[SCRIPT] Nougat DEBLOAT Script

Search This thread

Windforce0511

Aug 19, 2014
BIH
Hello everyone,
Galaxy A 2017 Series comes with much more bloatware than most other phones, it has apps preinstalled that some of us probably will never use.
Some of those apps may even run at boot and consume RAM and CPU. For this purpose I made a small very effective script and that will remove huge amount of applications. This script works on de-odexed and odexed ROMs and you can use it even for Marshmallow ROMs, so this is ALL-IN-ONE solution. :)
I created the script when Nougat came out and I use it all the time without any problems.
* You can easily edit script and add character ' # ' to exclude certain APP from deleting *

REMOVED STUFF:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UQ5RqlQSDXi9AZkKWhCdv21bTWNyDrx4Sf1jsbox-Nk/edit

Attachments

• DEBLOAT_Script_Samsung_Nougat_Windforce0511.zip
    174.4 KB · Views: 7,586

Menroid

Jun 25, 2015
Amsterdam
Thanks!

But wow that are alot removed Apps?!
And i assume you'r are running smooth with no errors, awesome!

Oct 6, 2009
problem: K9 mail, program open, when I open letter, program closed

Last edited:

broky

Jan 31, 2009
Hello everyone,
Galaxy A 2017 Series comes with much more bloatware than most other phones, it has apps preinstalled that some of us probably will never use.
Some of those apps may even run at boot and consume RAM and CPU. For this purpose I made a small very effective script and that will remove huge amount of applications. This script works on de-odexed and odexed ROMs and you can use it even for Marshmallow ROMs, so this is ALL-IN-ONE solution. :)
I created the script when Nougat came out and I use it all the time without any problems.
* You can easily edit script and add character ' # ' to exclude certain APP from deleting *

REMOVED STUFF:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UQ5RqlQSDXi9AZkKWhCdv21bTWNyDrx4Sf1jsbox-Nk/edit

Can you tell what is the difference with Package Disabled app?
What I ask is :
Your script permanently erases apps from the system and frees space-probably good for speed and battery

Package Disabler stop apps from running but not erases them from system,
on the other hand is very convenient to enable them when you need and disable again.
Personally I use your applist but in Package Disabler.
I think that your script would be the best solution if it could create a backup folder with erased apps so I could restore them anytime I needed

Last edited:
This script works on de-odexed and odexed ROMs and you can use it even for Marshmallow ROMs, so this is ALL-IN-ONE solution. :)

Completely crashed my A320FL running 6.0.1 (odexed), I have to admit, I modified the script, so less apps would be deleted (added # in front of the lines as you recommended), but nothing else. The phone restarts within few seconds just after booting.
Flashed all the original apps through recovery and tons of "app closed" windows appear, which make phone completely unusable. Have to reflash it completely.
Any idea what happened? I attached my modified script below.

Man, do I hate Samsung's stock firmware...

Attachments

• updater-script.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 440

dblue1969

Sep 12, 2017
Same here, rendered my SM-A320FL running 6.0.1 (stock Galaxy ROM) completely unusuable. It boots and starts up, but as soon as I unlock the SIM card, it reboots after 5 sec. Without using SIM card it's okay - but useless. ;) And a few Galaxy Apps like Health, Note are still there...
I gave it a shot, reflashed my A320FL with a 6.0.1 stock rom and commented out a lot of entries in your script, and after that it worked. Interesting would be a diff between the original and the modified script, which of these deleted components would cause such behaviour on 6.0.1.

Will update to Nougat next and try your (unmodified) script again.

J.

dblue1969

Sep 12, 2017
I did the ROM update to Nougat and tried your script again. It works. So the "SIM-reboot-loop bug" on my A320FL seems to be occuring on Android 6 only.

One more question: does your script need root to properly remove all apps? Some Galaxy Apps are still there and running in the background (Health, Galaxy Widget...) and also Facebook App Manager/Installer.

Also I would like to keep the Google speech keyboard (speech to text, the "microphone symbol" in the keyboard), after your script it is gone. Any idea what is the name of the package, so I can comment it out? Is it GoogleTTS?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

REMOVED STUFF:
    I realized that not all apps were deleted using the file, and that many even existed on my device, so through the shell I checked the applications on my device, copied the list, and deleted one by one through command.

Then I updated the file installation script, and now I make it available to anyone who wants to test.

I did not test, but the apps selected were the ones I removed via shell.
    Instructions to use........it's ok I just flash it. All looks good.
    Tried on Nougat Sm-A510F. Seems fine. Thanks
    On my A320fl with root access the script started and did nothing besides the text messages. It run for about 2sec then finished.

As I tried the commands step by step in a terminal window I noticed, that I don't have any rm command in my /sbin folder.
    Do I need special admin rights? Am I missing something? Sorry for asking but I'm new to linux/android...