Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][9][A5|7 2017] LineageOS 16.0 Alpha

1,373 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,270

By Option58, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 8th December 2018, 12:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS 16.0 Alpha for Galaxy A5|7 2017

LineageOS logo

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

What's working?
  • Boots
  • Audio
  • Calls
  • Wifi
  • Hotspot
  • Mobile data
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • Fingerprint
  • OpenMAX (hardware encoding/decoding)
  • Camera (photos + recording)
  • NFC
  • Sensors
  • Vibration
  • Double tap to wake
  • Always on display
  • Miracast

Bugs and problems
  • Hardware composer is disabled for now
  • Selinux is in permissive mode
  • Battery life could be a bit better
  • Could be more, read the thread

Supported variants

Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.
All variants should be working but only A520F and A720F are well tested since the developers have them.

How to install
  1. Make sure you had Samsung's Oreo firmware bootloader and modem before installing this
  2. Make sure you are using the latest official TWRP version.
  3. Download the lineage build and google apps
  4. Copy them to the phone
  5. In TWRP wipe dalvik/cache/system/data
  6. Flash LineageOS
  7. Flash Gapps
  8. Optional: Flash root package
  9. Reboot

For flashing new builds, it's okay to dirty flash.

Downloads

ROM: get.mcfy.fr | androidfilehost | changelog
TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sam...-2017-t3815931
Gapps (ARM64 9.0): http://opengapps.org
Root addon (arm64): https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Credits

Huge thanks to @RaymanFX and @forkbomb444 for making lineage for A5|7 even possible and many of the works and fixes found in this rom are actually done by them.
And also huge thanks to the LineageOS Team and the rest of the exynos developer community for continuous work, help and support.
Lastly, thanks @McFy for the server.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][9][A5|7 2017] LineageOS 16.0 Alpha, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
Option58, RaymanFX, forkbomb444
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android..._universal7880

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Samsung oreo firmware

Version Information

Created 2018-12-08
Last Updated 2019-05-11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181208-022847_Quickstep.jpg
Views:	17038
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	4660699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181208-022920_Settings.png
Views:	16778
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	4660700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181208-023023_Quickstep.jpg
Views:	16574
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	4660702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181208-022936_Settings.png
Views:	16364
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	4660703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181208-024143_Quickstep.png
Views:	16284
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	4660707  
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to Option58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Option58 Ad-Free

8th December 2018, 12:35 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Serbia

More
FAQ
I'm sometimes having crackling sound when listening to music
Turn off 'ok google now' functionality in google app settings. If you have troubles finding it you can as well go to settings>apps, find app called 'google' and disable microphone permission.

Does this rom support VoLTE?
No. And it likely won't in the near future. Samsung's VoLTE is not possible on AOSP based roms for the time being.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Option58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Option58 Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 12:36 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Serbia

More
Building LineageOS

I'm releasing all the needed bits for the rom to compile properly for the people in the community out there that might want to compile themselves or submit patches to the project.
You are allowed to make lineage-based pie roms. If you are using this to make them please be clear about the rom being lineage-based and stay honest with the community about what your role in the work really is.

1. Follow the instructions at https://source.android.com/source/initializing.html and https://source.android.com/source/downloading.html.
  2. When you get to repo init, use the url https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-16.0
  3. repo sync
  4. Edit roomservice.xml in .repo/local_manifests/ and edit it so it looks like this
  5. repo sync
  6. cherrypick list
  7. . build/envsetup.sh
  8. For A5: brunch a5y17lte
    For A7: brunch a7y17lte
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Option58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Option58 Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 08:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Good job dude tq for work
But hotspot and speaker sound is important for daily usage
Try to fix them
And once again great job
8th December 2018, 08:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbvyas96

Good job dude tq for work
But hotspot and speaker sound is important for daily usage
Try to fix them
And once again great job

Speaker is working
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elcreepyFP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elcreepyFP Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 10:00 AM |#6  
Flag Giza
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Here's the bugs that appeared in the ROM,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModatherM

So been using the ROM for whole week, and here's the list of the bugs i faced them on A5 2017, Also same bugs on A7 2017,
• Hotspot not working.
• USB tethering not working.
• Ambient Display cause battery drain
• Phone speakers are cracking lil bit, which cause the sound unclear.
• When you are calling your friends, He can't hear your voice clearly, Even if you recorded a voice you will hear it unclear.
• Sometimes Internet calling (Telegram, Messanger etc...) not working, Both sides can't hear each other.
• Some people reported that GPS not working, But it worked for me well, with Mobile data and WIFI.
• VIPER4ANDROID not working ( Magisk Module ). [ Not so important but just for who care for it ]
• Blacklight are always on, I hope there will be solution soon to make it like TW roms.
• Camera (Front and Rear) need to be improved so much, As it lags with video recording in some third party apps, Also Sometimes it request me to restart the phone due to Camera Driver erorr.
• Huge battery drains, (FIXED them by clean re-flashing the rom).
• Enabling HWC cause some freezes and sometimes refuses to reboot.

Thats all I have found from 1 week of use, Once again thanks @Option58 for your efforts.

The Following User Says Thank You to ModatherM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ModatherM Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 10:19 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreepyFP

Speaker is working

Sound cracking
8th December 2018, 10:27 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Serbia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModatherM

• Blacklight are always on, I hope there will be solution soon to make it like TW roms.

Yeah I also use that. But that's not A5/A7 stuff. That's a missing lineage rom feature for all devices, not just ours. And unfortunately it hasn't been ported to Pie yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Option58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Option58 Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 10:51 AM |#9  

More
Hi, @Option58
• VIPER4ANDROID not working ( Magisk Module ). [ Not so important but just for who care for it ]
Actually works for me, just acts sometimes with some weird behaviors (requires a reboot to fix it most of the time/disabling audioFX fixed most of the issues for me)
• Some people reported that GPS not working, But it worked for me well, with Mobile data and WIFI.
Same here, works well.
Same here.
• Huge battery drains.
Clearly what had to be expected on an unoptimized rom. I checked on kernel Adiutor, cpu clock is always at maximum, probably not normal (honestly idk if it causes battery drain). Otherwise battery life is decent when phone is on agressive doze or plane mode (less than 1% in 10h)

Thank you for the work done, it's a huge step forward to a stable rom with pie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Metrogaming For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Metrogaming Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 11:18 AM |#10  
Flag Giza
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Option58

Yeah I also use that. But that's not A5/A7 stuff. That's a missing lineage rom feature for all devices, not just ours. And unfortunately it hasn't been ported to Pie yet.

I hope they do that, Because it's weird to hold your phone with backlight always on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrogaming

Hi, @Option58
Actually works for me, just acts sometimes with some weird behaviors (requires a reboot to fix it most of the time/disabling audioFX fixed most of the issues for me)
Same here, works well.
Same here.
• Huge battery drains.
Clearly what had to be expected on an unoptimized rom. I checked on kernel Adiutor, cpu clock is always at maximum, probably not normal (honestly idk if it causes battery drain). Otherwise battery life is decent when phone is on agressive doze or plane mode (less than 1% in 10h)

Thank you for the work done, it's a huge step forward to a stable rom with pie.

About VIPER4ANDROID can you tell me how you made it work please? ( I have Audio modification library installed ). [ Never mind it worked, Didn't notice that AudioFX was on, after disabling it, V4A worked. ]
About Huge battery drains, i didn't face that issue again after i cleared flash the rom as i mentioned in my list, as before i was going from 100% to 15% in two hours but after reflashing it take around 10hrs on battery and 4hrs screen on time and by comparing that to STOCK ROM (As Hades can survive till 15hrs on battery and 7hrs screen on) it's not bad, so i suggest everyone facing battery drain to re-flash and turn off Ambient Display and he will get stock rom battery life (not hades).
8th December 2018, 01:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I hear a lot of people experiencing the following bugs:
- Capacitive key lights always on
- Serious battery drain
- Sound crackling
Yet I don't seem to have one of them. How could that be? Does it depend on the region where you bought the phone or so?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)