FORUMS

OFFICIAL Nougat out for A310F (with instructions how to update)

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Dodo55555, Junior Member on 6th June 2017, 07:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It's out in DBT (Germany) region via OTA!

Instructions to get it if you have a different CSC:
1. Download this DBT MM firmware: http://updato.com/firmware-archive-s...3AFA163EE8F90B
2. Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 (restart phone in download mode, put fw file in AP, leave default settings)
3. Go to settings -> about phone -> manual update (Nougat update will download and install)

Proof:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dodo55555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dodo55555 Ad-Free
7th June 2017, 09:49 AM |#2  
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You forgot one important step :
Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)

@LE : I confirm that is working
7th June 2017, 10:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
At which point I have to do the reboot?

Thanks.
7th June 2017, 10:34 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Really
7th June 2017, 11:13 AM |#5  
Flag Buzau

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan662

At which point I have to do the reboot?

Thanks.

You have to Reboot Phone in Download Mode before flashing with Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gycone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gycone Ad-Free
7th June 2017, 12:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Easy peasy... working 100%... Thanx
7th June 2017, 07:28 PM |#7  
Flag Buzau

More
Can someone report that sending SMS is working? Mine is not working
7th June 2017, 09:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Everything works fine
7th June 2017, 10:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gycone

Can someone report that sending SMS is working? Mine is not working

SMS working. Tried it couple of times.
I have been checking the phone all day and everything seems to be in order except there is no way to go split screen in recent apps.
On S7 nougat split screen mode is changed a bit from vanilla Nougat. There is a dedicated button for split screen on every tab when you enter recent apps.
On A3 nougat however there is no such button. Anyone figured it out yet?

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Apparently multi window view is disabled on A3 2016 Nougat release. I have searched a bit and found that A5 2016 has this feature under Advanced Features-Multi Window but A3 doesn't... What a load of **** since it is Nougat native feature
7th June 2017, 11:26 PM |#10  
Flag Ruse
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by six37

SMS working. Tried it couple of times.
I have been checking the phone all day and everything seems to be in order except there is no way to go split screen in recent apps.
On S7 nougat split screen mode is changed a bit from vanilla Nougat. There is a dedicated button for split screen on every tab when you enter recent apps.
On A3 nougat however there is no such button. Anyone figured it out yet?

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Apparently multi window view is disabled on A3 2016 Nougat release. I have searched a bit and found that A5 2016 has this feature under Advanced Features-Multi Window but A3 doesn't... What a load of **** since it is Nougat native feature

We could sign a petition for it but it's too much of a hassle for the dev team to make a change just for this one thing. Then again it is something native to nougat which makes the experience half of what it should be. We also didn't get night mode and controlling flash sensitivity. I understand not having features for an ID button but these are the small things which make the experience feel halved. Honestly the update is nice and I'm hoping these features get on with a small update. And even if they don't I'll still wait till this phone dies on me.
8th June 2017, 12:25 PM |#11  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Did anyone tried to flash this German MM (DBT region) firmware with having different CSC?
It seems that the original package with this MM is multi-csc and it is defaulting me to XEO and without root (I don't want to root this phone) I am unable to change it (the solution of breaking reflash via Odin to go into recovery to apply different CSC did not work but maybe I did something wrong although followed one guide couple of times). Anyway... anyone has some more experience in flashing this DBT with success?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)