Post Reply Email Thread

Galaxy A3 2016 | a3xelte | SM-A310xx
OFFICIAL | Android 9.0
Download

Changelog:
Code:
2019-07-07
- More SELinux fixes (Stricted)
- Remove old implementation of Keydisabler and use Lineage Touch HAL instead (Stricted)
- dotOS 3.1 with many UI improvements and new features
- June 5 Security Patch
- Camera deadlocks are gone now (at least when using default Snap Camera) by fixes in the camera wrapper (danwood76)
- Updated stock vendor blobs (danwood76)
- Improve WiFi battery consumption by enabling the capability of the WiFi firmware to scan efficiently in the background in the framework-res overlays (danwood76)
- Add missing magnetometer config file in vendor/etc/yas_set.cfg (danwood76)

2019-05-16
- Update vendor security from 2018-07-30 to 2019-02-01
- Switching to NFC force download mode in libnfc-sec-hal.conf to improve reliability although turning on can take longer (danwood76)
- More SELinux fixes (danwood76)
- Fixed kernel issue from stock that the device was not charging sometimes (danwood76)
- May 05 2019 security patch (danwood76)

2019-04-10
- Fixed Tethering and Hotspot by enabling CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CT in the kernel defconfig (danwood76)
- Much more kernel improvements (danwood76)
- Cleaned up ramdisk
- April 05 2019 security patch

2019-03-29
- More SELinux fixes (danwood76)
- Touchkeys are now also disabled when the display is turned off (danwood76)

2019-03-26
- Initial Release
Quote:

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Installation instructions:
1. Make sure you have TWRP installed on your device to be able to flash the rom.
2. Download the latest build from the link above and copy it to a place where you can find it later.
3. Optionally download GApps for using the Play Store and other Google related services from here: https://opengapps.org. Choose ARM as architecture and 9.0 as the OS version. The size of the GApps package is upon to you how much apps you want to have preinstalled. Copy this zip aswell to a place where you can find it easy later. If you download it with Chrome or with the Google Drive App it should be by default in the Download folder.
4. Turn your phone off and press Volume UP + Home Button + Power button at the same time until the splash screen appears. Then your device should boot into the recovery. There you wipe following partitions: Data, System, Cache, Dalvik if this is your first install. All of your installed applications get lost by this. Your photos, videos etc. won't get deleted if you haven't ticked the box for internal storage. As the kernel also supports F2FS i would change the filesystem for the cache partition from ext4 to f2fs for a better system performance. Now go to the main TWRP menu, click on install and go to the place where you have placed your zips and first select the rom and then click on the left button if you have downloaded the optional GApps package to add another zip to the queue. Now swipe the slider at the bottom to install and reboot the phone to the system. The first boot can take a while and after booting you could experience some lags because of the GApps initialization but they should disappear after some time.
4. Now you have successfully installed the rom and you're ready to use dotOS on your device. Congratulations!

Bugs:
- VoLTE (isn't working on samsung devices and won't work anytime in the future too)
- HWC isn't enabled yet (could lead to a bit performance decrease in apps with alot of layers)

XDA:DevDB Information
dotOS 3.1 for the Galaxy A3 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
dariotr

Credits
@danwood76
@Stricted
@alexax66

Source Code:
https://gitlab.com/dariotrombello
https://gitlab.com/Exynos7580
https://github.com/DotOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: dotOS

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-03-22

Created 2019-03-22
Last Updated 2019-07-11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190330-105254_System_Updates.png
Views:	3854
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	4733607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190330-105400_System_Updates.png
Views:	3776
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	4733608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190330-105756_Quickstep.png
Views:	3810
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	4733609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190330-105805_Einstellungen.png
Views:	3736
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	4733610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190330-105823_Einstellungen.png
Views:	3788
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	4733611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190330-105837_Quickstep.png
Views:	3708
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	4733612  
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dariotr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariotr Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 10:20 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel
Thanks Meter: 240

Donate to Me
More

Discord
I've created a new Exynos 7580 Discord because the old one from the Lineage 15.1 project got deleted. I regularly share testing builds here. Join if you want . If you have any questions or problems with the ROM, write them also there.

https://discord.gg/TEfC5hA

Building
You can find a guide for building dotOS for the Galaxy A3 2016 here: https://github.com/dariotrombello/local_manifests
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dariotr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariotr Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 12:19 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Wow! Very great!
25th March 2019, 12:40 AM |#4  
Flag C:earth
Thanks Meter: 135

More
fix hwc
to enable hwc use this commit

https://github.com/SamsungGalaxyJ5-2...717877551046e1
25th March 2019, 01:03 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jullian_Ms

to enable hwc use this commit

https://github.com/SamsungGalaxyJ5-2...717877551046e1

Are you sure that this is working? I think it has to do with something else
26th March 2019, 11:26 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel

Donate to Me
More
The ROM is now out official with working OTA Updater. Changelog from the last unofficial build:

- Widevine L1 is working now for a better quality when streaming movies etc. via Amazon Prime or Netflix (thanks to danwood76)
- A few more SELinux fixes
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dariotr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariotr Ad-Free
27th March 2019, 01:19 PM |#7  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,208

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borduni

The ROM is now out official with working OTA Updater. Changelog from the last unofficial build:

- Widevine L1 is working now for a better quality when streaming movies etc. via Amazon Prime or Netflix (thanks to danwood76)
- A few more SELinux fixes

Although we now have Windevine L1 our phone is not supported on Netflix or Amazon Prime (it is not on stock either).

There are some hacked versions of Netflix floating about but I don't think you really need HD on our tiny screen .
27th March 2019, 01:23 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwood76

Although we now have Windevine L1 our phone is not supported on Netflix or Amazon Prime (it is not on stock either).

There are some hacked versions of Netflix floating about but I don't think you really need HD on our tiny screen .

Widevine L1 is even supporting 4K, isn't it?
27th March 2019, 01:26 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borduni

Widevine L1 is even supporting 4K, isn't it?

L1 just enables a more protected version of DRM, it is carried out in a secure area of the CPU (mobicore). So yes it supports higher resolutions but neither Netflix nor Amazon support non certified phones, you may be able to get round it by changing the build fingerprint. I've not tested it because I have no need for HD video on a 4.7" screen .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danwood76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2019, 01:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Bug, or Problem?
Man, help me. I installed the Dot OS 3.0 (Pie) version, until I was able to use it for about 5 - 8 hours, but suddenly he started to stop the interface making me unable to use the phone, first I formatted it thinking it was just a bug , but it remained, I went back to version 2.5 of DotOS (Oreo) but still still giving the same problem ...: /
28th March 2019, 03:27 PM |#11  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyukazai

Man, help me. I installed the Dot OS 3.0 (Pie) version, until I was able to use it for about 5 - 8 hours, but suddenly he started to stop the interface making me unable to use the phone, first I formatted it thinking it was just a bug , but it remained, I went back to version 2.5 of DotOS (Oreo) but still still giving the same problem ...: /

What exactly is the issue?

Did you wipe /data /system and erase the cache before installing?

Can you provide a logcat of the error?
The Following User Says Thank You to danwood76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)