FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][8.1][A3 2016] ResurrectionRemix 6.2.1 for Galaxy A3 2016 | a3xelte | SM-A310xx

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 240

By dariotr, Senior Member on 30th January 2019, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Galaxy A3 2016 | a3xelte | SM-A310xx
UNOFFICIAL | Android 8.1
Download: HERE

Changelog:
Code:
2019-02-08
- Upstreamed new Kernel again from v3.10.61 to 3.10.108 for enhanced security and performance
- Fixed audio recording issue by not allowing to record with a bitrate below 48000 in the audio policy
- Updated stock vendor blobs from CRG1 to CRH1 for better security and stability (this time it mostly improved GPS)
- Fixed bluetooth calling

2019-01-30
- Initial release
Quote:

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Installation instructions:
1. Make sure you have TWRP installed on your device to be able to flash the rom.
2. Download the latest build from the link above and copy it to a place where you can find it later.
3. Optionally download GApps for using the Play Store and other Google related services from here: https://opengapps.org. Choose ARM as architecture and 8.1 as the OS version. The size of the GApps package is upon to you how much apps you want to have preinstalled. Copy this zip aswell to a place where you can find it easy later. If you download it with Chrome or with the Google Drive App it should be by default in the Download folder.
4. Turn your phone off and press Volume UP + Home Button + Power button at the same time until the splash screen appears. Then your device should boot into the recovery. There you wipe following partitions: Data, System, Cache, Dalvik if this is your first install. All of your installed applications get lost by this. Your photos, videos etc. won't get deleted if you haven't ticked the box for internal storage. As the kernel also supports F2FS i would change the filesystem for the cache partition from ext4 to f2fs for a better system performance. Now go to the main TWRP menu, click on install and go to the place where you have placed your zips and first select the rom and then click on the left button if you have downloaded the optional GApps package to add another zip to the queue. Now swipe the slider at the bottom to install and reboot the phone to the system. The first boot can take a while and after booting you could experience some lags because of the GApps initialization but they should disappear after some time.
5. Now you have successfully installed the rom and you're ready to use ResurrectionRemix on your device. Congratulations!

Bugs:
- VoLTE (isn't working on samsung devices and won't work anytime in the future too)
- Same as LineageOS 15.1

Credits:
@danwood76 for maintaining the a3xelte device tree
@Stricted for maintaining the common device tree

Contributors:
@Borduni

Source Code:
https://gitlab.com/dariotrombello
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix
https://gitlab.com/Exynos7580

Version Information
Android: 8.1 Oreo
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108

Stable Release Date: 2019-30-01

Created: 2019-30-01
Last Updated: 2019-02-08
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dariotr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariotr Ad-Free
31st January 2019, 08:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Many thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to yowoodwaii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yowoodwaii Ad-Free
31st January 2019, 02:03 PM |#4  
Flag Niterói
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I would just like to thank @Borduni @danwood76 @Stricted and all the devs that are helping maintain our device and bringing us updated ROMs! This was a rom i was wishing for very much! Thank you for all your efforts and time dedicated for us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EsperanzaHz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EsperanzaHz Ad-Free
31st January 2019, 04:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
4-core processor or 8-core processor?

If 8 core enabled, can we get 4 core enabled version?

Also thank you all of you guys for still developing for A310F users. I wish i can donate for you guys but PayPal is not avalaible in our country.
31st January 2019, 04:42 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by senemir

4-core processor or 8-core processor?

If 8 core enabled, can we get 4 core enabled version?

Also thank you all of you guys for still developing for A310F users. I wish i can donate for you guys but PayPal is not avalaible in our country.

Quad Core Kernel. I won't publish any of my new roms with Octa Core Kernel's because of the high battery drain.
You don't need to donate me anything. I don't even have set up PayPal .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dariotr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariotr Ad-Free
31st January 2019, 07:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borduni

Quad Core Kernel. I won't publish any of my new roms with Octa Core Kernel's because of the high battery drain.
You don't need to donate me anything. I don't even have set up PayPal .

Thanks bro. I will try this rom tomarrow.

And i dont like Octa Core too. Phone overheats and battery drain is too much like you said.

Keep up that great work !
The Following User Says Thank You to senemir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift senemir Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 10:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does sound work in all apps? I've used three other 8.0 roms and they all recorded mic very quietly in apps like Snap and Insta.
3rd February 2019, 08:57 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,208

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajdud

Does sound work in all apps? I've used three other 8.0 roms and they all recorded mic very quietly in apps like Snap and Insta.

This will be fixed soon, it's on my list
The Following User Says Thank You to danwood76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2019, 07:30 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel

Donate to Me
More
2019-02-08
- Upstreamed new Kernel again from v3.10.61 to 3.10.108 for enhanced security and performance
- Fixed audio recording issue by not allowing to record with a bitrate below 48000 in the audio policy
- Updated stock vendor blobs from CRG1 to CRH1 for better security and stability (this time it mostly improved GPS)
- Fixed bluetooth calling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dariotr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariotr Ad-Free
12th February 2019, 09:15 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
As I see this rom audio recording is working fine right? I had another issue with L15.1 which was that I couldn't get faceunlock to work at all, it didn't even show up in the setings. It wasn't the gapps cause I use those same gapps on extendedAOSP and it worked. Also at some point the mic stopped working, etheir for calls nor audio recording. I'm on 14.1 now but it doesn't play flac natively and the music player I use doesn't support flac by itself, all the rest is great en 14.1. So, if anyone is kind enough to advice me about this ROM that'd be great, I'm getting a little tired of flashing, mostly because I need the phone for work during the day and the microphone dying is not cool XD Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a3xelte, android 8.1, galaxy a3 2016, oreo, resurrectionremix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)