FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][PORT]Full Advance 5.1.1

341 posts
Thanks Meter: 177
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Port Full Advance 5.1.1
Samsung Galaxy Captivate

Full Advance is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Full Advance does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*
* Submitting bug reports on unofficial builds is the leading 
* cause of male impotence.
*/
Installation:
  • Coming from 5.1.1 or less ROMS
  • Download Full Advance-XXXXXXXX.zip to your phone
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Wipe all your data (System/Data/Dalvik Cache)
  • (optional, recommed for the best performnce)-> Wipe your data with fs2f <-
  • Flash Full Advance-XXXXXXXX.zip from your phone
  • (Optional)Flash Open Apps.zip from your phone
  • Reboot

Features
  • Calling Delay Reduced
  • Highly optimised ROM
  • Stable
  • Fastest ever and Clean
  • New Camera,Audiofx,etc....
  • Some Stuff Has Been Removed
  • Completly AOSP

Download


ROM

Credits to
Important Note
Im not own this device so some one test and feedback about the rom is every thing works well or not
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Audiracecar90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Audiracecar90 Ad-Free
 
 
16th April 2016, 05:31 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuticorin
Thanks Meter: 177
 
Donate to Me
More
RESERVED!!!
20th April 2016, 01:44 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I will test this in 1-2 days and let you know if it works

Edit 1: Rom boots and everything seems to work fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChriZz12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChriZz12 Ad-Free
22nd April 2016, 09:29 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuticorin
Thanks Meter: 177
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriZz12

I will test this in 1-2 days and let you know if it works

Edit 1: Rom boots and everything seems to work fine.

How about the performance? any lags delays something?
29th April 2016, 08:34 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Nizhniy Novgorod
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
This ROM works pretty well. Faster and cleaner than other. But GPS seems to be broken. Also I had troubles installing open-gapps (play services errors appeared). Only clean install ROM and gapps immidiately after that worked out. But enabling location tracking leads to force-closing google services. I remember there was a difference in gps hardware between i9000 and i897.
Thanks for the ROM though. Looking forward a gps fix.
30th April 2016, 02:14 PM |#6  
thinhx2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Quảng Ninh
Thanks Meter: 1,903
 
Donate to Me
More
I try port android 6.0 for captivate and bro can test?
1st May 2016, 02:57 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuticorin
Thanks Meter: 177
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorendroll

This ROM works pretty well. Faster and cleaner than other. But GPS seems to be broken. Also I had troubles installing open-gapps (play services errors appeared). Only clean install ROM and gapps immidiately after that worked out. But enabling location tracking leads to force-closing google services. I remember there was a difference in gps hardware between i9000 and i897.
Thanks for the ROM though. Looking forward a gps fix.

oh yes i forgot to make change that. Thanks for notifying this to me. For making gps to work try to replace that file from your lollipop version roms to this and try flashing
23rd October 2016, 06:08 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
i have been using it for several hours and i must say that is very stable and works better than other roms ive tried. its not crazy fast, but its good so far. havnt seen any force close. i havent tested all but su far great job. it takes its time to do its stuff but, im mean, its lollipop on a 6 year old hardware.

thanks for the rom. i was searching for something stable. ill keep testing and reporting.
8th November 2016, 04:19 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Super !! Fantastic !!
This, by far, is the best ROM for Captivate. I had to rejuvenate my Captivate as my 6+ was IMPOSSIBLE to use due to the screen flicker disease. I initially tried the CM 11 - 20160815 4.4, it was awfully slow. I tried various other ROMs. SlimKat was decent but, I could not get the ATT signal to work properly.

BIG THANKS to the contributors ! Great Job!!

BTW, Great forum. I will be seen here more often.
8th December 2016, 01:30 AM |#10  
davidcave's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. George
Thanks Meter: 34
 
Donate to Me
More
gapps
where do I get gapps for this rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by droyid

This, by far, is the best ROM for Captivate. I had to rejuvenate my Captivate as my 6+ was IMPOSSIBLE to use due to the screen flicker disease. I initially tried the CM 11 - 20160815 4.4, it was awfully slow. I tried various other ROMs. SlimKat was decent but, I could not get the ATT signal to work properly.

BIG THANKS to the contributors ! Great Job!!

BTW, Great forum. I will be seen here more often.

26th December 2016, 11:01 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Open GApps
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcave

where do I get gapps for this rom?

I think @Audiracecar90 was referring to Open GApps (opengapps.org). Choose "ARM", Android version 5.1, and a Variant of mini or less (TV stock not recommended I guess).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes