FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][8.1.0][A3F/H/FU/G/M/Y] LineageOS 15.1 Unofficial for Samsung Galaxy A3 (2015)

229 posts
Thanks Meter: 880

By vl_w, Senior Member on 21st May 2018, 02:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th March 2019, 06:19 AM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatz106

This is not the developer. Is another guy building Android Pie.

Not the one that posted the links, but it is hosted by the developer vl_w

29th March 2019, 06:17 AM |#352  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
To the Users: Differences Between versions available for A3 from vl_w (Tested under SM-A300H) - With TWRP Ashyx 3.0.2-1 (This version can load the SD Card and for interested users can load USB OTG too)

System:
Marshmallow: Unable to turn on properly after turn off (Turn on directly to recovery)
Nougat: Same as Marshmallow
Oreo: Same as Nougat and Marshmallow

System Restart:
Marshmallow: Working
Nougat: Working
Oreo: Boot to recovery

Offline Charging:
Marshmallow: Unavailable (turn on directly to recovery)
Nougat: Unavailable (turn on directly to recovery)
Oreo: Unavailable (Turn on directly to recovery)

Screen settings:
Marshmallow: Buggy: LCD Density sometimes won't work (the DPI must be changed one on one). LightDisplay fully working.
Nougat: All basic settings working, LiveDisplay sometimes fails
Oreo: Basic settings working, LiveDisplay fails

Battery:
Marshmallow: Drains due to NFC Settings, battery profiles available but won't work (stuck on balanced profile therefore stuck on interactive governor)
Nougat: Drains due to NFC Settings, battery profile won't work, stuck on interactive governor)
Oreo: Drains due to NFC Settings, battery profiles disappeared.

RAM (With Pico Gapps):
Marshmallow without apps: between 418-319 MB free
Nougat without apps: Between 353-194 MB free*
Oreo without apps: Between 443-298 MB free

* Approx. I can't remember exactly, its a estimated quantity.

Camera:
Marshmallow: Full possible image/video settings. QR Unavailable
Nougat: Some picture size and quality options erased, video quality options erased. QR Unavailable, on video profile the FPS downgraded (before record something)
Oreo: Unavailable the option to turn off the high framerate recording option, makes impossible record videos in 1080p, same image settings as Nougat. QR Available. Video profile FPS downgraded (before record something)

FM Radio:
Marshmallow: Can't record something, crash the system. The manual station adjust menu, without bugs.
Nougat: Same app version as Marshmallow, the recording bug still present. Manual station change menu with image bug. Annoying echo present.
Oreo: Fully working, same version as the older versions, still present the station change menu bug.

Music:
Marshmallow: some settings won't work, as the album cover in the lockscreen and the music visualization.
Nougat: fully working, lockscreen album cover sometimes fails
Oreo: The same as Marshmallow, except for the music visualization.

AudioFX:
Marshmallow: Sometimes fails. You can use the app but the settings can't be applied.
Nougat: Fully working
Oreo: Sometimes fails, you can use the app but the setting can't be applied, in some cases, the app can't do absolutely nothing (obviously the app still can be accessible)

Apps using and performance test. (Tested with Clash Royale)
Marshmallow: some lags.
Nougat: Same experience as play under Stock OS
Oreo: impossible to use, crash the system.

Apps using and performance test (Under Real Racing 3)
Marshmallow: full working with little lags.
Nougat: Same as Marshmallow but less lags
Oreo Full working, but sometimes very followed at some random moment, the system crash)

If you don't like the bugs, you must stay on Stock or use Nougat if you don't use the FM Radio and apps can use the internal audio as Shazam or screen recorders.

If you like to use a newer Android OS, you should use Oreo, the most stable at the moment, but you can't use Clash Royale or something that uses "average" graphics (for caution because is possible to more apps can't be usable in Oreo build without average graphics due a compatibility conflicts and the lack of optimization, and, if you use the phone in the night, you must use the brightness to the minimum adjust, remember, LiveDisplay fails.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beatz106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beatz106 Ad-Free
12th April 2019, 12:57 PM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

To the Users: Differences Between versions available for A3 from vl_w (Tested under SM-A300H) - With TWRP Ashyx 3.0.2-1 (This version can load the SD Card and for interested users can load USB OTG too)
If you like to use a newer Android OS, you should use Oreo, the most stable at the moment, but you can't use Clash Royale or something that uses "average" graphics (for caution because is possible to more apps can't be usable in Oreo build without average graphics due a compatibility conflicts and the lack of optimization, and, if you use the phone in the night, you must use the brightness to the minimum adjust, remember, LiveDisplay fails.

Very helpful! Thanks for that. I have some questions though.. I'm using nougat rom and everything's fine, but I've read somewhere in a post that to solve the NFC problem you need to turn it on. With NFC off battery drains fast, but when it's on battery, i think, is average.. So, I don't think the problem you mentioned before is much related to NFC as with the CPU governor. But if I'm wrong then can I improve battery life by changing some settings?
12th April 2019, 05:40 PM |#354  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastuct

Very helpful! Thanks for that. I have some questions though.. I'm using nougat rom and everything's fine, but I've read somewhere in a post that to solve the NFC problem you need to turn it on. With NFC off battery drains fast, but when it's on battery, i think, is average.. So, I don't think the problem you mentioned before is much related to NFC as with the CPU governor. But if I'm wrong then can I improve battery life by changing some settings?

In the Nougat thread I've written a guide to delete all things related to NFC, at least on SM-A300H that model the NFC is not inbuilt, you should give your device model or search if your device is capable with NFC.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beatz106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beatz106 Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 11:04 AM |#355  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

In the Nougat thread I've written a guide to delete all things related to NFC, at least on SM-A300H that model the NFC is not inbuilt, you should give your device model or search if your device is capable with NFC.

Yes my device A300FU has NFC and it's working fine. But I don't use it at all and for battery life I would do anything.. So, by following this guide you say, to delete everything related to NFC, am I going to get even more battery life?
The Following User Says Thank You to beastuct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beastuct Ad-Free
14th April 2019, 03:05 AM |#356  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastuct

Yes my device A300FU has NFC and it's working fine. But I don't use it at all and for battery life I would do anything.. So, by following this guide you say, to delete everything related to NFC, am I going to get even more battery life?

due to the low battery capacity (1900 mAh) there is little difference during the use but it is very noticeable the change when the device is left to rest, after the procedure do the tests during the night, at dawn it goes between a 5 and 8% Battery, but since I do not have that model, anything can happen, but when these ROMs are designed more than anything for the FU model.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beatz106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beatz106 Ad-Free
1st May 2019, 03:11 AM |#357  

More
We have been several weeks since we not have new updates of this thread, or even report errors (something unnecessary since the author of this ROM is absent, also for several weeks even in the month). In addition to show some missing menus of this ROM in comparison to the original clean version of LineageOS, I will be next to report here on results in upcoming tests that I will do in the installation of Gapps GO version.
7th May 2019, 05:38 AM |#358  

More
Finally dear users... I've found an stable Gapps from Android Go. That file works fine at the moment and must be tested carefully. A WARNING for you is, that file MUST BE MODIFIED because the installation of that can DELETE the Official LineageOS apps as contacts, camera, music, messages, Jelly Browser (not important), clock app, stock telephone, gallery, the stock mail app (in case you use different mail client instead Gmail), the Launcher too.

The execution of some apps as clock or Google Play for the first time may appear some lag but after a few seconds it performs better and smoothly. Don't worry about the performance for Gmail app because it goes bad as default (requires a fix from Google)

Apps that muat be deleted from the package:
Launcher (Great battery drain, and can make the same things as Trebuchet but Trebuchet works better and smoother, uses less RAM)
Chrome (To maintain the good device health in terms of memory and battery consumption [Background processes], should be discarded and keep Jelly Browser)
Contacts app (unnecessary because the LineageOS contacts app can connect to Google and can make backup of your contacts)
Google Telephone app (unnecessary because can make the same things as the stock app. If you need that app, you can download from Google Play)
Clock app (can make the same as the stock)
Calendar (can be found at Google Play, the stock works too, and can connect to Google account)
Wallpapers app (the app can't work as same or better than the Official Gallery app, thus can't connect to Google Photos as I believed)
Gboard (the stock LineageOS keyboard works better than Google and uses much less RAM)

To get the cleanest GApps its important to get rid of apps as Sounds, the Smart Storage app, the SIM Connect and Data Transfer Tool must be deleted, that can be installed via Google Play,

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

The creator of the Gapps: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...d-rom-t3826522

And the GApps installed: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1QG7A...xport=download
11th May 2019, 04:27 AM |#359  

More
If you want better battery saving you must buy or download (better buy the app for help with the developer) EX Kernel Manager.

Setup guide soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Ajustes_20190510-212154.png
Views:	124
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	4756823  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)