7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By sikayaindo, Junior Member on 7th August 2017, 01:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th January 2018, 10:18 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi,
I am on the latest Russia Firmware A520FXXU3BQLA. I want to go another Firmware because of CSC. But, I don't know which combination file to use. Can someone help me?
19th January 2018, 03:37 PM |#22  
Flag Focsani
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
fallow the tutorial on first post
9th October 2018, 08:49 PM |#23  
Turin
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hello guys!
I have a problem, i need to change from CSC PHE(No Brand Spain) to ITV(No Brand Italy), android version 8.0.0, last OTA update.

When flashing official PDA: A520FXXU7CRHA CSC: A520FOXA7CRH9 from sammobile, flash is ok device is still original but OXA(Multi european CSC) is default BTU(UK) and i can't change with secret code (do nothing).
I've followed the procedure found at link on sammobile but don't work, flashing combination file i get an error: "SW REV CHECK FAIL device: 7 binary:2".
I think problem is on android version, combination file is probably 7 or 6, i have 8.
I found a trick to unpack and repack .tar but is for another cause (downgrade)
I digged in google to find a combination file at the same version of last official firmware, but no successā€¦
Someone can help me?
Device is still under warranty, i don't want to trip Knox...for now...
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks!
10th December 2018, 12:36 PM |#24  
Turin
Thanks Meter: 10

More
SOLVED
[WARNING, THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE IS RISKY AND I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY AND NOT PROVIDE ASSISTANCE IN CASE OF BRICK, RECOMMEND A DATA BACKUP, THE FACTORY RESET DELETES EVERYTHING IN INTERNAL MEMORY AS WELL AS BECOME NECESSARY A FULL WIPE, IT'S ONLY INFORMATION FOR ENTHUSIASTS WHO WANT TO DO THE FOLLOWING AT OWN RISK.]

Guys I finally solved, after an exhausting research I found the ultimate solution to the CSC change, this procedure does not affect Knox and does not require ROOT:

1-Download from Sammobile the correct firmware (for Italian select ITV/OXA) to this Link
2-Download the correct COMBINATION ROM (ensure that the revision is correct, check the number, for example A520FXXU7ARJ for firmware A520FXXU7CRJG to this Link
3-Download the latest version of Odin Here
4-Unzip the original firmware, you will have 5 files.
5-Start device in Odin Mode (home button, volume down and power), confirm.
5-Flash with Odin the COMBINATION ROM (AP), and the file that starts with HOME_CSC ... ... ... (CSC), be careful not to use CSC ... leave the rest, the device will reboot but it may give you trouble (in my case was security password, and no keyboard available for write in box), in this case, don't worry and switch the device off, go to step 6.
6-Perform a full wipe in recovery (home button volume up and power) and restart.
7-If everything went well we will see the factory loading, a menu appears with some information and functions, we need select IMEI (Factory IMEI)
8-Asks for a code, type * #243203855 *
9-In menu appears the CSC's available , in my case i select ITV and tap Install.
10-Once the installation is complete, turn off your device and start it in Odin Mode (as in step 5)
11-Flash the original firmware 4 files BL, AP (in this case make sure that is firmware file), CP, and HOME_CSC.
12-Reboot to proceed with first Setup.
13-Enjoy the device correctly configured with another CSC.

The hardest thing was finding the correct COMBINATION ROM (without ending up in sites where they ask for money), if the revision is not correct, flashing device will get CHECK FAIL error SW REV device: X binary: Y, where X is the revision that is currently installed (Samsung doesn't allow downgrade) and Y is the revision of the ROM you are trying to install.

I confirm that this procedure don't trip Knox 100% and all Samsung features are working correctly, unlike advised by Samsung service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zanfly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zanfly Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)