Full-screen glass screen protector

Search This thread

AmoledIsBetter

May 23, 2013
I bought one of those "hardened glass" screen protectors from ebay, but it doesn't cover the whole screen. There's a about 2-3 mm gap from the protector to the edge of the screen.

Anyone found and successfully applied a screen protector that covers the whole screen? Not necessarily (but preferably) "glass", I just want one that covers the whole screen.

MoshPuiu

Jul 29, 2009
Calarasi
Yes, I have screen glass that lays near the metal edge and have a 0.5 mm gap around 'home' button and speaker. It is a Chinese/noname one and it was mounted on a service center.

MoshPuiu

Jul 29, 2009
Calarasi

Attachments

• IMG_20160611_213443.jpg
    IMG_20160611_213443.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 3,020

Rindmann

Dec 3, 2014
Dortmund
I don't know if it's allowed to post links, but after a ery long research, I found this one and it's the best I ever had.

Just search this on ebay: PROTECTOR DE CRISTAL TEMPLADO FRONTAL COMPLETO 3D SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 2016 +FUNDA

Very good full screen protection, nothing bad about it, good price and fast delivery (from Spain to Germany at least :p ).

giober98

Mar 28, 2012
Trento
has anyone tried the spigen one? I am really tempted to buy it but I was wondering how it actually was

naith_kk

Oct 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
For my A7 2016, I came across a China brand: Nillkin. The tempered glass is called the Amazing H for 0.3mm thickness and Amazing H+ Pro 0.2mm thickness. Manufacturer site stated the glass is 68mm in width (which is the flat surface before it curves on the sides). I just ordered the Amazing H+ Pro considering the other sellers sell tempered glass that are shorter width than what Nillkin offers... might post pictures after obtaining and installing it.

13 June 2017 Edit: A little late editing my post due to Internet issues. Also unable to post images onto the post due to forum restrictions so quoted links to image will have to do.

Installed product. Halo effect on all edges of the screen. Does not affect visibility during phone operation.
i65.tinypic.com/2yun3mh.jpg

Close inspection of top section of the screen.
i65.tinypic.com/b67wah.jpg

Close inspection of bottom section of the screen.
i66.tinypic.com/2hs5hck.jpg

Tempered glass width is approximately 1mm less of the phone's display width. All other screen protectors I've bought make this less to avoid the halo effect. If installed properly - the halo effect does not hinder visual display during phone use.
i64.tinypic.com/2gvseb7.jpg

Pros: Nillkin is one of the brands that have their tempered glass width fit almost close to the phone's display area. Includes a plastic screen protector for the back camera lens and back glass panel as part of the package. Also includes an anti-static strip that you apply on the phone screen before finalizing the tempered glass installation to minimize lint/dust accumulation.
Cons: Proper installation can be quite frustrating as there is little margin for error (particularly on the width of the phone screen) so installation needs to be spot on. Edges can accumulate dust/lint if not properly installed/aligned. Is slightly pricey than the many screen protectors sold on the cheap that lacks the width equivalent to the phone's display area.

Last edited:

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
I'm looking for a tempered glass protector for my A3 2017. The one I bought doesn't cover the whole surface because the glass of the screen is slightly curved close to the edges, a la iPhone. I don't know if such a tempered glass protector exists. Do you know anyone?

Inviato dal mio SM-T805 utilizzando Tapatalk

lomax512

Dec 30, 2014
Search eBay for this item number 172318279555 for the A5

Use this search criteria (copy/paste) for the A3 - "Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) Tempered Glass Screen Protector FULL 3D Coverage" without the quotation marks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought one of those "hardened glass" screen protectors from ebay, but it doesn't cover the whole screen. There's a about 2-3 mm gap from the protector to the edge of the screen.

Anyone found and successfully applied a screen protector that covers the whole screen? Not necessarily (but preferably) "glass", I just want one that covers the whole screen.
    can you please share a photo. really want to buy this too

There are some dust from the beach but I hardly ever clean the phone...