Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

home.png
backupname.png

Disclaimer:
- I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
- Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
- Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox TZ Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
- Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).
- If you like my work please hit the "Thanks" button to support me. You're also free to donate me via my donation link here in XDA.

What is TWRP?
Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

How to flash and setup it completely?
- First, make sure your phone isn't RMM Locked.
- Download Odin3 v3.13.1, Samsung USB Drivers, latest TWRP's tar for your variant, latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and RMM Bypass v3 zip.
- Go to Settings App, Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock (If you don't see Developer Settings, go into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer Options menu).
- Do a backup of all your important data and files in your phone.
- Shutdown the phone. Once it's off, Power it On in Download Mode (Plug your USB Cable in your phone while pressing Vol + and Vol - buttons together)
- Connect your phone in your PC, open Odin3, go in Option section and untick "Auto-reboot". Once that click the "AP" button and select the TWRP tar you downloaded before, then press the "Start" button.
- Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a "PASS" message), force reboot your phone (Press and hold Power and Vol - buttons together) and once the screen is off, press and hold Power and Vol + buttons together to boot in TWRP.
- Once TWRP is booted you first need to decrypt your /data partition. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery. TWRP should be able to mount your data partition. Now copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip you downloaded before and flash them (touch Install and select each zip to flash it)
- You're now able to reboot to your OS without re-encrypting /data partition and without RMM Prenormal lock.

Download:
Galaxy J6/On6 (j6lte):
https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_samsung_j6ltedx/releases/latest

Sources:
Device Tree: https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_samsung_j6ltedx

Changelog:
Check Post #2.

Exynos 7870 Community Telegram Group:
Invite Link

Credits:
- Samsung for kernel source code
- TeamWin for their awesome recovery
- @Dyneteve & @surendrajat

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for Galaxy J6/On6, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J

Contributors
BlackMesa123, Dyneteve
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.3-0
Stable Release Date: 2018-08-02

Created 2018-07-22
Last Updated 2018-08-02

Last edited:

BlackMesa123

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy J5
Users please download new TWRP from the main link in OP, it should work now; also please notice I'm not anymore the maintainer (I don't have enough time to fix mine and didn't want to leave a useless thread) but @Dyneteve and @surendrajat are, and I'm just linking their recovery here to also use this thread as a point of discussion for J6/On6 users. That's all for now, enjoy and buy them a beer if you can! ;)

Last edited:

raj2k8

May 1, 2013
twrp installed but unable root tried super and magisk both bt not rooting

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

@surendrajat @Dyneteve
twrp installed but unable root tried super and magisk both bt not rooting kindly help

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

@surendrajat @Dyneteve
twrp installed but unable root tried super and magisk both bt not rooting kindly help

spks62178

Aug 12, 2018
I shutdown the phone and hold power + volume up + volume down but I'm unable to boot into download mode. The phone just keeps rebooting.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Anyone using Lineage GSI on J600G??

Attie2

Feb 4, 2017
I shutdown the phone and hold power + volume up + volume down but I'm unable to boot into download mode. The phone just keeps rebooting.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Anyone using Lineage GSI on J600G??

Hi. You must plug in the USB cable while holding down the volume keys. Then is will go into download mode.

For recovery mode. Hold down volume up then press and hold power. When Samsung J6 logo appears release both buttons

ankitkumarbh

Aug 14, 2016
Ara
Hi,
I can able to root SM-J600G via Magisk.
follow just few steps
first of all backup your data

Enable OEM unlock via developer options

flash twrp recovery & go immediately recovery mode
put these files in external sdcard
1. flash RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2.zip
2. flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
3. Rest factory via twrp recovery
4. flash Magisk-v17.1(17100).zip

Finally reboot device.

sanketmr121

Apr 22, 2018
Kolhapur
Worked on my galaxy j6 2018 (SM J600g)

Followed the steps as mentioned in the thread and I got twrp installed on my phone in first attempt.
Recovery working fine, no major issues found, and also successfully rooted the phone with magisk 17.
A big thanks to the developer cause I was able to completely remove 180 Samsung bloats from my phone.
Waiting for custom roms for this model, anybody working on it ?

Reactions: Aymaan147147

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

home.png
    backupname.png

Disclaimer:
    - I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
    - Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
    - Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox TZ Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
    - Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).
    - If you like my work please hit the "Thanks" button to support me. You're also free to donate me via my donation link here in XDA.

What is TWRP?
    Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
    In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

How to flash and setup it completely?
    - First, make sure your phone isn't RMM Locked.
    - Download Odin3 v3.13.1, Samsung USB Drivers, latest TWRP's tar for your variant, latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and RMM Bypass v3 zip.
    - Go to Settings App, Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock (If you don't see Developer Settings, go into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer Options menu).
    - Do a backup of all your important data and files in your phone.
    - Shutdown the phone. Once it's off, Power it On in Download Mode (Plug your USB Cable in your phone while pressing Vol + and Vol - buttons together)
    - Connect your phone in your PC, open Odin3, go in Option section and untick "Auto-reboot". Once that click the "AP" button and select the TWRP tar you downloaded before, then press the "Start" button.
    - Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a "PASS" message), force reboot your phone (Press and hold Power and Vol - buttons together) and once the screen is off, press and hold Power and Vol + buttons together to boot in TWRP.
    - Once TWRP is booted you first need to decrypt your /data partition. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
    - Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery. TWRP should be able to mount your data partition. Now copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip you downloaded before and flash them (touch Install and select each zip to flash it)
    - You're now able to reboot to your OS without re-encrypting /data partition and without RMM Prenormal lock.

Download:
    Galaxy J6/On6 (j6lte):
    https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_samsung_j6ltedx/releases/latest

Sources:
    Device Tree: https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_samsung_j6ltedx

Changelog:
    Check Post #2.

Exynos 7870 Community Telegram Group:
    Invite Link

Credits:
    - Samsung for kernel source code
    - TeamWin for their awesome recovery
    - @Dyneteve & @surendrajat

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for Galaxy J6/On6, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J