FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SM-S550TL Root Instructions

529 posts
Thanks Meter: 121

By hydroman202, Senior Member on 12th February 2017, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Finally, I have managed to achieve root on this device. Below is the instructions on how I managed to root. The below steps worked for me, but there is a possibility that they won't work for you, Im not 100% sure. They should though. This is for the SM-S550TL only. Also, this will void your warranty. Only Follow the below tutorial if you are comfortable with it, READ VERY CAREFULLY! I assume no responsibility for your actions, in any way, shape, or form. You try this at your own risk, That being said, here are the instructions:

SIDE NOTE: YOU CANNOT FLASH TWRP, IT WILL LOCK YOUR DEVICE WITH "THIS DEVICE HAS BEEN FLASHED WITH UNAUTHORIZED SOFTWARE" MESSAGE. DO NOT ATTEMPT! BE VERY CAREFUL AS WELL WITH WHAT YOU DO WITH THE ROOT ACCESS, UNLESS YOU ALREADY HAVE THE STOCK FIRMWARE FROM ANOTHER SOURCE AND CAN RESTORE WITH ODIN!

1. Flash the boot.tar with the lastest odin (download for odin not included). from the following link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...nFJNTBKZmJMdlE
It will change your SElinux mode to permissive.

2. You will need to find a way to disable or block all knox packages, (I had to use the paid samsung package disabler off google play). Another alternative is use the debloater tool, (google is your friend on how to find it). although you need to be careful if going this route on what you block, unless you have the stock firmware for flashing with odin.

3. Download The latest version of Kingroot and make sure your device is either plugged in or has a 50% or higher charge.

4. Run kingroot, If your device freezes, or goes to the "kernel panic upload mode", during the root process, DONT PANIC, Pull battery and reboot into the android os, It may take anywhere from 1-5 tries to get root, (at least this was my experience).

5. Again, I assume no responsibility for you actions, you try the above at your own risk. Enjoy being a root user if the above works for you!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hydroman202 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hydroman202 Ad-Free
12th February 2017, 11:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it is working
thank you for your instruction, finally kicked the ass of tracfone
13th February 2017, 06:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
root verified.
Device rooted, used SuperSu-Me Pro to switch from KingRoot to SuperSu, all thanks go to hydroman202
The Following User Says Thank You to daryl2347 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daryl2347 Ad-Free
13th February 2017, 11:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Worked for me too. Thanks. So theres no way to install cfw yet right?
13th February 2017, 11:43 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierny

Worked for me too. Thanks. So theres no way to install cfw yet right?

As of right now, I don't think there is a way, but I could be wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to hydroman202 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hydroman202 Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 11:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sim unlock
Is it possible to sim unlock after rooting this model?
The Following User Says Thank You to marcarpz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcarpz Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 04:25 PM |#7  

More
listo ahora abra alguna forma de desbloquearlo:RE
14th February 2017, 05:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcarpz

Is it possible to sim unlock after rooting this model?

Let me know if it is possible

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dalvjin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dalvjin Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 07:58 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalvjin

Let me know if it is possible

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

como quito el molesto mensaje su dispositivo fue modificado ya que me sale cada 2 minutos gracias .
15th February 2017, 09:40 PM |#10  

More
A mi me esta dando un falso root. Me da exito al finalizar el rooteo pero cuando corro el root-checker me dice que el dispositivo no tiene root, tambien me dice lo mismo cuando intento desbloquearlo con la octopus-box.
Si me pueden ayusar, no se que estoy haciendo mal
18th February 2017, 06:30 PM |#11  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 87

Donate to Me
More
Worked for me! Thanks a million @hydroman202 and @daryl2347!!!

Now that it's rooted has anybody tried flashing anything with FlashFire or Flashify? I'd be most interested in any method to get a Stock OpenGapps package on there to replace the Samsung/TouchWiz crap.

Man, I hate TracFone! De-Bloating, de-SIMlocking and de-TouchWizzing this baby ain't gonna be easy....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung-galaxy-on5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)