LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
GPS takes ~30secs to lock Torch cannot be activated from quick settings External SDCard not showing up in gallery, etc Fingerprint LTE is spotty - only 2G/3G seem to be stable Screen recording is broken (csc errors)
- Camera saves picture in wrong orientation (workaround: lower quality to 11,9MP 16:9 in camera settings)
- Download the latest build and gapps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and gapps
- Builds : See below
- Root addon : https://download.lineageos.org/extras
- Google Apps : http://opengapps.org/
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
What is your-- LineageOS version: LineageOS Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
2017/08/11 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634791977
2017/08/14 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120755593
2017/08/22 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545590372
2018/01/03 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329070889
2018/01/03 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569953982
The releases are based on Samsung Nougat kernel sources. If you are facing issues regarding the radio stack, you need to flash official N to get the new baseband. The M baseband might work, but it unsupported!
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7
Source Code: https://github.com/raymanfx/android_...msung_a5y17lte
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Last Updated 2018-02-15