/* * Your probably long expired warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Installation Instructions - Thanks Ophidian_DarkCore!
Make sure to do the following before flashing this rom: flash this https://mega.nz/#!YBYXGTRI!7NscLqn13...qmc1y3ktvtQIsw in odin https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0J...NW8/view?pli=1
Gingerbread bootloader is required, you must have previously been on cm11 before using this rom, otherwise go to one of the cm11 threads and follow the 'from stock' instructions.
- 1. Read "Things to take note of" below
- 2. Wipe system, data, and cache paritions (just in case)
- 3. Install zip
- 4. If you want root (SuperSU) or Gapps, install them now (or later, if you so desire)
The first boot can take several minutes. Be patient. If it takes 10+ minutes, pull the battery and reboot to recovery.
Things to Take Note Of
- The RIL (aka data, SMS, calls, etc) is NON-FUNCTIONAL.
- Humberos (the i9000 maintainer) has moved on to different projects which means no first-gen Galaxy S devices are being actively maintained. Builds may break at any time!
- Selinux is currently in permissive mode. I'm not sure whether or not it can be switched to enforcing without breaking things
- The USB connection is MTP and not mass storage as Omni has removed mass storage. Unfortunately, it sometimes is super-duper slow. In recovery there is still an option to mount as mass storage device.
- Live wallpapers are not present as this definitely qualifies as a low-ram device...
- Tv-out support is not present. It was removed upstream and I don't want to bother adding it back in.
- This build is very close to the official omni source code. This means that the recovery is TWRP and there aren't any added "features"
In order to get it rooted, you need to install SuperSu.
- Gapps slow down the i9000 and Galaxy S 4G significantly so tread carefully.
- Backup Backup Backup! I'm not responsible for you losing any data.
- It boots!
- Seriously, I'm not exactly sure what else works. I suspect that most other functions including Bluetooth and auto-brightness work but I'm not sure
- RIL, cause I removed it...
- Some of the soft keys (possibly fixed in latest build)
- You tell me...
Everything else is not tested!!!
Unofficial OmniRom 5.1 for the Samsung Fascinate, ROM for the Samsung Fascinate
xc-racer99, Ophidian_DarkCore, humberos
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: MTD Rom
Based On: OmniRom
Last Updated 2015-08-01