By McFy, Recognized Developer on 14th January 2018, 03:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2019, 05:33 PM |#1091  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
I have just tested Lineage OS 16.0 and... I really prefer LOS 15.1
- Android Pie does not allow to turn off localisation use battery saving mode -> not so good for battery life
- Luminosity behaves "strangely" in automatic mode with LOS 16.0. For instance, sometimes it is very high even if ambiant has not changed a lot after a call. Automatic mode in 15.1 seems to have a better behavior
- Apps icons are nicer in LOS 15.1 (no white circle around them)
- In the status bar, few icons are missing in LOS 16.0 (BT when on for instance)
- In LOS 15.1, when you lower the volume, then you can get the silent mode and if you reduce even more the volume, you get the "not disturb mode", and this capacity seems to be absent in LOS 16.0

Both LOS 15.1 and 16.0 have the same issue with Exchange accounts : sometimes, all the account (and so the calendars and E mails) seems to be completly downloaded (with a security checking), and then,we lose few settings (color of each calendar for instance).

18th April 2019, 06:26 AM |#1092  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayWalker II

- Android Pie does not allow to turn off localisation -> not so good for battery life

Can you elaborate?
Location can be disabled in the settings Security & location > location (this might not be an accurate translation, but close enough), does that not disable GPS and other means for getting the location?

I'm asking about android pie in general, not specifically for Samsung A3
18th April 2019, 07:47 AM |#1093  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnd123

Can you elaborate?
Location can be disabled in the settings Security & location > location (this might not be an accurate translation, but close enough), does that not disable GPS and other means for getting the location?

I'm asking about android pie in general, not specifically for Samsung A3

Sorry, I was wrong, it is the battery saving mode that is not available anymore (SRC : https://www.androidpolice.com, settings are the same in Android Pie). So you can not turn off GPS and get a rough localisation (what is enought for a lot of applications)
26th April 2019, 06:51 PM |#1094  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I read that the mic volume was boosted in Lineage 16.0. Is there any chance to have the same quick fix in that rom? The mic volume is also too low when using a connected or bluetooth handset.
28th April 2019, 11:18 AM |#1095  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just a quick How to install Galaxy wear on LOS 15.1.

The problem : Galaxy wear will install but wont run complaining about being run on a non-stock rom.

The solution : fool the app by editing /system/build.prop
replace samsung by htc on 2 lines : ro.product.brand and ro.product..manufacturer.brand.

The tricky part : being root wasnt sufficient and any editing i made via a file manager wasnt saved into the filesystem. i had to manually go into TWRP, select terminal and edit the file through the vi unix command (have to know how to do that lucky i do it for a living) .

After that, it was smooth as butter, the app is now working and the watch too.
One last trick : susbtitute the LOS' sms default app by another so you can get the sms notifications.

Et voilĂ , have a nice day guys !
13th May 2019, 02:39 PM |#1096  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediafr

Just a quick How to install Galaxy wear on LOS 15.1.

The problem : Galaxy wear will install but wont run complaining about being run on a non-stock rom.

The solution : fool the app by editing /system/build.prop
replace samsung by htc on 2 lines : ro.product.brand and ro.product..manufacturer.brand.

The tricky part : being root wasnt sufficient and any editing i made via a file manager wasnt saved into the filesystem. i had to manually go into TWRP, select terminal and edit the file through the vi unix command (have to know how to do that lucky i do it for a living) .

After that, it was smooth as butter, the app is now working and the watch too.
One last trick : susbtitute the LOS' sms default app by another so you can get the sms notifications.

Et voilĂ , have a nice day guys !

Just use BuildProb Editor form Google Play. I think it is more easy to use.
But my biggest problem is making phone calls over the watch.
25th May 2019, 01:33 AM |#1097  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, when I follow the Gapps link in the 1st post the Platform there is set to ARM64. Since Exynos 7870 Octa in my SM-A320FL is ARM architecture with 64-bit word (https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/samsung/exynos/7870) the automatic ARM64 selection looks right, however the Gapps won't install returning Error 64 "cannot be installed on this architecture - use ARM instead". Installing the ARM one succeeds indeed. Why is that? Should perhaps the automatic selection of ARM64 be amended accordingly, so that ARM is autoselected instead?
25th May 2019, 07:07 AM |#1098  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandreye

Hi, when I follow the Gapps link in the 1st post the Platform there is set to ARM64. Since Exynos 7870 Octa in my SM-A320FL is ARM architecture with 64-bit word (https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/samsung/exynos/7870) the automatic ARM64 selection looks right, however the Gapps won't install returning Error 64 "cannot be installed on this architecture - use ARM instead". Installing the ARM one succeeds indeed. Why is that? Should perhaps the automatic selection of ARM64 be amended accordingly, so that ARM is autoselected instead?

I think that even though the processor of the phone is 64 bit, the rom itself is 32 bit. And there is no selection of architecture embedded in the opengapps link, 64 bit was just selected by default for you. But I agree that it would be useful to state in the description of the rom if it's 32 or 64 bit.
25th May 2019, 08:38 AM |#1099  

More
mnd123:

> And there is no selection of architecture embedded in the opengapps link, 64 bit was just selected by default for you.

I see: thank you. Just thought as all 3 switches (Platform/Android/Variant) seemed set right for SM-A320FL that the thread is about, the topic starter made those selected that way within the URL somehow and so ARM64 is valid. Worth noting though that I accessed that URL from my W10x64 laptop, so if it tried sensing it it should've chosen x86-64, hence no idea where that ARM64 comes from.
26th May 2019, 11:53 AM |#1100  

More
Does anyone else besides me who uses this ROM + Gapps on SM-A320FL have two exactly same looking Phone app icons in the app drawer right next to each other? If so is that normal (and why) and is there a way to get rid of one of them? I first flashed the ROM alone (using Install zip in TWRP 3.3.1.0 as Install Image wasn't showing the zip with the ROM) and then once it booted into the ROM I rebooted into TWRP back and flashed Gapps: could that have messed things up? Thanks in advance!
26th May 2019, 08:58 PM |#1101  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unable to flash ROM via TWRP
Hi,
first of all thanks for your work I try to install get.mcfy.fr/Samsung%20Galaxy%20A3%202017/LineageOS%2015.1/ (latest) on my A3 (2017) following the quick steps at the beginning of this thread.

Setup is a Win7-64 PC, adb devices and fastboot devices shows ok. I did the following:
- copy lineage-15.1-20181205-UNOFFICIAL-a3y17lte.zip and open_gapps(...).zip to the sdcard
- use odin 3.13.1 to install twrp 3.3.1 --> it seems ok, I can boot into it and get the recovery menu.
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache
- "apply update from SD card" --> failed to mount /sdcard
- "apply update from ADB", on PC start adb sideload lineage[...].zip --> after 100% transfer on the A3 the recovery shows error 21 / signature verification failed

There are some more error messages:
Failer to clear BCB message: failed to find /misc partition

Q1: do I have to root my phone in some way? I thought once the recovery is in place, this is not needed anymore but I can flash any ROM to the device
Q2: any ideas regarding the errors above

Thanks for any help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)