Captivate, need to root

Search This thread

Nagy07

Dec 13, 2011
I have a captivate on 2.3.5 uckj3 that I'd like to root and bump up a few android versions. The problem is every thread I've been through trying to achieve this has missing/broken links. Does anyone happen to have a file that i could flash in Odin to get this under way? Or point me somewhere that has a working download link?

Thanks,
Aaron

RVC46

Dec 5, 2014
Yes, this may be a large problem. I have made numerous attempts to root my SGH-i897 to no avail. I was able to locate an older version (i.e., below 2.0) of SuperOneClick from CLShortFuse and this may work but, I have note had to time test this. However, my phone is also on Froyo (2.2). I will try to find this older version and send it to you. Additionally, you may want to search YouTube. The best information I found was from someone using an older version of SuperOneClick and the Android SDK rather than the GUI.

1/1/2017 - Found it! Please note I obtained this recently here on XDA yet, have not had time to devote to attempting to root my SGH-i897. I was also trying to locate the YouTube reference to a member that rooted their Captivate using v1.7 but, have not had time to follow through on this issue either. I will persevere because, I need the reference too!

I have a captivate on 2.3.5 uckj3 that I'd like to root and bump up a few android versions. The problem is every thread I've been through trying to achieve this has missing/broken links. Does anyone happen to have a file that i could flash in Odin to get this under way? Or point me somewhere that has a working download link?

Thanks,
Aaron

Attachments

• SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse.zip
    178 bytes · Views: 208
Last edited: