanks for those who leak some s8 goodies:
@OttomanTR @Cronus @Forgetten @jjjhitel

e(THREAD ABANDONED, go to S8+ themes thread for updates)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170401-221027.jpg
    Screenshot_20170401-221027.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 223,172
  • Screenshot_20170401-215508.jpg
    Screenshot_20170401-215508.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 218,721
  • Screenshot_20170401-220654.jpg
    Screenshot_20170401-220654.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 217,022
  • envGalaxyS8_Theme.apk
    11.6 MB · Views: 299,082
  • envGalaxy_S8_Theme_noframe.apk
    11.6 MB · Views: 192,567
  • GalaxyS8_update2_frame_clock.apk
    12.5 MB · Views: 65,535
  • GalaxyS8_update2_frame_noclock.apk
    12.5 MB · Views: 24,275
  • GalaxyS8_update2_noframe_noclock.apk
    12.5 MB · Views: 23,779
  • GalaxyS8_update2_noframe_clock.apk
    12.5 MB · Views: 45,570
  • GalaxyS8_Dark_clock_noframe.apk
    13.3 MB · Views: 33,693
  • GalaxyS8_Dark_clock_frame.apk
    13.3 MB · Views: 43,575
  • GalaxyS8_Dark_noclock_frame.apk
    13.3 MB · Views: 21,686
  • GalaxyS8_Dark_noclock_noframe.apk
    13.3 MB · Views: 49,652
Last edited:

silversideup

Aug 23, 2010
Nice, but there is no possibility to disable icon frames. Can you please make these theme without icon frames?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: Thanakrit (SAM)

envy~

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 14, 2014
Laguna
Nice, but there is no possibility to disable icon frames. Can you please make these theme without icon frames?

attachment updated, please bear in mind that you must uninstall completely the first version (delete theme and go to storage settings and clear data/cache) before installing the noframe version. You cannot have both version at the same time. :)

silversideup

Aug 23, 2010
Works great. Icons without frames looks much better. Thanks bro.

mohitgalaxy3

Apr 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Can't click on install on s8 no frame apk. Trying normal one now.

Edit : Don't know what is wrong can't even install normal one as well. Just can't click on install on any apk.

Figured out.. Installed S8 rounded corners and it was messing up with UI.

Last edited:

SoumyasishD

Jun 22, 2014
Thanks for the awsome work, but can you kindly give us a version without rounded screen corners please.

andyaguilar94

Mar 13, 2015
Machala
My God, this theme is pretty amazing! Just one request, there's a way to disable Lockscreen modifications? I have floating features edited so, theme is causing conflict with S8 look like lockscreen.

cloud596

Jan 7, 2011
Hi, this theme I made representing the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 for Nougat devices specially S7/S7edge, this theme by far the most complete, true to stock, and somewhat accurate representation of the original. (I hope so) with features like:
-Multi Colored primary color for each system app (no other theme like this except theme terpsichora :p) so it just look as the default Nougat theme.
-Rounded corners here and there (tip: use Rounded Corners app on Google play and set to 55 for complete systemwide experience)
-S8 HD blue wallpaper
-S8 system icons
-perks when using ambasadii Rom (rom theme logo and extra power menu buttons)

*still work in progress as we get more S8 stuff.
*assuming you already installed the S8 home launcher coz I forgot/didn't theme it.

INSTALLATION for rooted devices (you should do all this before 5min trial ends) :
-install and apply theme
-then navigate to:
-from there, CUT and paste the contents (1file) of trialjson folder to inside of userjson folder.

enjoy.

Nice theme

Last edited:

xhaniGS2

Nov 1, 2011
Kosova
For non rooted device use package disabler pro, download theme, apply, go to package disable pro, search theme as shown on attachment, clear data of both and disable both.. no reebot needed.. theme is sick :), i just wonder how to get weather widget of s8?

Thanks Screenshot_20170402-111605.png

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

scholz123

Jan 30, 2014
Straubing-Bavaria
I installed SystemUI Layout from S8 to the Lockscreen and with this Theme i have "old" Clock STyle back... is it possible to add S8 Lockscreen Layout? Its possible with some Themes from Theme Store. Then its perfect... thanks awesome work

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, this theme I made representing the Samsung Galaxy S8 for Nougat devices specially S7/S7edge, this theme by far the most complete, true to stock, and somewhat accurate representation of the original. (I hope so) with features like:
    -S8 Homecreen icons
    -Perks when using ambasadii Rom (rom theme logo and extra power menu buttons)
    *Assuming you already installed the S8 home launcher/ S8 Calendar and Clock app as it will look weird if you're still on S7 default apps.

PLEASE REMOVE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING AN UPDATE AND CHOSE ONLY ONE APK PER COLOR VARIATION

CHANGE LOG
    DARK:
    -updated rounded Google search widget looks
    -fixed some color inconsistencies for newer version of system apps (if it's still not themed maybe it's from a layout.xml edit which cannot be included on a theme)
    -some personal touches added that you cannot see on the actual S8 UI

Update 2 Default Light
    -updated home icons
    -updated power menu icons
    -more rounded Google Search widget
    -S8 charging animation
    -Email app modification removed to fix bugs.
    -removed rounded corners, download it @ Play Store
    -minor fixes I forgot

VERSION DESCRIPTION
    -noclock = no clock font modification on lockscreen, ideal if you got custom floating.xml
    -noframe= no icon frames for 3rd party apps on homescreen

-install and apply theme
    -then navigate to:

UNROOT INSTALLATION
    :
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71894366&postcount=173

e(THREAD ABANDONED, go to S8+ themes thread for updates)
    For Non-rooted Nougat without PDP

Hi,
    I'm currently using Galaxy S6 (G920F) running official Nougat 7.0 (without root) and i found a way to use this beautiful theme permanently without any third-party package disabler.

Note: I DIDN'T TRY THIS METHOD ON MARSHMELLOW OR ANY CUSTOM ROM.

1) Install S8 Launcher and Weather Widget from here (thanks to @Albe95):
    https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6/themes-apps/collection-s8-apps-project-dream-t3565688

2) Install the newest Samsung Themes Store and Themes Center:
    https://mega.nz/#!x40TiY7S!_-ug4rBKTrG0z8Bc-Z5winhhRuYMYQ1N1g_YA5xLc5k
    https://mega.nz/#!04VUnLLb!NSGghl89j74WtTpNG1Gu-fBQD3oxLuUa_NmpqFVXJkw

3) Enable Developer options in Settings (About device > Software info > press on Build number 7 times or more). Now it should
    be visible in the Settings Menu.

4) Download and install the theme version you like. Open the theme store and apply the theme (FREE TRIAL).
    Note: MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ANY PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED VERSION OF THIS THEME. DON'T UPDATE AN ALREADY INSTALLED ONE.

5) Close the store, then head to Developer options > Running services > find both Themes/Samsung Themes and STOP BOTH.
    Note: MAKE SURE BOTH AREN'T PRESENT IN RUNNING SERVICES ANYMORE AFTERWARDS.

6) Go back to Settings > Apps > Samsung Themes > Storage > CLEAR BOTH DATA & CACHE.
    Note: YOU HAVE TO REDO BOTH 5 & 6 EACH TIME THE PHONE IS RESTARTED AS THEME SERVICE RELAUNCHES ITSELF AGAIN.

That's it. The theme is applied permanently and there is no need for a 3rd-party app like PDP.

Thanks @envy~ for such a great theme. :p
    Dark version

here it is the beta release, as you test please give feedback and suggestions, I didn't make it amoled black for some reason it's just "dark" don't request it to be like that, planning to add some other color variations in the future (primary color blue to something else). It borrows alot of tricks from theme terpsichora so expect some bugs from it to be here but I'd make it to look like stock Nougat as possible. :)

*someone on DQD1 can confirm the stock Messaging app bug for dark theme? (TAB text color selected and unselected stays dark even after theming it)?? I thought it was only on my theme but I've tried a few new dark theme form the store and it's still like that. I don't know why and I can't find the color to be edited from the stock messaging app resources :(
    Any plans to update white version?
    I have systemUI fc when tap on lockscreen notification.
    not for now, main focus is on dark theme.
    Awesome. Would love to see the blue theme soon

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    It's already blue, (default Nougat blue) what I mean is blue to something else maybe red and green.
    Theme is great but i see this for calendar.... is it because of the app, also i don't have rounded corners
    Your using MM version of calendar, and I see nothing wrong about it except the actionbar color. rounded corner on a dark theme is useless you won't even see it.
    OK so far from using as a daily driver/theme this what I have from beta testing:

1. Watch icon should be white from swipe down from top of screen.
    2. Background on smart lock should be maybe dark gray.
    Thanks this is what I'm looking for that's why I didn't release it as a actual OP release :)
    Why you wouldnt put in on Theme Store? I'm pretty sure the Dark theme would easily get to one of TOP PAID THEME!!!

Since I'm rooted and managed to make it permanently theme, a donation is coming on the way.
    Theme with a customization like this will never be able to make a theme store release, that Editor they're using is very limited. Much better like this. :) don't donate on my PayPal, it's having an issue.. Appreciation and click on the thanks button is enough :)
    In a update could you make all the icons like s8?
    Maybe not its a limitation of the Theme Editor and there's no way I can map other icons via apktool coz I don't know the filenames of other icons. I can only do a version for other third party icons to have frame.
    Minor update live again @ OP (Consider it update 2.1, I've deleted the previous update2 uploads, goodbye 4K+ downloads T-T)

-Google search widget fixed for HD display resolution
    -Updated more Homescreen icons
    -Four update2 versions now:
    *frame = with icon frames
    *no frame = without icon frames
    *clock = with S8 clock lockscreen font (not the layout)
    *noclock = without lockscreen Clock modification (ideal for floatingxml edits)

UNROOT INSTALLATION:
    Learn to backread guise, it has been ask a million and a hundred thirty four times already, you'll need a working PACKAGE DISABLER APP, that is still doing the trick of stopping the 5min trial period. Coz there are versions of DISABLER app that doesn't work anymore you must find what versions are still working. I can't give proper instructions for it coz I'm rooted and I don't know how it works, there are peeps here who already gave tips. Just backread.

YOU CANNOT BUY THIS THEME @ Theme Store coz I'm not a professional samsung themer.