FORUMS

[ROM] Google Product ROM for A5 2016 (A510F)

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By Vinhixus, Junior Member on 24th November 2017, 05:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

You are NOT allowed to use any part of this rom without my permission!

Disclaimer:
- Your warranty is now void.
- Use it at your own risk, I am not responsible for bricked devices, malfunctioning hardware or anything of the sort. Please make sure you know the process of flashing and restoring before you make any changes.

Information:
This is a touchwiz based rom with a twist that no one really did before.
The rom is fully debloated, no extra features, no extra apps and stuff, no fancy effects here and there.
Out of the box, you get Google Phone, Contacts, Messages, Keyboard, Camera, main google app, Play Store and a File Manager, nothing more. Install what you wish, nothing exist on the phone that you wouldn't want to use.
The whole concept of the rom tough, is the design. This rom is set up to use Google's new Product Sans font (hence the name) as the default font, which creates quite a unique design throughout the whole interface. Check out the images attached to the post!
The ROM also uses a launcher named Lawnchair, a fully customizable modded version of the Pixel Launcher, developed by deletescape.
Link to thread:
Lawnchair - Customizable Pixel Launcher

The ROM also includes a google boot logo and boot animation, and a custom made material style power menu and has full Samsung Theme support.
For the aesthetics I achieved in the screenshots, I recommend using Material Design (Android 7+) or Pixelize by Cameron Bunch for a more AOSP and clean look. I also used Icon Pack - Android™ Oreo 8.0 by Saurabh Gupta.

Download:

Google Product ROM

Credits:
Samsung (Firmware of A510F)
APKMirror (APKs)
Google (For Apps and Font)

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-11-24

Note:
IMPORTANT! After your phone has been set up, please go to Settings -> Apps -> (Three dot settings) Default Apps -> Set Calling app to Phone
You have to do this for incoming and outgoing calls to work, otherwise the Call UI won't show up.

Bugs and Issues:
None as far as I know, but please report if you find anything, I'll be happy to check it out.

Screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	15950
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	4343268   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	15372
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	4343269   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	16990
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	4343270   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	17556
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	4343271   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	18400
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	4343272   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	18106
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	4343273   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	18612
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	4343274   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	18318
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	4343275   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.png
Views:	18966
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	4343276   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.png
Views:	18286
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	4343277   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.png
Views:	18026
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	4343278   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.png
Views:	17076
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	4343279   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.png
Views:	16532
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	4343284   Click image for larger version

Name:	14.png
Views:	14824
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	4343286   Click image for larger version

Name:	15.png
Views:	14136
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	4343287  
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Vinhixus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vinhixus Ad-Free
24th November 2017, 05:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Delet
24th November 2017, 05:42 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
P.S: If anyone could tell me how in the world I can attach images that shows thumbnails like on other threads instead of linking an external image hosting link then I would be grateful
26th November 2017, 10:41 AM |#4  
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Looks really nice! But I will until my warranty is over until I install a custom rom. But that font...... amazing.
26th November 2017, 03:10 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 4,231

More
As I tell everyone If you do not like the rom presented find another or make your own we DO NOT come into ones thread and down their work As such this thread has been cleaned and expected to stay that way
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheMadScientist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheMadScientist Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 03:14 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 4,231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinhixus

P.S: If anyone could tell me how in the world I can attach images that shows thumbnails like on other threads instead of linking an external image hosting link then I would be grateful

I use imgur Its free u upload to them then bb code it in
or advanced reply at bottom of your post you can add edit attachments
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadScientist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheMadScientist Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 03:20 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist

As I tell everyone If you do not like the rom presented find another or make your own we DO NOT come into ones thread and down their work As such this thread has been cleaned and expected to stay that way

Thank you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinhixus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vinhixus Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 04:13 PM |#8  
Flag Durres
Thanks Meter: 126

Donate to Me
More
Good job 😊
26th November 2017, 07:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A5 2016
Quote:

Disclaimer:
- Use it at your own risk, I am not responsible for bricked devices, malfunctioning hardware or anything of the sort. Please make sure you know the process of flashing and restoring before you make any changes.

Information:
The rom is fully debloated, no extra features, no extra apps and stuff, no fancy effects here and there.
Out of the box, you get Google Phone, Contacts, Messages, Keyboard, Camera, main google app, Play Store and a File Manager, nothing more. Install what you wish, nothing exist on the phone that you wouldn't want to use.
The whole concept of the rom tough, is the design. This rom is set up to use Google's new Product Sans font (hence the name) as the default font, which creates quite a unique design throughout the whole interface. Check out the images attached to the post!
The ROM also uses a launcher named Lawnchair, a fully customizable modded version of the Pixel Launcher, developed by deletescape.
Link to thread:

The ROM also includes a google boot logo and boot animation, and a custom made material style power menu and has full Samsung Theme support.
For the aesthetics I achieved in the screenshots, I recommend using Material Design (Android 7+) or Pixelize by Cameron Bunch for a more AOSP and clean look. I also used Icon Pack - Android™ Oreo 8.0 by Saurabh Gupta.

Download:

Google Product ROM

Credits:
APKMirror (APKs)

Version Information

Note:
IMPORTANT! After your phone has been set up, please go to Settings -> Apps -> (Three dot settings) Default Apps -> Set Calling app to Phone
You have to do this for incoming and outgoing calls to work, otherwise the Call UI won't show up.

Bugs and Issues:
None as far as I know, but please report if you find anything, I'll be happy to check it out.

Screenshots:

Fra
I never install a rom. But my a5 2016 have some lags and i wanted install a stock rom, i haven,t root anyone can help me ?
26th November 2017, 09:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

Disclaimer:

Information:
Link to thread:

For the aesthetics I achieved in the screenshots, I recommend using Material Design (Android 7+) or Pixelize by Cameron Bunch for a more AOSP and clean look. I also used Icon Pack - Android Oreo 8.0 by Saurabh Gupta.

Download:

Google Product ROM

Credits:
APKMirror (APKs)

Version Information

Note:

Bugs and Issues:

Screenshots:

Hi! I have a question: Does this ROM need a different kernel and or a different recovery?

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Davidoski01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davidoski01 Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 10:37 PM |#11  
Flag Durres
Thanks Meter: 126

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidoski01

Hi! I have a question: Does this ROM need a different kernel and or a different recovery?

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

This rom need TWRP and just clean flash
The Following User Says Thank You to [GS] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [GS] Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)