FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OEM unlock not showing even after 7 days!

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By MitchiePitchie, Member on 1st May 2019, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, last week i wanna flash a custom rom on my SM-a520f/DS but my OEM unlock was missing,I thought i just had to wait for 7 days but it won't show even after 7 days
Now i flashed official stock rom and will try to wait again for 7 days, but if this doesn't work then imma bout to lose my mind.
What can i do if it doesnt oem unlock doesnt p
Appear even if you reflashed stock romm

2nd May 2019, 10:02 PM |#2  
Flag Bacău
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchiePitchie

Hey guys, last week i wanna flash a custom rom on my SM-a520f/DS but my OEM unlock was missing,I thought i just had to wait for 7 days but it won't show even after 7 days
Now i flashed official stock rom and will try to wait again for 7 days, but if this doesn't work then imma bout to lose my mind.
What can i do if it doesnt oem unlock doesnt p
Appear even if you reflashed stock romm

Maybe a factory reset would help, I dunno...
4th May 2019, 03:40 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGuyOnTechIT

Maybe a factory reset would help, I dunno...

Just reflashed stock rom and waiting 7 days. I'll update if it works
5th May 2019, 12:27 PM |#4  
Flag Bacău

More
Quote:

Just reflashed stock rom and waiting 7 days. I'll update if it works

Well this SHOULD fix the issue. If not, then I suspect the phone's internal clock is messed and needs complicated repair, but this a very very very VERY rare occasion, and I doubt you don't have this issue.
My phone just flashed a ok TWRP, but after I accidentally restarted, the phone didn't put me in OEM jail. Talk about lucky!
Just wait 7 days, activate developer options, click unlock oem, flash twrp via odin and after that is done IMMEDIATELY hold power and plus so it doesn't get you back to oem jail. After you are in TWRP, try not to turn it off to keep the recovery, and either install a zip that removes the 7 day jail or a cudtom rom. If you don't have a microsd to transfer from your pc to your phone, just use adb sideload. If you have any questions, just reply!
The Following User Says Thank You to TechGuyOnTechIT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechGuyOnTechIT Ad-Free
6th May 2019, 09:25 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Well this SHOULD fix the issue. If not, then I suspect the phone's internal clock is messed and needs complicated repair, but this a very very very VERY rare occasion, and I doubt you don't have this issue.
My phone just flashed a ok TWRP, but after I accidentally restarted, the phone didn't put me in OEM jail. Talk about lucky!
Just wait 7 days, activate developer options, click unlock oem, flash twrp via odin and after that is done IMMEDIATELY hold power and plus so it doesn't get you back to oem jail. After you are in TWRP, try not to turn it off to keep the recovery, and either install a zip that removes the 7 day jail or a cudtom rom. If you don't have a microsd to transfer from your pc to your phone, just use adb sideload. If you have any questions, just reply!

WAIT, so you need to wait 7 days before activating developer's option? Does that put you in prenormal rmm state? Because i already activated my developer's option, If thats the case then i already messed up
7th May 2019, 06:05 AM |#6  
Flag Bacău

More
Quote:

WAIT, so you need to wait 7 days before activating developer's option? Does that put you in prenormal rmm state? Because i already activated my developer's option, If thats the case then i already messed up

No, you haven't messed up! The 7 day jail doens't block you access to developer options, but doesn't let you enable OEM unlock. I was suggesting you should do this just to make sure you are not in the 7 day jail. Again, if you can check that option, then there is not a problem. Just try to have your jail patcher zip handy so you won't have to deal with this problem. Again, if you have any questions, just reply!
8th May 2019, 09:33 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

No, you haven't messed up! The 7 day jail doens't block you access to developer options, but doesn't let you enable OEM unlock. I was suggesting you should do this just to make sure you are not in the 7 day jail. Again, if you can check that option, then there is not a problem. Just try to have your jail patcher zip handy so you won't have to deal with this problem. Again, if you have any questions, just reply!

Okay, the OEM unlock didn't showed up and my rmm state is still prenormal after 7 days even in flashing stock. I might retry this again in another rom carrier. I'm really at the end of my rope here
8th May 2019, 11:04 AM |#8  
Flag Bacău

More
Quote:

Okay, the OEM unlock didn't showed up and my rmm state is still prenormal after 7 days even in flashing stock. I might retry this again in another rom carrier. I'm really at the end of my rope here

Don't give up! Try to go to download mode, flash a complete Samsung rom (with bootloader, modem, recovery and rom). I guess you can find a stock samsung rom on google or via smart switch. Download mode only blocks installing THIRD PARTY ROMS, not the stock ones. Try that and give a reply.
8th May 2019, 05:46 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Don't give up! Try to go to download mode, flash a complete Samsung rom (with bootloader, modem, recovery and rom). I guess you can find a stock samsung rom on google or via smart switch. Download mode only blocks installing THIRD PARTY ROMS, not the stock ones. Try that and give a reply.

I'll try to flash the rom again and wait 7 days, I'll boot ip without sim and sd card first
9th May 2019, 03:09 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Man I already flashed stock rom and waited 7 days, I ain't doing that stuff again I'll just sell this phone if I don't find any other way.
9th May 2019, 03:56 PM |#11  
Flag Bacău

More
Quote:

Man I already flashed stock rom and waited 7 days, I ain't doing that stuff again I'll just sell this phone if I don't find any other way.

Seriously? Are you SURE you don't see OEM unlock in developer options, because any Samsung device SHOULD have the 7 day lift period. If you confirm that you don't see it, the only thing left to do is to contact a samsung expert. Don't feel embarrassed that you ask samsung for a third party thing, they must help you even though that may result in voiding your warranty.
Honestly, this is a pretty uncommon issue :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)