[Q] Best version for s8500 wave?

Search This thread

Ranmamez

Jun 16, 2012
I drop using my Wave long ago, even tho in the meanwhile I used it to watch some spanish streaming tv with the tv output on a crt tv, but now I want to change its OS with a nice version of android, to have a backup of my main android phone (a Vodafone Smart Mini/875 with jellybean 4.1.1) that's actually giving me some troubles.
So now I'm a bit lost, I already found and read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/samsung-tizen/general/list-android-roms-samsung-wave-gt-s8500-t2842566 where there's some kind of a list of the actual custom portings, but not all states the android version, besides it seems to not include the 5.* lollipop versions.
What I want to install is a complete and hopefully stable version, it doesn't need to be lollipop/5.*, expecially if it doesn't give any benefit except to being the newest/up-to-date but it eats more ram memory (that with only 512 Mb is an issue, the 875 have the same amount and with jb eats up more or less 400Mb~), and I need (almost) every feature available on Bada being present on Android too (like: tv output, camera button, bluetooth, wifi, 2g/3g/3.5g data/voice/txt, etc.).
I'm just asking to point me (/suggesting) to the right direction (thread/release) to the best or better options available for me.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Asgaro

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
Man , i will answer you but you better do what i say , cause it is the only truth

Badadroid project start with a couple of an amazing developers , those formed the porting team
the first ROM to be ported to wave was developed by Rebellos and Volk204
after that Volk204 took the project by himself

so:
Any ROMs by volk204 are worth using
Any other ROM you see are just kang/copie of his work by some amateurs , and are without actual support (not if Volk204 doesn't fix the problem himself )

I recommend you using OMni rom 4.4.4 by volk204 and flash RIL fix from this post
RIL update 20.12.2014 https://yadi.sk/d/kvYUiq6QdWSdD
- SMS fixes
just flash it via TWRP

Omni Lollipop are not for daily use , major problem with it ; is the low free memory , apps will just close , you can't use (for me Endomondo + Music ) it will work to certain point ; than Android will kill one of the 2 apps

Fellow my Guide , it has most of the thing you need
The complete Optimization Guide for Omni Rom (4.4 and Lollipop)

And in earlier this year an another Recognized developer here on XDA "Alberto96" got an interest in developing ROM for wave1/wave2
he released a nice ROM , and now the links are dead , but he is BACK and he is working on his trademark ROM "GearCM" for our wave and from what i see in the his Github , it gonna be awesome

So :
Best ROM now (actual one ROM exist , it is not like i will tell something new ) [ROM][WIP][NAND] Omni 4.4 - 11.12.2014 By volk204 (don not install Gapps)
Best ROM ( Future release :D) GearCM by alberto96 fellow his GIthub https://github.com/Alberto96?tab=activity

so what are the other ROMs released by Rebellos and Volk204:
it been like this since the very earlier day of Badadroid
Bugs fix go along with ROM updates , they didn't work on the same android version , every couple and there a major bug fix come with the Cyanogen source update
So anything less than Omni 4.4 (11.12.2014) has more bugs .

i must mention
Senior member Hero355 he did work on a promising ROM (Smartkat) by he got busy with life and let the project unfinished . But his Bada 2.0 Turko Rom is just Great
Senior member BenzoX he did work on Dual boot (Bada/android) and Dual android rom boot, he did work on nand and sd ROM (he is also got busy and let some things not fixed ) s

some people are using this unfinished Alpha projects , what do you expect from their ROMs :crying:

there is nothing else you need to know :)

Kind regards :angel:

Last edited:

Dsebas91

Oct 20, 2017
What should I do, if after installing some gapps (not the ones from here) the phone goes with a black screen after starting omni? it only shows the notification bar

Dsebas91

Oct 20, 2017
What ROM you installed ?

Omni 4.4 by volk204, but I figured it out, wipe some data in recovery and I could reflash the ROM again and flash other gapps.. but now, I'm having trouble with the Google play services last update , it's laggy.. I'm trying to optimize the rom with the guide by @ice_ice where there's a section to put the Google play services like it wasn't never installed...but I'm cannot find the option WAKEUP with the 3C Tools app to disable it, I can't disable other services of Google play services becase the phone it's so slow that it shuts down after a while and I can't make it...

Do you think that the YouTube App and whatsapp will work fine if I uninstall the updates? I mean, That would be easier to make, because the updates are killing the ram... It's my dad's phone, so he just need whatsapp, something to check the Facebook (I installed the lite version), YouTube and Something to open Gmail (any reasonable lite app for Gmail?)

Union_Jack

Dec 24, 2015
Moscow
Dsebas91 , I use the 4.4.4 by djkoloda without installing, gapps .
All the apps I downloaded in *.apk files.
Recommend YouTube_v4.1.47.apk .
Gmail I checked by logging into account from a standard browser.
Sync contacts with Google through a program of CardDav-Sync.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Man , i will answer you but you better do what i say , cause it is the only truth

Badadroid project start with a couple of an amazing developers , those formed the porting team
    the first ROM to be ported to wave was developed by Rebellos and Volk204
    after that Volk204 took the project by himself

so:
    Any ROMs by volk204 are worth using
    Any other ROM you see are just kang/copie of his work by some amateurs , and are without actual support (not if Volk204 doesn't fix the problem himself )

I recommend you using OMni rom 4.4.4 by volk204 and flash RIL fix from this post
    RIL update 20.12.2014 https://yadi.sk/d/kvYUiq6QdWSdD
    - SMS fixes
    just flash it via TWRP

Omni Lollipop are not for daily use , major problem with it ; is the low free memory , apps will just close , you can't use (for me Endomondo + Music ) it will work to certain point ; than Android will kill one of the 2 apps

Fellow my Guide , it has most of the thing you need
    The complete Optimization Guide for Omni Rom (4.4 and Lollipop)

And in earlier this year an another Recognized developer here on XDA "Alberto96" got an interest in developing ROM for wave1/wave2
    he released a nice ROM , and now the links are dead , but he is BACK and he is working on his trademark ROM "GearCM" for our wave and from what i see in the his Github , it gonna be awesome

So :
    Best ROM now (actual one ROM exist , it is not like i will tell something new ) [ROM][WIP][NAND] Omni 4.4 - 11.12.2014 By volk204 (don not install Gapps)
    Best ROM ( Future release :D) GearCM by alberto96 fellow his GIthub https://github.com/Alberto96?tab=activity

so what are the other ROMs released by Rebellos and Volk204:
    it been like this since the very earlier day of Badadroid
    Bugs fix go along with ROM updates , they didn't work on the same android version , every couple and there a major bug fix come with the Cyanogen source update
    So anything less than Omni 4.4 (11.12.2014) has more bugs .

i must mention
    Senior member Hero355 he did work on a promising ROM (Smartkat) by he got busy with life and let the project unfinished . But his Bada 2.0 Turko Rom is just Great
    Senior member BenzoX he did work on Dual boot (Bada/android) and Dual android rom boot, he did work on nand and sd ROM (he is also got busy and let some things not fixed ) s

some people are using this unfinished Alpha projects , what do you expect from their ROMs :crying:

there is nothing else you need to know :)

Kind regards :angel:
    Dsebas91 , I use the 4.4.4 by djkoloda without installing, gapps .
    All the apps I downloaded in *.apk files.
    Recommend YouTube_v4.1.47.apk .
    Gmail I checked by logging into account from a standard browser.
    Sync contacts with Google through a program of CardDav-Sync.
    I drop using my Wave long ago, even tho in the meanwhile I used it to watch some spanish streaming tv with the tv output on a crt tv, but now I want to change its OS with a nice version of android, to have a backup of my main android phone (a Vodafone Smart Mini/875 with jellybean 4.1.1) that's actually giving me some troubles.
    So now I'm a bit lost, I already found and read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/samsung-tizen/general/list-android-roms-samsung-wave-gt-s8500-t2842566 where there's some kind of a list of the actual custom portings, but not all states the android version, besides it seems to not include the 5.* lollipop versions.
    What I want to install is a complete and hopefully stable version, it doesn't need to be lollipop/5.*, expecially if it doesn't give any benefit except to being the newest/up-to-date but it eats more ram memory (that with only 512 Mb is an issue, the 875 have the same amount and with jb eats up more or less 400Mb~), and I need (almost) every feature available on Bada being present on Android too (like: tv output, camera button, bluetooth, wifi, 2g/3g/3.5g data/voice/txt, etc.).
    I'm just asking to point me (/suggesting) to the right direction (thread/release) to the best or better options available for me.
    Thank you in advance!