FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL][a3xelte][SM-A310F]Lineage OS 16.0 for A3 2016

774 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,358

By danwood76, Recognized Developer on 26th March 2019, 10:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Introduction

LineageOS 16.0 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. The port for the Exynos7580 based devices was created by @Stricted and I along with many contributions from other people in the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works
Calls, SMS, Mobile Data
Camera
NFC
WiFi
Bluetooth
Torch
Sensors
GPS
SELinux Enforcing
HWC
What doesn't work
IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
Installation
Install the latest TWRP (Available Here)
Make a full backup (just in case something goes wrong)
Do a full wipe (Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System)
Download the latest LOS build and transfer it to your phone
Install LOS
If you are installing GApps do it at the same time (preferably in the same install queue)
And finally boot, the first boot can take several minutes as it optimises all the apps
Downloads
Latest official releases HERE
Latest unoficial releases are uploaded HERE
OpenGapps HERE
TWRP is availableHERE
Magisk is available HERE
Thanks
@Stricted
@l-0-w
@sekil
@alexax66
@macs18max (BT call audio fix)
@Borduni
All the testers on the Discord group (https://discord.gg/8fp9cr7)
And all others who have contributed to the Exynos projects past and present
A very special thanks to all my donors!

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS 16.0 for A3 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
danwood76, stricted
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-03-26
Last Updated 2019-09-02
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to danwood76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2019, 10:57 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Changelog
Official change log: HERE

Unofficial change log below:
Code:
Changes in the 18/08/19 release:
Fixed GPS SEPolicy (thanks @stricted)
Older changes listed below:
Code:
Changes in the 16/08/19 release:
Fixed sensor SELinux policy LOS updates
Code:
Changes in the 11/08/19 release:
More HWC improvements (thanks @Stricted) Added volume keys as a wakeup source (now visible in button settings) August security patches
Code:
Changes in the 23/07/19 release:
Fixed remaining HWC issues (we now build with no hacks to upstream LOS) Added buildprop to skip waiting for buffer fences to signal (thanks @stricted and @Ivan_Meler) Build new HIDL lights HAL
Code:
Changes in the 19/07/19 release:
Fixed SSWAP Synced with latest LOS sources
Code:
Changes in the 07/07/2019 release:
Fixed HWC (Improves UI fluidity and power usage) SELinux cleanup (thanks @Stricted) Migrate to new HIDL LiveDisplay and Touch HALs (thanks @Stricted) July Android Security Patch LOS updates
Code:
Changes in the 25/06/2019 release:
camera: added new workaround to fix remaining HAL crashes (Google Camera should work now) June Android security patch LOS updates
Code:
Changes in the 27/05/2019 release:
camera: improved camera wrapper to fix camera crashes (still avoid google camera) LOS updates
Code:
Changes in the 23/05/2019 release:
overlay: enabled WiFi background scanning manifest: reverted previous downrev of android.hardware.wifi
Code:
Changes in the 21/05/2019 release:
manifest: downrev android.hardware.wifi to 1.1 to fix deep sleep ramdisk: fix a typo in the WiFi init script system.prop: remove incorrect assignment of 'wifi.direct.interface' kernel: Add in the UID field to xt.NETFILTER
Code:
Changes in the 17/05/2019 release:
kernel: fixed non charging issue if USB is not plugged in for 20+ hours NFC: default to slower but more reliable firmware loading mechanism system: optimised the vfs_cache_pressure which improves FS performance and fixes most MTP issues ramdisk: fixed lots more permissions and selinux denials vendor: Added missing magnetomoter configuration file vendor: Updated blobs to February security patch Android May security update
Code:
Changes in the 08/04/2019 release:
  • kernel: Fixed NULL pointer de-reference in CPU governor (should fix reboot bug)
  • Android April security patch
Code:
Changes in the 05/04/2019 release:
  • kernel: added some possible fixes for the kernel loop that causes the reboot bug
Code:
Changes in the 02/04/2019 release:
  • Fixed remaining SELinux denials
  • Added upstream CPU governor optimisations (should help with battery usage)
  • Latest LOS updates
Code:
Changes in the 26/03/2019 release:
  • Initial release
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danwood76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2019, 10:57 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Build Instructions
1. Setup a LineageOS build environment based on one of the supported LineageOS 16.0 devices: https://wiki.lineageos.org/index.html
Note: All commands below are executed from the LineageOS root directory

2. Initialise the LineageOS repositories
repo init -u git://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-16.0

3. Sync the repos (can take a log time, around 30GB of downloads)
repo sync

4. Create the .repo/local_manifests directory and add the a3xelte manifest (attached)
mkdir .repo/local_manifests/
cp ~/Downloads/a3xelte.xml .repo/local_manifests/

5. Sync our device trees in
repo sync

6. Setup the build environment
source build/envsetup.sh

7. Finally start the build:
brunch lineage_a3xelte-userdebug

To pull in new changes it is usually only necessary to repeat steps 5 - 7.
Attached Files
File Type: xml a3xelte.xml - [Click for QR Code] (1.2 KB, 132 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danwood76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2019, 12:26 PM |#4  
Flag Camaragibe
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I have been leaning against my A3 for some time, but now I will use it again with this new construction, Congratulations @danwood76
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiltoncandido For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wiltoncandido Ad-Free
26th March 2019, 05:16 PM |#5  
Flag KERALA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Excellent Work @danwood76
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sreekmtl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sreekmtl Ad-Free
27th March 2019, 03:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Great work! Looks and feels awesome @ 1st sight. Will use it as daily driver and report any problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to pluescho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pluescho Ad-Free
30th March 2019, 07:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Everthing is working so far. There might be a problem with charging over PC's USB port as I noticed today. Connected to my USB2 port battery went to 0% while phone staying turned on. There was no problem charging it with your 15.1 builds installed. But I haven't checked background processes at that time. I'll do on next encounter.
Great work! Thanks a lot.
31st March 2019, 01:04 PM |#9  
Flag Camaragibe
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluescho

Everthing is working so far. There might be a problem with charging over PC's USB port as I noticed today. Connected to my USB2 port battery went to 0% while phone staying turned on. There was no problem charging it with your 15.1 builds installed. But I haven't checked background processes at that time. I'll do on next encounter.

Hi ... I've been driving LOS16 for almost a week and I have not found any problem smooth running is perfect. thank you to all involved in this project. My model is A310M
The Following User Says Thank You to Wiltoncandido For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wiltoncandido Ad-Free
2nd April 2019, 05:18 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
New update uploading:

Changes:
  • Fixed remaining SELinux denials
  • Added upstream CPU governor optimisations (should help with battery usage)
  • Latest LOS updates
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danwood76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2019, 07:17 PM |#11  
Flag Small town in Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 1,153

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluescho

No problem here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)