FORUMS

Oneclickroot Tech messed up my phone and wants me to ship to Puerto Rico

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By trose554, Junior Member on 16th July 2017, 09:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I paid OneClickRoot to root my phone and recover my deleted and messages (one mms is very important). However, I received horrible service. First tech was connected either 4.5 hours or 6.5 hours (can't remember) but he could not get it rooted. The second tech did a horrible job. Once he found out that my phone had an image of a "phone..triangle with !..pc" he disconnected the gotoassist session.

The tech support claimed he had connection issues. I received the first Citrix recording but not the second where the tech messed the phone up. A lot went on between us the next few days and they refused to connect a tech or release the recording to me. I wad in the process of turning them into the BBB when I suddenly received the managing partners cell #.

He admitted the tech screwed up and used the wrong file. Good thing I record my calls. He has connected three times and cannot save the device. I can get to download mode though so I hear the phone is able to be saved still. I still need the data from it though so wiping it completely clean is not an option because the data is for two separate court cases. One of the cases is a custody case for my children so this is incredibly important to me. The data was not factory reset but merely deleted.

The phone is Galaxy S Facinate (maybe mesmerize?).

Hardware version: i500.04
Firmware version: 2.3.5.
Build #: sch-i500.eh03

When Sean ran Odin3 v1.83 the attachment is what he received...(how do i add an image on this site)

Any advice on what they need to do next would greatly be appreciated. I am not servicing the phone since OneClickRoot messed it up but I am willing to do the research for them so they can remote back in.
16th July 2017, 09:27 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trose554

I paid OneClickRoot to root my phone and recover my deleted and messages (one mms is very important). However, I received horrible service. First tech was connected either 4.5 hours or 6.5 hours (can't remember) but he could not get it rooted. The second tech did a horrible job. Once he found out that my phone had an image of a "phone..triangle with !..pc" he disconnected the gotoassist session.

The tech support claimed he had connection issues. I received the first Citrix recording but not the second where the tech messed the phone up. A lot went on between us the next few days and they refused to connect a tech or release the recording to me. I wad in the process of turning them into the BBB when I suddenly received the managing partners cell #.

He admitted the tech screwed up and used the wrong file. Good thing I record my calls. He has connected three times and cannot save the device. I can get to download mode though so I hear the phone is able to be saved still. I still need the data from it though so wiping it completely clean is not an option because the data is for two separate court cases. One of the cases is a custody case for my children so this is incredibly important to me. The data was not factory reset but merely deleted.

The phone is Galaxy S Facinate (maybe mesmerize?).

Hardware version: i500.04
Firmware version: 2.3.5.
Build #: sch-i500.eh03

When Sean ran Odin3 v1.83 the attachment is what he received...(how do i add an image on this site)

Any advice on what they need to do next would greatly be appreciated. I am not servicing the phone since OneClickRoot messed it up but I am willing to do the research for them so they can remote back in.

I cannot find out how to post an image but I will type it out below.

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
16th July 2017, 09:31 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
The tech was using these files on Odin3 v1.83 (he tried other versions of odin as well)

PIT: atlas_v2.2.pit
PDA: CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5

He had these option boxes check marked:

Re-Partition
Auto Reboot
F.Reset Time

He had these Files [Download] check marked:
PDA
16th July 2017, 10:15 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Moment of clarity...the phone was in perfect condition prior to any techs messing with it. They still will not release the second Citrix recording so I can look into exactly where the 2nd tech screwed it all up. Sean Richard - Managing Partner/Customer Relations at Support King LLC (OneClickRoot) is the 3rd person from their company that took it over. He does seem genuinely concerned that their company botched this like they did but that does not change the fact that it happened. He has connected a few different times both early and late but basically tries the same techniques each time and then asks me to ship the phone to him in Puerto Rico. I seriously doubt my attorney will allow that but I did message him to give him a heads up on the request. Sean could easily say that he never received the phone, the phone was never messed up, he sent the phone back, or any number of things. In addition to that, he does not live in the states like I do so it would be incredibly hard to enforce anything on his company once I sent the phone. Sounds like a horrible idea. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
16th July 2017, 10:21 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
I work as a Systems Admin and one of the guys that I work with use to mess with Odin a lot and he mentioned that he thinks the 2nd tech cooked the ROM when he selected a bad file. Does that sound right? I have researched the root process so many times and I always receive different information. Even getting the phone into download mode I would hear to use a 3 finger restart...power button, both volume keys, and home button. Each of his techs suggested the same. Including him.

The volume keys are a pivot button and I came across an article reading to use Volume Down with the battery out and only one side of cable plugged into the phone. Pop battery back in and plug the other end to the laptop. That is what finally got the phone back to download mode. Does anyone know exactly which version of Samsung Phone that does download mode like that? I can't remember if it was US Cellular or Verizon because it has been so long but I believe knowing the 100% correct information on the phone would have been a good start for the techs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)