FORUMS

[ROM][9.0][A3FU]LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial for Samsung Galaxy A3 (2015)

2,042 posts
Thanks Meter: 928

By DualJoe, Senior Member on 29th November 2019, 05:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial for Samsung Galaxy A3 (2015)

Supported variants:
SM-A300FU

DISCLAIMER
Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* The ROM is under developement and have some bugs.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. By flashing this ROM, you accept this disclaimer.
*/

Quote:

• LineageOS 16.0-20191129
  • Kernel 3.10.108
  • CAF LA.BR.1.2.9.1_rb1.5
  • Magisk compatible
  • MicroG ready
  • NFC disabled
  • Keymaster disabled
  • Thx to @vl_w
This TWRP recovery uses Lineage partition layout that differs from other recoveries.
Do not mix up efs/modem/apnhlos... backups with other releases.

All ROMs/Recoveries are compiled with latest LOS16 sources/toolchain.

BUGS:
No Sound (WIP - needs proper ASOC driver)
Probably the same as 15.1

LineageOS 16 for Galaxy A3 (2015)

Uploading my files elsewhere is not appreciated, if you need to upload my files, just use the links provided here. Thanks.

ROM 16.0 -> DOWNLOAD
TWRP 3.3.1 -> DOWNLOAD

Credits:
@vl_w

Sources:
https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

Version Information:
ROM Status: Beta
ROM OS Version: 9.0 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Any Bootloader and Modem.
Based On: LineageOS 16.0

Created: 2019-11-29
Last Updated: 2019-11-29
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DualJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DualJoe Ad-Free
29th November 2019, 09:14 AM |#2  
Flag Saint-Denis
Thanks Meter: 717

More
Hi !
Works well for now
Thanks to @DualJoe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191129-130831_Parametres.png
Views:	996
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	4889629  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carlos974 Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 02:32 PM |#3  
Flag Saint-Denis
Thanks Meter: 717

More
@DualJoe
The rom works well but there is no sound.
What setting can I activate to fix this?
Thanks
2nd December 2019, 05:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos974

@DualJoe
The rom works well but there is no sound.
What setting can I activate to fix this?
Thanks

Sound only works with headphones, yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to klasie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klasie Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 06:13 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos974

Hi !
Works well for now
Thanks to @DualJoe

Hi @carlos974! How did you manage it? On my A300FU there is still no Sound without headphones. Thumbnails is the same as yours.
Sorry, that was a temporal error! This request ist irrelevant!
4th December 2019, 01:14 PM |#6  

More
The function of the speaker icon on the phone is meant to be to let other people participate in the conversation or to work while speaking (for example ). But if i tap on it, i cannot here anything anymore. The sound is not redirected to the speaker. Consequently I can only hear the conversation partner, if do not tap and keep the phone on my ear.
4th December 2019, 02:18 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
de

More
The driver for the speaker/amplifier is missing so it's not working at all atm. I will fix it asap.
But good to know that the phone function is otherwise working properly. Thanks for reporting.
The Following User Says Thank You to DualJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DualJoe Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 03:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OEM unlock required?
Hello! I'm just about to flash my Dad's A3FU with Lineageos 16 (which I use on my own phone), but something is unclear to me: there is no OEM unlock option in the dev menu. Does it means that I should not worry about it and I can simply flash anything I want (with heimdall, manually compiled because Debian's precompiled version seems to have a bug that prevents it from connecting to the phone)?
Thanks a lot!
Mathias
PS: by the way, any news on the sound routing issue for the speaker phone?
6th January 2020, 06:35 PM |#9  

More
My A3FU hasn't got a OEM-unlock option, too (maybe it is like this in general). Never mind, just confirm "USB-Debugging". That's enough! (At least it was with me like that).
Make sure you've downloaded the OS from the link above!
The Following User Says Thank You to klasie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klasie Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 07:21 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
de

More
I had no OEM unlock option either and just flashed LOS without problems. That's the only thing i can tell about this.

Regarding the sound problem: The Samsung sound driver implementation is horribly outdated and doesn't work properly anymore (just affects the external speaker on the backside). The userspace part is closed source and there seems to be some kind of race condition or timing problem. What people have done on other devices with same hardware is they patched the 'mute' function (or something similar) in the closed source HAL blobs so the speaker is always on. That leads to several side effects like the speaker is always-on as well when calling and similar. It's a dirty hack and unfortunately the only thing we have currently. I do not really like that. Instead i'm going to overhaul the kernel driver. I have the new codec driver running already. The next part is to glue it all together and bring it to userspace.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DualJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DualJoe Ad-Free
7th January 2020, 01:37 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavay

Hello! I'm just about to flash my Dad's A3FU with Lineageos 16 (which I use on my own phone), but something is unclear to me: there is no OEM unlock option in the dev menu. Does it means that I should not worry about it and I can simply flash anything I want (with heimdall, manually compiled because Debian's precompiled version seems to have a bug that prevents it from connecting to the phone)?
Thanks a lot!
Mathias
PS: by the way, any news on the sound routing issue for the speaker phone?

A3FU doesn't have locked bootloader at all.. so no OEM unlock option needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualJoe

I had no OEM unlock option either and just flashed LOS without problems. That's the only thing i can tell about this.

Jesus, even OP doesn't know that... wasted..
Good luck

P.S.: but it will trigger knox count (aka warranty from 2015 ) - useless these days
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)