FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OEM unlock not showing even after 7 days!

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By MitchiePitchie, Member on 1st May 2019, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th May 2019, 03:56 PM |#11  
Flag Bacău
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchiePitchie

Man I already flashed stock rom and waited 7 days, I ain't doing that stuff again I'll just sell this phone if I don't find any other way.

Seriously? Are you SURE you don't see OEM unlock in developer options, because any Samsung device SHOULD have the 7 day lift period. If you confirm that you don't see it, the only thing left to do is to contact a samsung expert. Don't feel embarrassed that you ask samsung for a third party thing, they must help you even though that may result in voiding your warranty.
Honestly, this is a pretty uncommon issue :/

9th May 2019, 07:42 PM |#12  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGuyOnTechIT

Seriously? Are you SURE you don't see OEM unlock in developer options, because any Samsung device SHOULD have the 7 day lift period. If you confirm that you don't see it, the only thing left to do is to contact a samsung expert. Don't feel embarrassed that you ask samsung for a third party thing, they must help you even though that may result in voiding your warranty.
Honestly, this is a pretty uncommon issue :/

I'll try reflashing a carrier rom (Globe) not a XTC (openline) rom and if this doesn't work then i dont know what will
10th May 2019, 05:19 AM |#13  
Flag Bacău

More
Quote:

I'll try reflashing a carrier rom (Globe) not a XTC (openline) rom and if this doesn't work then i dont know what will

Samsung support centre could also help.
10th May 2019, 11:19 PM |#14  
Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Seriously? Are you SURE you don't see OEM unlock in developer options...Honestly, this is a pretty uncommon issue :/

I have the same issue. Started with Android 7, rooted phone, flashed Hades ROM v6 ( Android 8) which is fine, but I no longer see OEM Unlock in Developer options (presumably I did before installing Hades). Have tried the date fudge:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sam...-oreo-t3791774

more than once. No joy. Hades is fine, but I'd like to try the OneUI Android 9 ROM...
11th May 2019, 01:49 AM |#15  
Flag Spirit River
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbynista

I have the same issue. Started with Android 7, rooted phone, flashed Hades ROM v6 ( Android 8) which is fine, but I no longer see OEM Unlock in Developer options (presumably I did before installing Hades). Have tried the date fudge:

more than once. No joy. Hades is fine, but I'd like to try the OneUI Android 9 ROM...

If you are still on hades, the dev removed the OEM unlock toggle to prevent noobs from disabling it which would bootloop your phone and twrp would also not boot. Most if not all custom roms remove it. So you can flash Oneui
The Following User Says Thank You to SnowFuhrer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SnowFuhrer Ad-Free
11th May 2019, 05:51 AM |#16  
Flag Bacău

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbynista

When you are on cfw, as the guy said, there is no need. The rom is third party, meaning it's not official, thus it remains unlocked. But if you are on stock rom, then the oem unlock will be shown.
The Following User Says Thank You to TechGuyOnTechIT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechGuyOnTechIT Ad-Free
11th May 2019, 11:32 AM |#17  
Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveoreos

If you are still on hades, the dev removed the OEM unlock toggle to prevent noobs from disabling it which would bootloop your phone and twrp would also not boot. Most if not all custom roms remove it. So you can flash Oneui

Quote:

When you are on cfw, as the guy said, there is no need. The rom is third party, meaning it's not official, thus it remains unlocked. But if you are on stock rom, then the oem unlock will be shown.

I wondered if this was the case. Thanks to you both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corbynista For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Corbynista Ad-Free
13th May 2019, 01:43 PM |#18  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Samsung support centre could also help.

that ain't an option for me since they dont really respond. You know any other option if it doesn't even show this week too?
i reflashed stock rom like 5 times now
13th May 2019, 03:29 PM |#19  
Flag Spirit River

More
Quote:

that ain't an option for me since they dont really respond. You know any other option if it doesn't even show this week too?
i reflashed stock rom like 5 times now

Punch your phone, return it, and get another one.
13th May 2019, 03:37 PM |#20  
Flag Bacău

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowFuhrer

Punch your phone, return it, and get another one.

Nooooo! Don't do that! That would be a waste! Maybe its a bug. Try to flash twrp even though it doesn't show you kem unlock, and if that still doesn't work, give up trying systemless rooting and go full supersu by doing a one-click root (kingroot, etc). Maybe that helps. If it still not working, then I will finally recommend bailing and just getting another one . Sorry...
13th May 2019, 03:52 PM |#21  
Flag Spirit River

More
Quote:

Nooooo! Don't do that! That would be a waste! Maybe its a bug. Try to flash twrp even though it doesn't show you kem unlock, and if that still doesn't work, give up trying systemless rooting and go full supersu by doing a one-click root (kingroot, etc). Maybe that helps. If it still not working, then I will finally recommend bailing and just getting another one . Sorry...

One click root will not work btw. Only way to root is through Odin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)