[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][A320FL/F/Y] LineageOS 17.x [10.0][64 BIT][Treble]

Search This thread

MartinYTCZ

Apr 16, 2017
Duchcov
LineageOS 17.x Unofficial for Galaxy A3 2017

main-qimg-eae07393a6257f6f44f3a6f2a0be5cbb

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Quack), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void. Or not. Depends.
 * It's probably expired anyways :D
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.​

What's working?
  • Audio
  • Calls
  • Wifi
  • Hotspot
  • Mobile data
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • Fingerprint
  • Camera (both photos and video)
  • NFC
  • Sensors
  • Vibration
  • Others I have forgot

What isn't working?
  • Echo present in calls for the other side (no fix currently found)
  • Video recording with stock camera (fix known, will be implemented in next build)
  • Encryption and extended storage via SD (possible to fix, didn't have time to debug yet)
  • Stretched preview in camera, photos are fine (fix has more downsides than upsides)

Supported variants

Galaxy A3 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.
All variants should be working but only A320FL is well tested since all developers have it.

How to install
  1. Make sure you have latest bootloader and modem before installing this.
  2. Make sure you are using the latest OrangeFox build. (the older ones will fail)
  3. Make sure you have flashed the repartition script.
  4. Download the Lineage build, optionally GApps and Magisk.
  5. In OrangeFox format data. (Menu > Manage Partitions > Data > Format Data)
  6. In OrangeFox wipe everything except SD and OTG.
  7. Flash LineageOS.
  8. Optional: Flash GApps (rightafter).
  9. Optional: Flash Magisk.
  10. Reboot.

Generally it's ok to dirty flash, but if you encounter issues a clean flash should be the first thing on your mind.

Downloads

• ROM
get.mcfy.fr
Google Drive

• Recovery
OrangeFox

• GApps
OpenGApps (arm64): OpenGApps
BiTGApps (arm64): AFH

• Root
Magisk: GitHub

Credits
Huge thanks to:
  • @Astrako for all the hours spent on the device tree/kernel/vendor/hardware and making this possible.
  • @McFy for help along the way and letting me use his server as a mirror.
  • LineageOS Team
  • Anybody that reported bugs or helped test various stuff, without every one of you Android 10 would never get so stable here

XDA:DevDB Information
[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][A320FL/F/Y] LineageOS 17.x [10.0][64 BIT][Treble], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
MartinYTCZ
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest modem + BL recommended

Version Information

Created 2020-02-22
Last Updated 2020-08-26

Last edited:

MartinYTCZ

Apr 16, 2017
Duchcov
Telegram group
Join here! :)
Go also thank @Astrako for his work on the DT, kernel, ports, recoveries and many more :)

Changelogs
  • Initial build
  • March security patches
  • Many optimisations and smaller fixes
  • Rootdir updated from A6 2018 Q, along with some proprietary files
  • Graphics now r29, from A6 2018 Q
  • Way too much stuff to list here, thx @Astrako for the work :D
  • Fixed GPlay crashes
  • June security patch, and all other LineageOS source changes
  • SEPolicy Enforcing
  • Reworked shims
  • Now using new power HAL
  • Many smaller optimisations
  • July security patch and all other LineageOS source changes
  • Reworked overlays
  • ROM now passes SafetyNet out of the box
  • Defined location provider to *hopefully* fix location with MicroG
  • Updated OMX libs
  • Other smaller fixes and optimisations
- 20200825 20200830
  • August security patch and all other LineageOS source changes
  • Updated FP from coral's April patch to keep passing SafetyNet
  • Switched to proprietary audio HAL - fixed in-call echo
  • NOTE: Encryption is currently extremely broken and your device will not boot if you'll try and encrypt.
  • January security patch and all other LineageOS source changes

Last edited:

banciii

Jul 26, 2012
Budapest
Nice work, thanks!
Any guess what could cause the SM-320FL to hard reboot when I insert the microSD card, choose to extend the internal memory, then start to format? It rebooted at 20% of the formatting process, then reboots all the time when I give the PIN code after the bootup and it tries to read the microSD card (I guess). If I take out, no reboot of course.

Edit: any temp. workaround? Formatting in twrp or in another device? (For using it as an internal memory extender, not just as an external storage.)

Last edited:

MartinYTCZ

Apr 16, 2017
Duchcov
Nice work, thanks!
Any guess what could cause the SM-320FL to hard reboot when I insert the microSD card, choose to extend the internal memory, then start to format? It rebooted at 20% of the formatting process, then reboots all the time when I give the PIN code after the bootup and it tries to read the microSD card (I guess). If I take out, no reboot of course.

Edit: any temp. workaround? Formatting in twrp or in another device? (For using it as an internal memory extender, not just as an external storage.)

I'm dumb for not testing this, I gotta look at home :)

yann29

Feb 28, 2020
Hello. First nice work !! I used to have your Lineage 16 which worked fine and decided to upgrade to Lineage17. Yet I have some troubles with the camera with the error "unable to connect to the camera" and camera won't launch. When having this error I have spotted that there is a camera icon in the status bar and I can't get rid of it. Else no other problem detected. Thanks.

Reactions: Carb-CH and Tarimpa

MartinYTCZ

Apr 16, 2017
Duchcov
Hello. First nice work !! I used to have your Lineage 16 which worked fine and decided to upgrade to Lineage17. Yet I have some troubles with the camera with the error "unable to connect to the camera" and camera won't launch. When having this error I have spotted that there is a camera icon in the status bar and I can't get rid of it. Else no other problem detected. Thanks.

I am not the author of Lineage 16.0, I only use the same mirror
The maintainer of LineageOS 16.0 is @McFy.
If you have the problems with the camera, this sounds like an app using the camera when you try to use it and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Please check all your apps and report back.
Hope you like the ROM :)

yann29

Feb 28, 2020
Ok thanks. Another issue : I can't get split-screen working with any apps. And you?

yann29

Feb 28, 2020
Other issue : the echos in calls...but well-known issue on lineage. Hope you will find something...

Last edited:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
That is good we do have a separate thread of LOS17 now.
Is spoofing (for microG) already included? Not sure whether patcher works for LOS17 already. If one of you guys here get it working with microG - please rise a hand.

Is OrangeFox a must have or can I keep latest TWRP?

MartinYTCZ

Apr 16, 2017
Duchcov
That is good we do have a separate thread of LOS17 now.
Is spoofing (for microG) already included? Not sure whether patcher works for LOS17 already. If one of you guys here get it working with microG - please rise a hand.

Is OrangeFox a must have or can I keep latest TWRP?

From what other users told me spoofing doesn't work with MicroG.

You can either use the TWRP included in the repartition script or latest OrangeFox. Either way it must support /vendor or you'll get error 7 while flashing

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
From what other users told me spoofing doesn't work with MicroG.

You can either use the TWRP included in the repartition script or latest OrangeFox. Either way it must support /vendor or you'll get error 7 while flashing

I think you misunderstood this. The Rom is either spoofed (but obviously not, what a pity!) - or it has to be by external tools like Nanodroid Patcher. Otherwise microG will not work. But as I checked that some time ago, the Patcher couldn't handle Android Q. That's why I am asking. So best option (and less effort) would be if ROM is spoofed already.

Vendor I have already with my Treble+GSI LOS 16 Rom.

MartinYTCZ

Apr 16, 2017
Duchcov
I think you misunderstood this. The Rom is either spoofed (but obviously not, what a pity!) - or it has to be by external tools like Nanodroid Patcher. Otherwise microG will not work. But as I checked that some time ago, the Patcher couldn't handle Android Q. That's why I am asking. So best option (and less effort) would be if ROM is spoofed already.

Vendor I have already with my Treble+GSI LOS 16 Rom.

Yup, ROM is not spoofed out of the box, so your only hope is nanodroid patcher, which doesn't seem to work in Q :/
Also if you've already got Treble, you can flash this with the TWRP you are currently using :)

pascalr0410

Mar 10, 2020
Hello, thanks for your great job.

I have two points :

- When using your ROM, after UI start, I have the message system_error_manufacturer (msgid="8086872414744210668") popup. I googled and chek the code isBuildConsistent. On my phone, the two checked strings seem ok. So I dont uderstand why I have this message.

- I try to build myself with the gitlab manifest readme. My first atemp was ok but I also have the system_error_manufacturer error message. Some days latter, I try to patch the function with a big /* */ to avoid the check and always return true. I sync the lineage code and patch the isConsistent() function, rebuild and flash my rom. My phone keep on the bootimg anim and never start. On the /proc/last_krnl, nothing else than some SElinux warning. I try with androidboot.selinux=permissive on kernel command line but same result. I delete all my lineage root and resync all from scratch but the build did not boot anymore. Please, could-you check if your build boot with the last comit of lineage 17.1 and android_samsung_universal7870 ?

Thanks by advance.
Pascal.

Aang23

May 3, 2019

I have two points :

- When using your ROM, after UI start, I have the message system_error_manufacturer (msgid="8086872414744210668") popup. I googled and chek the code isBuildConsistent. On my phone, the two checked strings seem ok. So I dont uderstand why I have this message.

- I try to build myself with the gitlab manifest readme. My first atemp was ok but I also have the system_error_manufacturer error message. Some days latter, I try to patch the function with a big /* */ to avoid the check and always return true. I sync the lineage code and patch the isConsistent() function, rebuild and flash my rom. My phone keep on the bootimg anim and never start. On the /proc/last_krnl, nothing else than some SElinux warning. I try with androidboot.selinux=permissive on kernel command line but same result. I delete all my lineage root and resync all from scratch but the build did not boot anymore. Please, could-you check if your build boot with the last comit of lineage 17.1 and android_samsung_universal7870 ?

Thanks by advance.
Pascal.

I am building myself and running the latest at this time (using the crdroid device tree) and everything is running perfectly for me! (even with a few patches of my own like enabling dark mode in defaults app and a few command-line programs like rtl-sdr, no gapps (f-droid only)). Added screenshots to prove it indeed boots.

Screenshot-20200312-103816-Settings.png

Screenshot-20200312-103812-Settings.png

If I'm not mistaken this ROM uses the android_samsung_universal7870 device tree as it is on Gitlab?
Then the only few bugs I can talk about are the USB settings unable to be changed live while that worked on the outdated device tree from Github (screenshot can be provided), and the Camera, but I know that's already WIP.
(Sure there's echo in calls but... No one was successful at fixing this and even the crappiest patches I tried myself didn't work)

Thanks to all those who works on this device tree.

Last edited:

pascalr0410

Mar 10, 2020
The provided Rom of the dedicated XDA thread run fine on my device but when building myself, I have the same problem : traped on bootanim.

Strange, I supose it's my buid env, my laptop is on Debian 10 and I did not make any mod on the standard base.

I will try with a VM and Ubuntu LTS as sugested by AOSP Project.

yeye.phone

Aug 22, 2012
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hello,
Problems are solved ?
  1. Echo present in calls for the other side (investigating)
  2. Video recording with stock camera (fix known, will be implemented in next build)
  3. Encryption and extended storage via SD (investigating)
  4. Stretched preview in camera, photos are fine (probably unfixable)

And stay at home.
Best regards

MartinYTCZ

Apr 16, 2017
Duchcov

I have two points :

Thanks by advance.
Pascal.

I have pushed some changes to GitLab yesterday which fix this problem. You should be able to boot a new build just fine now :highfive:

Reactions: pascalr0410

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.x Unofficial for Galaxy A3 2017

main-qimg-eae07393a6257f6f44f3a6f2a0be5cbb

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Quack), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void. Or not. Depends.
     * It's probably expired anyways :D
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.​

What's working?
    • Audio
    • Calls
    • Wifi
    • Hotspot
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint
    • Camera (both photos and video)
    • NFC
    • Sensors
    • Vibration
    • Others I have forgot

What isn't working?
    • Echo present in calls for the other side (no fix currently found)
    • Video recording with stock camera (fix known, will be implemented in next build)
    • Encryption and extended storage via SD (possible to fix, didn't have time to debug yet)
    • Stretched preview in camera, photos are fine (fix has more downsides than upsides)

Supported variants

Galaxy A3 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.
    All variants should be working but only A320FL is well tested since all developers have it.

How to install
    1. Make sure you have latest bootloader and modem before installing this.
    2. Make sure you are using the latest OrangeFox build. (the older ones will fail)
    3. Make sure you have flashed the repartition script.
    4. Download the Lineage build, optionally GApps and Magisk.
    5. In OrangeFox format data. (Menu > Manage Partitions > Data > Format Data)
    6. In OrangeFox wipe everything except SD and OTG.
    7. Flash LineageOS.
    8. Optional: Flash GApps (rightafter).
    9. Optional: Flash Magisk.
    10. Reboot.

Generally it's ok to dirty flash, but if you encounter issues a clean flash should be the first thing on your mind.

Downloads

• ROM
    get.mcfy.fr
    Google Drive

• Recovery
    OrangeFox

• GApps
    OpenGApps (arm64): OpenGApps
    BiTGApps (arm64): AFH

• Root
    Magisk: GitHub

Credits
    Huge thanks to:
    • @Astrako for all the hours spent on the device tree/kernel/vendor/hardware and making this possible.
    • @McFy for help along the way and letting me use his server as a mirror.
    • LineageOS Team
    • Anybody that reported bugs or helped test various stuff, without every one of you Android 10 would never get so stable here

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][A320FL/F/Y] LineageOS 17.x [10.0][64 BIT][Treble], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
    MartinYTCZ
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest modem + BL recommended

Version Information

Created 2020-02-22
    Last Updated 2020-08-26
    Telegram group
    Join here! :)
    Go also thank @Astrako for his work on the DT, kernel, ports, recoveries and many more :)

Changelogs
    • Initial build
    • March security patches
    • Many optimisations and smaller fixes
    • Rootdir updated from A6 2018 Q, along with some proprietary files
    • Graphics now r29, from A6 2018 Q
    • Way too much stuff to list here, thx @Astrako for the work :D
    • Fixed GPlay crashes
    • June security patch, and all other LineageOS source changes
    • SEPolicy Enforcing
    • Reworked shims
    • Now using new power HAL
    • Many smaller optimisations
    • July security patch and all other LineageOS source changes
    • Reworked overlays
    • ROM now passes SafetyNet out of the box
    • Defined location provider to *hopefully* fix location with MicroG
    • Updated OMX libs
    - 20200825 20200830
    • August security patch and all other LineageOS source changes
    • Updated FP from coral's April patch to keep passing SafetyNet
    • Switched to proprietary audio HAL - fixed in-call echo
    • NOTE: Encryption is currently extremely broken and your device will not boot if you'll try and encrypt.
    • January security patch and all other LineageOS source changes
    New build is coming tommorow with echo in calls fixed and various other things!
    (huge props to @Astrako as always)
    No, sorry :(. Waiting for that too.
    I am wondering why echos are not present in VoIP calls (like WA or Telegram). Do that use different drivers/layers?
    Also, from the reports of a Galaxy Tab A (2016) it seems @Valera1978 could solve that.

The problem is that we are using the Open source Audio HAL, which doesn't support Samsung's proprietary noise reduction. Once there is a viable proprietary alternative, it will be implemented

EDIT: I am trying to implement the proprietary HAL used in gtaxlwifi, *hopefully* should work
    All these bugs with gapps will be fixed in next update.