LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.
- Mobile data
- Hardware composer
- OpenMAX (hardware encoding/decoding)
- Camera (photos + recording)
- Double tap to wake
- Always on display
- Software encryption
Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.
All variants should be working but only A520F and A720F are well tested since the developers have them.
How to install
- Make sure you had Samsung's Oreo firmware bootloader and modem before installing this.
- Make sure you are using the latest official TWRP version.
- Download the lineage build, optionally google apps and extras.
- In TWRP format data (if you still have stock rom encryption).
- In TWRP wipe data and cache.
- Flash LineageOS.
- Optional: Flash Google apps (rightafter).
- Optional: Flash extras.
LineageOS updater will handle updates automatically (OTA).
If you're flashing manually, it's okay to dirty flash.
A5 2017: download.lineageos.org | wiki.lineageos.org | twrp.me
A7 2017: download.lineageos.org | wiki.lineageos.org | twrp.me
Google apps (arm64): wiki.lineageos.org
Old builds (unofficial): get.mcfy.fr
Huge thanks to:
- @RaymanFX for the original work on lineage 14.1 and thus making this possible.
- @forkbomb444 for valuable contribution to 7880 sources.
- @Stricted and @danwood76 for contribution to exynos platform on lineage 17.1.
- LineageOS Team
- Lastly, @McFy for the server for unofficial builds.
[ROM][A5|7 2017] LineageOS 16.0 Official [WEEKLY], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7
Option58, RaymanFX, forkbomb444
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android..._universal7880
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Samsung oreo firmware
Last Updated 2020-06-29