FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Problem after trying to flash stock room 'kernel rev check failed'

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By carlosmedia, Junior Member on 12th May 2019, 12:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, following this guide i tried to root my samsung galaxy a5 2017. Everything was okay, i flashed the custom recovery and tried to install magisk through twrp as said there but... the dreaded 'only official release binaries are allowed to be flashed' red message in black background popped up in my screen. Now i can only boot into download mode, and install official binaries.

So I'm trying to do now, i downloaded the last carrierless spanish sotck room for my mobille. Well, it turns out that it gives an error 'kernel rev check failed. Mobile:9 Binaries:8' aaand i don't know what to do now?

Also, I didn't know Samsung had come to a new way of blocking custom binaries in 8.0.0, so, is there any way to circumvent this? I found this page but I don't really know if that's what I'm looking for

12th May 2019, 05:18 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosmedia

So, following this guide i tried to root my samsung galaxy a5 2017. Everything was okay, i flashed the custom recovery and tried to install magisk through twrp as said there but... the dreaded 'only official release binaries are allowed to be flashed' red message in black background popped up in my screen. Now i can only boot into download mode, and install official binaries.

So I'm trying to do now, i downloaded the last carrierless spanish sotck room for my mobille. Well, it turns out that it gives an error 'kernel rev check failed. Mobile:9 Binaries:8' aaand i don't know what to do now?

Also, I didn't know Samsung had come to a new way of blocking custom binaries in 8.0.0, so, is there any way to circumvent this? I found this page but I don't really know if that's what I'm looking for

Apparently I was NOT using the last firmware available, even though i checked it like 4 times, that was the problem. It is fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)