Warning This recovery will TRIP your Knox Counter and your warranty will be void. This recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A800F) Exynos Octa 5430 variant running 5.1.1 (Lollipop). Tested Safely on following devices.Code:#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Why TWRP ? Why not some rooted firmware which keeps warranty safe ? TWRP is a custom recovery. It has many more functionality than stock recovery! if something goes wrong while flashing something you can always make a backup use this recovery which can be restored when things get messed. if mess is of large extend you can always flash stock firmware. Screenshots
- Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A800F)Instructions Follow the instructions carefully. Step 1 :
Step 2 :
- Install Samsung Drivers and connect your device to PC. let it install drivers and if its updating let it update. your device drivers should be perfectly installed without a single failure.
- Link to Samsung Drivers
- Turn of your device and go to odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] release it when you see Galaxy A8 Logo
- Press vol up to confirm
- Now that you are in Odin Mode connect your device via USB cable.
- Now open Odin3 3.09 or 3.07 that you have downloaded.
- If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it usually updates.
- Make sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so don’t worry about it, just verify COM is lit up)
- Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it
- Make Sure only Default Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked and nothing. verify twice only these 2 are ticked. Untick Auto Reboot if you are installing recovery for first time!
- Click Start and wait for the process to end. DO NOT Interrupt during this time.
- Once it says PASS. BOOT INTO RECOVERY USING VOL UP + HOME + POWER BUTTON.
- If you want to flash TWRP without PC (Odin) then download recovery.img and flash it with Flashify. You won't be able to boot into twrp after install use rebooter app to boot into twrp
Contributors androidlover5842, shubham540 Source Code: https://github.com/Grace5921/device_.../tree/slim-4.4 Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/Grace5921/Kernel_samsung_a8elte @DigiGoon for his compressed sources ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x Based On: Cyanogenmod Version Information Status: Stable Created 2016-01-01 Last Updated 2016-01-03
- TWRP Team i.e. @Dees_Troy for his awesome recovery.
- @paveenash for testing recovery!