FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AOSP 7.1 ROM by xc-racer99

1,213 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,074

By Monfro, Senior Member on 5th February 2017, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This work is 100% by xc-racer99; i only ported his rom to Captivate.

Read his original thread to find all the informations you need, and spam his thanks button.

DOWNLOADS:
- AOSP 7.1 Captivate 2017-01-19

- AOSP 7.1 Captivate 2016-12-26

Looking for feedbacks
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Monfro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Monfro Ad-Free

6th February 2017, 03:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice to see roms keep coming to Captivate
7th February 2017, 04:52 AM |#3  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 599

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro

Read his original thread to find all the informations you need, and spam his thanks button.

DOWNLOADS:

Looking for feedbacks

Was about to do that myself.. But came here and saw it was done already.. Thanks!
7th February 2017, 09:51 AM |#4  
Flag Trieste
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Hi, this ROM is testing or in beta version?
14th February 2017, 09:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Failed
I loaded the basic i897_GB_BL and speedmod-kernel-i897-k13e-500hz from this thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1350266

Things worked out, then proceeded to attempt to install 7.1 file from CWM.
Had to load it second time due to expected invalid partition error.
Second time it quickly crashed and went to at&t white loading screen.. and stayed there.
hmm.. I've already been at this for a few hours.. going to crash and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersectec

I loaded the basic i897_GB_BL and speedmod-kernel-i897-k13e-500hz from this thread.

Second time it quickly crashed and went to at&t white loading screen.. and stayed there.
hmm.. I've already been at this for a few hours.. going to crash and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Couldn't give up.. redid the first instructions.. back in CWM and attempting to load a working ROM.
20th February 2017, 06:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersectec

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Couldn't give up.. redid the first instructions.. back in CWM and attempting to load a working ROM.

the same thing happened to me .
and i get error failed to mount data
20th February 2017, 06:52 PM |#7  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 260

More
I was getting the same error. I finally got it to flash after I wiped everything except internal memory. I flashed the rom, but not gapps. After booting up the first time I went back into twrp and flashed gapps and did a factory reset.

It boots fine, however the power and volume buttons do not work at all (both before and after flashing gapps). I can only get the screen on by plugging the phone in.

Also, the home button did not work, which seems to be a common issue on other roms as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to jde984 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jde984 Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 01:29 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My sgh i897 also face same issue with this Rom... Plz.. Fix it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jde984

I was getting the same error. I finally got it to flash after I wiped everything except internal memory. I flashed the rom, but not gapps. After booting up the first time I went back into twrp and flashed gapps and did a factory reset.

It boots fine, however the power and volume buttons do not work at all (both before and after flashing gapps). I can only get the screen on by plugging the phone in.

Also, the home button did not work, which seems to be a common issue on other roms as well.

and
The Following User Says Thank You to Jarin3363 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jarin3363 Ad-Free
1st July 2017, 11:14 PM |#9  
London
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Bootloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro

DOWNLOADS:

Looking for feedbacks

Hi,
Coming from latest cyanogen 4.4.4 and I followed the instruction here but ended on bootloop but I can access twrp recovery.
What else I can do from there?
If I have to odin or attempt to put back cyanogen, which step I have to follow to successful install it?
Thank you.
I will add a short video.
3rd July 2017, 09:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by id example

Hi,
Coming from latest cyanogen 4.4.4 and I followed the instruction here but ended on bootloop but I can access twrp recovery.
What else I can do from there?
If I have to odin or attempt to put back cyanogen, which step I have to follow to successful install it?
Thank you.
I will add a short video.

you can just revert to your 4.4.4 by reinstalling that package if u had it in a zip...otherwise download one and install it
The Following User Says Thank You to mojosantana For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mojosantana Ad-Free
4th July 2017, 09:11 AM |#11  
London
Thanks Meter: 4

More
successful installation
I repaired the file system and it started but mobile data is not working not even showing the 2, 3 or 4g logo.
Power and volume buttons also don't work, just to reboot on long press.
I installed from download app or widget file manager cyanogen 3 but it doesn't start at all.
Will try internet on WiFi soon.
And add photos.

https://yadi.sk/i/FbYNmjMY3KjiuG

WiFi works I can browse the internet play store.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)