Charging speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

JSK0703

Sep 26, 2009
My phone arrived with 54% charge. It took about 40min to charge to full. Will do some more complete testing over the next few days.

Reactions: ObsidianBlade

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
The charge speed is something im a bit concerned about. I've noticed charging while the phone is on significantly slows down the charging process. To the point where 10 minutes went by on "super fast charging" and the phone only increased 1% in charge. The minute I laid the phone down screen off and the charging went significantly faster.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

seanbwoi

Aug 4, 2012
Manhattan
Yes because if your using the phone or the phone screen is on your consuming battery life while your charging so it's going to be slower charging than if the screen was off.

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
Yes because if your using the phone or the phone screen is on your consuming battery life while your charging so it's going to be slower charging than if the screen was off.
The issue i have is my note 10+ didn't have this issue nor any phone I've ever used. I could be gaming on my note and it would charge normally.

JSK0703

Sep 26, 2009
8% to a full charge took 1hr 15min. Haven’t tried charging while using the device at the same time yet.

JSK0703

Sep 26, 2009
If you end up trying it, post your results here please, I'm quite curious. Thanks!

I tried a quick test by running the battery down to 90% and then launching a game on the big screen. (Clash Royale) Plugged in the charger while playing and it topped off in just a few minutes. Going to run it down to 50% tonight and repeat the test.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

JSK0703

Sep 26, 2009
Repeated the test, this time I had the battery at 55%. Played WGT Golf while charging. Default settings which had screen brightness are 30%. Battery topped off in 46 min.

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
Repeated the test, this time I had the battery at 55%. Played WGT Golf while charging. Default settings which had screen brightness are 30%. Battery topped off in 46 min.

Thank you for the tests, I'll have to take a look and see if it's just me, the charger or the phone.

lynseyw

Oct 23, 2007
San Diego
For some reason my phone is taking 6hrs to fully charge from zero on the Samsung fast charging dual pad. What is going on?

jimmyz

Jun 29, 2007
I hooked up my USB c gizmo.... only saw max 18w charging using a variety of cables and chargers with fold 2. I'm coming from a note 10+ where I saw 45w max. What gives?

Trem

Jul 13, 2008
For some reason my phone is taking 6hrs to fully charge from zero on the Samsung fast charging dual pad. What is going on?

Has the charging pad been used to charge other devices and worked as it should? Is the pads own plug and cable being used as they could determine the charge speed too.

On the Fold 2, is fast wireless charging enabled? If you go to the Battery settings in Device Care at the bottom there's Charging. Make sure both Fast Charging and Fast Wireless Charging are on. You can schedule the fast wireless charging to turn off at night so it charges more slowly and, if the charger is compatible, the charging light dims and the cooling fan doesn't turn on.

I only charge wirelessly using the Samsung 15w wireless charging stand and have the Fold 2 scheduled to turn off Fast charge at night. This turns off the chargers fan and dims the light.

lynseyw

Oct 23, 2007
San Diego
All of that is checked. My note 10+ was fine. This is slow as ****. Not the pad. Watch does fine etc. It charges at 12w. Oh well. I guess if I want it fast I'll just have to plug it in.

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
All of that is checked. My note 10+ was fine. This is slow as ****. Not the pad. Watch does fine etc. It charges at 12w. Oh well. I guess if I want it fast I'll just have to plug it in.

I have the same issue. Wireless charging has been abysmal at best.

lynseyw

Oct 23, 2007
San Diego
Glad it's not just me. Still love the phone. I usually charge it when I'm sleeping so it's fine. Might have to give it a refresh cable charge before bed so it's not at zero when I go to bed.

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
Glad it's not just me. Still love the phone. I usually charge it when I'm sleeping so it's fine. Might have to give it a refresh cable charge before bed so it's not at zero when I go to bed.

It's definitely a new experience for me with the charging. I came from a oneplus 7 pro to the note 10+ to this and those could go from dead to full in under 40 minutes. This phone is much slower charging overall. I Def. Don't regret buying it, i just wish it came with a cheap case to get me by until good ones were out and the charging was on point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My phone arrived with 54% charge. It took about 40min to charge to full. Will do some more complete testing over the next few days.
    The charge speed is something im a bit concerned about. I've noticed charging while the phone is on significantly slows down the charging process. To the point where 10 minutes went by on "super fast charging" and the phone only increased 1% in charge. The minute I laid the phone down screen off and the charging went significantly faster.

The issue i have is my note 10+ didn't have this issue nor any phone I've ever used. I could be gaming on my note and it would charge normally.