FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ROMs and Video Out?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By tideee88, Junior Member on 2nd October 2016, 01:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

I've searched the forums as best as I could and couldn't really find an answer. I've just ordered a Captivate from Ebay to use as a front end for the 7" monitor in my dash in my car. I'll be doing this with the video out feature that this phone features. The thing is, 2.2 is just a bit too ancient for me, and I was hoping to install one of the Jellybean roms. Can anyone running a custom rom let me know if the video out feature remains intact with custom roms?

4th October 2016, 01:37 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Anyone? I know this is a mostly dead board for an old phone, I just need someone who's running something 4.0 or newer to go into the display settings and tell me if the video out mode is still there. I know that doesn't necessarily mean it will function, but it will give me some hope.
13th October 2016, 04:50 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
80 views and no one can tell me if there's a video out option in their display settings. Sweet.
30th December 2016, 04:38 AM |#4  
I've tried video out with cm7 or 9. I couldn't get it to work correctly due to the cable (pretty sure). Have you had any luck?
I've ordered an OEM Nokia A/V cable that is supposed to have the correct pin-out and the latest cm-11-20160815-NIGHTLY-captivatemtd appears to have the tv out feature.
Will edit this post or thread with results.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)