FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][17.06.2019] RMM/KG bypass - Root/Install TWRP on Exynos Samsung after 2018

1,834 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,083

By corsicanu, Recognized Developer on 10th February 2018, 02:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2019, 08:17 PM |#471  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi.
i have an g950fd on 8.0
with this new firmware... 8.0 G950FXXU4CRKB
when i install "twrp", "RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa" , "magisk 18" and samsung-antiroot-removal-2.4
then it boot ok. BUT, when reboot.. BAM!
soft brick with the message "only official released binaries are allowed", even twrp i cant access...
ive gotten on download and flashed the firmware again and its on; but i really want my root....

so my rmm didnt worked.. how can i bypass this?!?!
anyone has a new rmm? please!!
b4 k3 s3

what i think is that i get oem unlock --> twrp-3.2.3-2-dreamlte --> rmm + magisk + samsung-antiroot-removal-2.4
and at some point the firmware reblock oem
what can i do? thanks!
12th February 2019, 11:08 PM |#472  
Flag Matamoros
Thanks Meter: 780

Donate to Me
More
Just to leave it on record.
I did a small experiment.
Tested stock firmware from another country (Chile) using my SIM (Mexico) and in my country (Mexico)
Asked me to reboot to apply new stuff but I never accepted.
Went the 168 hours normally and still received OEM unlock correctly.

So yes, it is possible to get OEM unlock and get rid of your rmm staterenormal without your stock country firmware
19th February 2019, 11:47 AM |#473  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, I just come to leave my testimony, following the tuturial literally works without any problem, I have a Samgung Galaxy A7 with Android 8.0 and Security patch of December 2018. I could do bypass and also root my device, just a detail in case it happens to someone else when rooting (at least in my case) does not install the Magisk application so you have to Urgate in the zip and manually install the apk after finishing the tutorial.

Many thanks to the creators of the tutorial and the patches contained in it. Greetings.
23rd February 2019, 12:06 AM |#474  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag București
Thanks Meter: 10,083

Donate to Me
More
As gathering some more feedback from users i will give an update to this thread hoping that i cover at least some of the problems that occured since the last update.

1. Some users noticed me they can't make OEM toggle show even after waiting those 168h, for me last time i got locked on purpose i managed to make it show after 3 days (72h) without doing anything specific. For the moment my advice will be to flash oldest firmware available for your device that has same bootloader and modem revision as your current, and try again with date trick or with waiting 168h.
You can find out what bl/modem rev you have by checking the current build number of your current rom. Let's take A520FXXU7CRL8 - in this build number 7 is the revision, leave other numbers and letters for some other time. To be able to flash older firmware it must be same revision, or odin will fail. Search on the firmware related websites for older fw of your phone/region that has that same revision. So for the device mentioned before A520FXXU7CRHA is the oldest fw that can be flashed.

2. Pie is out. Funny that, but it also has new locks, new things, all still new to everyone, fixes not working yet and so on. Few people including me got locked on Pie and we found some workarounds to it to prevent data loss.
First of all, old patch doesn't help anymore so flashing it will be pointless. The RMM v2 is called KG too (KnoxGuard) which also comes attached with the apk that throws you in "payment lock" if you delete it. You can see it in download mode as "KG state = prenormal" if you have the lock. Do note "KG state = checking" is harmless (phone is unlocked), that's how it is on most of the devices.
My personal advice for this is to reflash Oreo bootloader and modem (which i did), ofc following the rules posted at 1), bootloader and modem being same revision as your current. Flashing oreo bootloader and modem will force the phone from RMM v2 to RMM v1, and since pie doesn`t have anymore files of RMM v1 inside, will simply get unlocked (for the moment). Now, this is not a permanent solution because things may change in pie and require updating of bootloader and modem.
My friend @_alexndr details here an alternative way, as the oreo method, which concludes in flashing full pie firmware and wait to get unlocked by itself, either flash oreo, get ota update to pie and wait to get unlocked by itself.
The real issue of this is that we couldn't find yet the secrets behind the new locks so, without a flashable patch to disable further locks, it can come in any custom roms, stock roms rooted etc.
Stay safe!
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2019, 12:38 AM |#475  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 245

More
@corsicanu

Thank you very much for this updated information. Looking forward to any new developments. I've heard mention of the kgstate but have not come across this issue myself yet on any of my phone's.
Again thanks for the update.
The Following User Says Thank You to spawnlives For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spawnlives Ad-Free
25th February 2019, 12:51 PM |#476  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So did I understand you right, I now can root my S8+ with the new Android (9)?
All I need to do is to follow your first post (page 1)?
Thanks in advance!
25th February 2019, 05:58 PM |#478  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivefa

So did I understand you right, I now can root my S8+ with the new Android (9)?
All I need to do is to follow your first post (page 1)?
Thanks in advance!

Did it work in your S8+?
27th February 2019, 09:21 AM |#479  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 18

More
J5 2017

Just updated yesterday officially(through software update on the phone) to 8.1.0.
Previously I wasn't rooted.

I would like to have root now.
Question is, is there a problem if I don't wipe data? I don't want to flash a custom ROM yet, I just want to use the official 8.1.0 but with root access.
So I'm thinking it may be possible to still keep my apps, settings, etc.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsicanu

Considering you already unlocked (waited those 7 days) and you have TWRP installed, follow the next steps carefully:

1. Download root zip and no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 (download links are in #2 post) and drop the zips into external sdcard
  2. Boot into TWRP and swipe "Allow modifications"
  3. Go into Wipe menu and select "Format data" - note that this will erase all your data including internal storage
  4. Reboot recovery, swipe to "Allow modification" and flash RMM-State_Bypass.zip
  5. Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 zip downloaded at step #1 to disable data partition encryption
  6. Flash root zip downloaded at step #1
  7. Reboot the phone into system
  8. After booting up in setting wizard make sure to uncheck diagnostic data
If any of above steps fail, redo from step 1, more carefully this time.

27th February 2019, 11:52 AM |#480  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nundoo

J5 2017

Just updated yesterday officially(through software update on the phone) to 8.1.0.
Previously I wasn't rooted.

I would like to have root now.
Question is, is there a problem if I don't wipe data? I don't want to flash a custom ROM yet, I just want to use the official 8.1.0 but with root access.
So I'm thinking it may be possible to still keep my apps, settings, etc.
Thanks!

This guide is not about flashing custom roms.
Installing TWRP/root does not change your firmware you will still be on your.stock Oreo 8.1

Also note that installing TWRP/root on your phone will trip your Knox so no more ota,secure folder,sheath, Samsung pay and Knox related apps/services.

TRWP cannot do much with encrypted data so it necessary to Format the data partition.

In general before doing anything you should always do a backup of your apps/data first.
27th February 2019, 06:36 PM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas96

Did it work in your S8+?

Yes, it did. Now it's rooted with Android 9.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kivefa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kivefa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)