FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Transfer-to-PC Painstakingly SLOW.......

171 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By craige, Senior Member on 21st April 2019, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Whenever I connect my Phone to my pc via supplied original Cable to transfer photos to my pc.... it takes loads of time to load. The thumbnails takes ages to load. (Both, Pics in Internal Memory OR on my Superfast Microsd)
BUT, if I use say Card reader everything is extremely fast and normal.

Same thing with my other Samsung phone. So want to ask why this happens and how it can dealt with?

Also, Your phones exhibit same problems ?

NOTE: Want to buy Samsung A80 tht doesn't have MicroSd and scared that while transferring to PC it will take hours to even load on screen.

21st April 2019, 08:11 PM |#2  
Flag Spirit River
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craige

Whenever I connect my Phone to my pc via supplied original Cable to transfer photos to my pc.... it takes loads of time to load. The thumbnails takes ages to load. (Both, Pics in Internal Memory OR on my Superfast Microsd)

Same thing with my other Samsung phone. So want to ask why this happens and how it can dealt with?

NOTE: Want to buy Samsung A80 tht doesn't have MicroSd and scared that while transferring to PC it will take hours to even load on screen.

Haven't noticed anything abnormal on my Samsung a5. Are you sure your phone isn't an lg????
22nd April 2019, 06:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveoreos

Haven't noticed anything abnormal on my Samsung a5. Are you sure your phone isn't an lg????

Wiped off my glasses, installed a pair of brand new eye and I can confirm !! Its not LG but ol' pal Sammy
The Following User Says Thank You to craige For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift craige Ad-Free
22nd April 2019, 07:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

Isn't the greatest solution, but if you take the photos on your phone and split them into smaller folders (like less than 200 photos) before you transfer them, they should go quicker. I have this issue when im transferring stuff in and out of folders that have a ton of files in then. It seems like it had to reload the folder information after every single picture transfers so it makes it super slow when transferring in bulk
The Following User Says Thank You to SGT Presticle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SGT Presticle Ad-Free
23rd April 2019, 02:19 AM |#5  
Flag Spirit River

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Presticle

Isn't the greatest solution, but if you take the photos on your phone and split them into smaller folders (like less than 200 photos) before you transfer them, they should go quicker. I have this issue when im transferring stuff in and out of folders that have a ton of files in then. It seems like it had to reload the folder information after every single picture transfers so it makes it super slow when transferring in bulk

I seem to remember one time when using my phone as a sd card reader, and copied it to the PC, it mbps of transfer speed went way down and even failed a few times, but I just attributed it to something wrong with the PC. When I have moved large files like roms, it seems to go pretty normal. Phones should support USB 3.0.
23rd April 2019, 06:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Well it seems all people are facing similar problems from ages !
I would not buy upcoming Samsung A80 then, coz I really don't want to deal with 5-15 minutes Load time whenever I wana move stuff from my Phone-to-PC.

Will switch to A70 as it has Microsd card slot and there it loads in few seconds for me always.

PS: As above poster, yes it fails to load and hangs too many times in my case. (Win 10 Pro)
24th April 2019, 03:07 AM |#7  
Flag Spirit River

More
Quote:

Well it seems all people are facing similar problems from ages !
I would not buy upcoming Samsung A80 then, coz I really don't want to deal with 5-15 minutes Load time whenever I wana move stuff from my Phone-to-PC.

Will switch to A70 as it has Microsd card slot and there it loads in few seconds for me always.

PS: As above poster, yes it fails to load and hangs too many times in my case. (Win 10 Pro)

Why would Samsung not put an sd card slot on the a80? Seriously, I thought they had learnt their lesson with the note 5.
29th April 2019, 07:37 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Samsung have gone crazy hence they aint providing sd card slots on phones! on top of it, I am no longer buying A70 too coz its camera performance is worse than my current phone !
29th April 2019, 11:47 PM |#9  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Maybe give the airdroid app a try.
You just need to install airdroid on your phone.
Start it up.
On the PC point your web browser to the address that airdroid shows you.
Press the allow button on your phone - this allows your PC access to your phone.

You can them upload/download content to/from your phone PC.
Of course your phone and PC need to be using the same network.
1st May 2019, 10:04 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjg63

Maybe give the airdroid app a try.

Nice will try it later on… BUT, this basic functionality of transfer at ease should be provided by manufacturer by default. its 2019 and still Lags/hangs/Slow just to transfer stuff ?

Dunno about other manufacturers coz never used anything but Samsung yet. So, how's the situation with other phones ?
4th May 2019, 10:35 PM |#11  
Flag Spirit River

More
Quote:

Nice will try it later on… BUT, this basic functionality of transfer at ease should be provided by manufacturer by default. its 2019 and still Lags/hangs/Slow just to transfer stuff ?

Dunno about other manufacturers coz never used anything but Samsung yet. So, how's the situation with other phones ?

All my phones seem the same except one lg.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)