I proudly present my first Android related work.
The GT-S7560M has a similar hardware except the dual-SIM RIL, so the kylessopen firmware (thanks to jonypx09 and others) was a good initial source.
I reverse engineered the stock Java Radio Interface Layer, and based on that informations, I restructured the kylessopen’s sources.
Finally with my custom telephony-common, telephony-msim java layer, and with the stock rild, and libril*.so binaries, the GSM connection works.
Important: This is an unofficial release. If you find a bug, please send a feedback in this thread.
If you have a problem with the installation, write it down in the Q&A thread.
- S7562, S7562L supported.
- S7562_C_, S7562_i_ are not supported. Don't flash on it, otherwise you will brick your phone.
- Video Encoding has bugs.
- Camera is only 3Mpx.
- FM radio not supported.
- WiFi not works on L version, I need a tester.
- TWRP Recovery latest (3.0.2) recommended
- 1. Download Odin flashable TWRP .tar to your PC
- 2. Reboot to download mode and flash TWRP with Odin
- 3. Reboot to TWRP recovery using VolUP+VolDN+Home+Power keycombo
- 4. TAKE FULL BACKUP of your system in order to be able to restore if something fails. This is important
- 5. proceed with cm Installation
- 1. Download the latest Recovery flashable TWRP .zip package to your device
- 2. Reboot to custom recovery and flash TWRP .zip
- 3. TAKE FULL BACKUP of your system in order to be able to restore if something fails. This is important
- 4. proceed with cm Installation
CM11 Installation method:
- 1. Download the latest cm11 package to your device
- 2. Reboot to TWRP recovery.
- 3. TAKE FULL BACKUP of your system in order to be able to restore if something fails. This is important.
- 4. Make a factory-reset / Wipe your phone (everythig except SDCARD) important to prevent bootloops
- 5. Install Unofficial CM11 with TWRP (Uncheck zip file verification before install).
- 6. Reboot and configure your system
- optional. If you are going to use gapps, reboot to TWRP recovery, flash gapps.
- optional. If your mobile Connections are not working Flash the hungarian modem using TWRP recovery
Hungarian Modem: Modem_S7562XXLJ3.zip Recovery flashable
Odin v3 for Windows: Odin3_GT-S7562.zip
Recovery - TWRP 3.0.2: recoveryTWRP302 Recovery flashable
Recovery - TWRP 3.0.2: recoveryTWRP302 Odin flashable
Latest version of gapps - opengapps.org. Select ARM as platform, select 4.4 as Android. As variant "pico" is recomended.
Stock Hun Firmware: S7562XXALJ4_S7562OXXALJ3_S7562XXLJ3_HOME.tar.7z
S7562 Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 RC3+
- RC3 Maintenance updates + additional improvements built by klinkone and kengnatural
The changelog of the latest build:
- Latest security updates
- Fixed OMX bug which did not allow the latest version of Viber app to work.
- ART compile timeout increased to allow large program to be installed.
- default cpu governor set to ondemand and min. cpu freq. set to 245 MHz by default
- default minfree settings changed to avoid hanging of the phone when zram is full;
- ART fix for gcc-4.8 (thank to JustArchi)
- BLN support without external app (button backlights are used as notification leds)
- fixed front camera preview hanging after taking a picture
- initial fix of facebook app video codec issue (still buggy)
For primary-physical configuration, where there is no emulated external memory, only physical sdcard is used as an external memory, please see below:
This build is the same as cm-11-20160305-UNOFFICIAL-kylessopen ROM with the following differences:
- physical-primary configuration
- experimental high vm.dirty_ratio setting for improving i/o speed
-mounting the "hidden" partition disabled
-obsolete start() and startvm() returned back to support xposed again
-fixed soft reboot issue when bluetooth is switched off and user sends some file using it
-bluetooth soft reboot fixed by kengnatural
-theme uninstall soft reboot fixed by kengnatural
-available ram is 645mb (~20mb more which is as stock)
-zram and zcache updated + fixed
-zram reduced to 128mb
-added missing things for low ram config according to: https://source.android.com/devices/t...g/low-ram.html
-user friendly f2fs support
-ramdisk ext4/f2fs double entries for /data and /cache
-initial BLN (capacitive keys act as notification LED)
-some cleanup in device tree
-removed cm-updater (obvious why)
-applied "JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations V3 for CyanogenMod (11)" optimization level -O3
-using google's GCC4.8 for rom and kernel
-bluez updated to V5.36 thanks @Codename13 for sending the pull request
-changed kernel repo to my fork of majonez BA2X-2.0
-unused 50mb hidden partition is mounted to /hidden on boot do whatever you want with it
-dalvik-cache devided system apps go to /cache/dalvik-cache user apps go to /data/dalvik-cache (saves some space in /data)
-256mb zram enabled by default
-initial basic rc3 configuration for updated RC3+ builds
-some repos changed to up to date ones (legacymod)
-latest cm-11.0 sources of 27.11.2015 including android security-patches of 01.11.2015
-wifi reconnect working
-no systemupdateservice wakelock aka google play services wakelock battery drain etc.
S7562 Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 RC3
- 1. Improved Bluetooth support
- 2. Most kernel debug flags disabled
- 3. Added some missing libraries
- 4. Merged all CyanogenMod source changes
- 5. Bugfixes
- I think it's a little faster than previous versions. - What do you think?
- You can update system from RC2 without wipe your phone.
- You can enable "Force high-end graphics". Mostly, animations are smooth.
- I ask everyone, who have bluetooth accessories to test the bluetooth layer, and provide feedback what is working or not (just with log cats).
- 1. Backported Bluetooth driver and Management Interface from Linux Kernel v.3.13
- 2. Newest Bluez 5.28 Bluetooth stack
- 3. Few bugfixes to wireless driver
- 4. All RC1 updates included
KlinkOnE's kernel based on RC2_v2 with F2FS support: ==>
S7562 Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 RC1 - downloaded more than 1k times
ROM: http://uploaded.net/file/pionx3a0 mirror: cm-11-20150205-UNOFFICIAL-kylessopen-RC1.zip
Updates for RC1 (flash with TWRP):
CameraFIX_v2.zip This will fix the front and back videocamera. Before install this, disable Viber's videoConverterService with DisableService app (Play Store).
If your battery quickly discharges on RC1, disable all bluetooth service (org.codeaurora.bluetooth, Bluetooth Share) with DisableService (Play Store).
- Working Radio Interface Layer for both SIM card
- WiFi direct is not supported, so you can't enable. Use Bluetooth, Dropbox, email etc...
- If you want to install Viber, before the first start, disable Viber's videoConverterService with DisableService app (Play Store).
- The "OneL+ Lollipop" theme with "IdeaL Theme Dark"'s icons is beautiful.
- To prevent sound disruption, enable the equalizer.
- Fixed with all releases after rc3. For reference see below
- Latest gapps (ver. 7.x) has issues, and eat our baterry, so I recommend to install the package that I linked, disable autoupdate in Gapps, and disable GPlay's CheckWifiAndAutoUpdate service with DisableService (from Play Store).
- If your Gservices app updated to the version 7.x, you can easily downgrade to 6.x
(you can do this, if you installed my linked package or earlier):
- Settings-->Security-->Device Administrators-->Uncheck "Android Device Manager"
- Settings-->Apps-->Google Services-->Disable-->Yes, you want to remove updated version
- Recommended gapps: pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150117-signed.zip
[CM11][GT-S7562] Samsung Galaxy S Duos Kitkat 4.4.4, ROM for the Android General
m4jonez, KlinkOnE, kengnatural
Source Code: https://github.com/majonez
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Last Updated 2016-12-06