[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2]Lineage OS 14.1 for A500FU[A5ULTEXX]

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By JW19, Member on 20th August 2018, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Abandoned

LINEAGEOS 14.1

Intro:

There doesn't appear to be any active Lineage OS version for the Galaxy A500FU so I decided to try and build it myself using sources from @DeadSquirrel01. I successfully created the build and now it's up to you lot to report the bugs and for me to find them! Do not expect me to add any new features other than are already available on official Lineage 14.1 devices. Any new updates will likely only bring bug and security fixes.

Installation Instructions:

1) I recommend using TWRP recovery to install LineageOS
2) Make a nandroid backup in case you decide you prefer whatever you were on before
3) Wipe the system, data, cache and dalvik-cache
4) Flash the Lineage zip
5) Flash the GApps zip (Do this right after flashing the Lineage zip)

Downloads:

1) Open Gapps zip (Download the variant of your choice)
2) TWRP
3) Lineage OS

Credits:
Sources:

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS 14.1 for A500FU/A5ULTEXX, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
JW19
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: Lineage OS 14.1

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.1
Beta Release Date: 2018-08-20

Created 2018-08-20
Last Updated 2018-09-05
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JW19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JW19 Ad-Free
20th August 2018, 06:31 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
Lineage OS Downloads

Version 3.2 - 30/08/2018
Changes:
Overclocked CPU to 1.4GHz (Untested)

Version 3.1 - 30/08/2018
Changes:
Overclocked CPU to 1.3GHz (No obvious stability issues)

Version 2 - 25/08/2018
Changes:
NFC and android beam are now enabled and fixed.

Version 1 - 20/08/2018
Changes:
Initial build.
The Following User Says Thank You to JW19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JW19 Ad-Free
24th August 2018, 12:45 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm testing it right now. How does it compare to DeadSquirrel's ROM in terms of bugs ?
24th August 2018, 02:14 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xneexus

I'm testing it right now. How does it compare to DeadSquirrel's ROM in terms of bugs ?

I've been running it for the last 4 days.
In theory it should have the same bugs that were on DeadSquirrel's ROM as I haven't (yet) modified his source files.
These would include the torch slowness to turn on.
On the first day of using it, the touch screen would occasionally become unresponsive until i locked the phone then turned the screen on again. I haven't faced this issue since.

My build has the latest security patches and a few new features which you can read about from here:
Lineage Changelog
And every changelog since then...

As said in the post, I'd say this release is quite stable and suitable as a daily driver. I haven't faced any crashes whatsoever.
24th August 2018, 05:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
how about on echo during making a standard phone call where the reception got echo voice of their own while caller got no problem like that? i heard its because of kernel. its right sir?
im using previous build lineage 14.1 (a500F)
The Following User Says Thank You to wiera89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wiera89 Ad-Free
24th August 2018, 08:19 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiera89

how about on echo during making a standard phone call where the reception got echo voice of their own while caller got no problem like that? i heard its because of kernel. its right sir?
im using previous build lineage 14.1 (a500F)

Went ahead and tested this.
No issue found such as the one you described.

I made and received calls from my a500fu running this build, and I also used a different phone to call and receive calls from my phone. Call audio was fine on both ends and no echo.
The Following User Says Thank You to JW19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JW19 Ad-Free
24th August 2018, 09:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW19

Went ahead and tested this.
No issue found such as the one you described.

I made and received calls from my a500fu running this build, and I also used a different phone to call and receive calls from my phone. Call audio was fine on both ends and no echo.

thanks for that info, i will try this rom.. yahoooo!!!!!
later will get you know how its works.. thanks mike
24th August 2018, 10:36 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Will there be a build for A500F?
25th August 2018, 12:43 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slukk1

Will there be a build for A500F?

You can try and see how well this ROM runs on your a500f, no harm in that.

I think most if not all the sources are for a5 in general so this will boot on all a5 variants and may be quite stable.
25th August 2018, 12:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Great work! @DeadSquirrel01 has also begun working on an Oreo version for this device. Maybe you could also look into that? It's not in a very stable state yet, tough, so it might require quite some work.
25th August 2018, 04:41 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmax44

Great work! @DeadSquirrel01 has also begun working on an Oreo version for this device. Maybe you could also look into that? It's not in a very stable state yet, tough, so it might require quite some work.

Thanks krmax44

If this is what you are referring to:
https://github.com/DeadSquirrel01/li...15_a5_releases
Then I'm sorry to say but @DeadSquirrel01 has stopped developing it and the final release is from february. The reason for this can be found in the commits.

I will release a 15.1 lineage os for this device eventually, however currently I'm trying to sort through some build errors for it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)