The complete Badadroid NAND ROMs Optimization/Infos Guide (Omni Rom and GearCM)

Search This thread

Dsebas91

Oct 20, 2017
Hello, I'm trying to find the WAKEUP option. Did it change the name with an update or what? Help! The phone is so lagggy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QQ2nKdW.png

I guess , it is about time to move my ass and do something useful in here :p
    In this Guide i will try to provide you with the best optimization for the roms , based solely on my use and testing for the past days :angel: , so lets get started
    As always , basic knowledge is required at least , you know how to do a Nand backup in TWRP , so make sure you know what you are doing
    It is better if you do this on a clean install​

Note : i'm merging the guide for the two roms , but i will provided side tips for each rom if needed
    Note 2 : lollipop is still , in early stages in development and if you didn't already know , there has been a bug that hit the wave in his weak point "Ram"
    second to that there is a great lag in dialer , so that making calls or receive them , will give you a headache , read further in links
    Lollipop memory leak http://www.xda-developers.com/lollipop-memory-leak-fixed/
    Dialer lag https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=81593
    https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=82949
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/lag-dialer-contacts-t1958171/page2
    i will provide you with my work around on this bug

Note 3 : due to memory leaking sometimes the phone just reboot ,

Note 4: Omni 4.4 / Lollipop / GearCM /better :confused: , honestly for now i only recommend using Omni 4.4 (NAND) or GearCM (NAND) i tested/used it for long time with no major bugs . but looking forward to the next release of Lollipop

Reviews
    Omni review by Hero355

GearCM review

Lollipop review

How to Install Android Lollipop on Samsung wave devices

Best Roms (Very stable and recommended for daily use)

Tip 1 : note that some of this tweaks will take place after you reboot your phone
    Tip 2: Start this Guide by deactivating All "other sounds" in sound settings .

1- Apps you gonna need / recommended / and Gapps
    As stated by @volk204
    GAPPS make our ROM slowler, because also slim GAPPS take about 15-20 MB RAM permanently
    I use PICO MODULAR PACKAGE from http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900
    *Do NOT install Gapps unless you really need them , specially with Lollipop , (NB : note that i don't use Gapps , and this Guide is based on that)
    *Use an apk downloader website and search for your application , download, put them on the sd card , and install . couldn't be any easier :cowboy:
    *Root you rom http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1538053
    *Download those APKs
    To remove android bloatware System app remover (ROOT) (if Lollipop) Andromizer (if omni)

To replace native browser : Opera Mini (for casual browsing on 3G ,fast ,save battery and data) and Atlas web browser (an great browser , with awesome features that will be more useful on the wave)

Apps/Ram/battery saver : Greenify
    Tweaking the kernel : [ROOT] Kernel Tweaker
    File manager : CM file manager 1.0.2 search for it , or download it from the attachment .
    Video player : Mx player

2- Install the above apps and remove those
    Use andromizer (omni 4..4) or System app remover (Lollipop) to remove the following apps , and reboot (and remove andromizer/System app remover , you don't need them anymore )
    ukADzHB.png

you don't need most of those apks , and you could remove more , those are the apps i don't need , and probably so do you , i recommend you remove them
    Q: What those apps do ? is it safe to remove them ?
    A: Safe , yes . read further in this guide What Android Apps(Bloatware) are Safe to Remove?

3-Battery Calibration / Voltage control / Kernel governors

*you probably already know this , there is no such apk that do battery calibration or saving battery , our amazing devs already put so much effort in tweaking the kernel to safe battery .
    a Software will never repair a hardware
    *but before all that (calibrate) it by : draining your battery until the phone shut down , try turning it on again to make sure battery is truly low
    the trick is to fully charging it in Bada mode , by pluging the charge in while pressing the call button (phone off).

*Voltage control :
    • 100 Hz and 200 Hz work on the same voltage , seeing that most of time in state are in 100 HZ and in this frequency ,CPU would take more time to accomplish tasks than in 200HZ , it is only logical to reduce the voltage on 100 HZ ,
    • you need a 3rd parties apps to modify the value as the original Dev asks to not implement the code the rom directly (use [ROOT] Kernel Tweaker) .
    • i played with value and here is the value the phone freeze at it (governors was set to performance , and max value is the freq tested).
    • phone freeze at this value 100HZ-750mv 200HZ-800mv 400HZ-875mv 800HZ-1075mv 1000HZ-1175mv
    • i used 100 mv (Omni) 125 mv (lollipop) above this setting , with no freezing or problems , you can push it further and test it more
    • Use kernel tweaker , under the UV table, enter the voltage value , make sure to give root permission and set it to apply value on boot , and reboot.
    N05uosc.png

*Kernel Governors:
    -For omni 4.4 , i really like what i have on interactive 100-1000 mhz , i didn't tweak it but you surely could , if you want ;
    read this [REF][TWEAKS] Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers, CPU Tweaks, AIO App Configs before you make any dummy change :D

NB : make sure to note this , as the wave now is considered a low end device , some governors will put a reverse effect on battery , for example setting the governors on Conservative will drain battery much more .
    Since the processor will run on low frequency , it will take it much time to do tasks , and therefore it will consume much likely than it do on high frequency , roughly 5 seconds on 200mhz consume more than 3 seconds on 800mhz
    Further more you we'll notice a slight lag , due to the fact that the conservative governor increases and decreases CPU speed more gradually. Simply put, this governor increases the frequency step by step on CPU load and jumps to lowest frequency on CPU idle.
    so if you use heavy tasks apps on your mobile i don't recommend using "conservative" , it is much suited with daily life usage (calling , messaging , casual browsing ...)

ok : (tested for Omni 4.4)
    you need Performance : Go with 100-1200 interactive
    In the middle : Go with 100-1200 conservative
    Battery safe : Go with 100-1000 conservative

-For Lollipop; well for starter interactive on 100-1200 mhz is a nice choice , i will dig it further and report ;)

*Battery Testing : 100-1000 Mhz interactive
    Playing movie from Sd card on full brightness drain battery by 12.17%/hour about 7 hours and half play time at full brightness
    Sz3m8oB.png

on Standby , don't expect so much , battery drain at 0.9 to 1.2 %/ hours on (3G mode , Auto sync deactivated ),so about 110 hours (4 days and half) :fingers-crossed:
    85ud6vk.png

4-Ram management software
    Ram manager or such software is just a bull****, there is a saying i read it a while ago on xda that "A free Ram is a wasted Ram " so don't try to kill apps because they just take more battery and resources when they relaunch .

5-Using Greenify : (donated version recommended)
    Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery , with that been said
    Do not Greenify any app that you use a lot or an app that relaunch itself like "download manager" "Google play services " it will only cost you your battery life
    For example you can greenify mail.apk if you disable auto-sync

For me ;
    dsMSqdR.jpg

6- Gapps (what if i need google play service)
    -well ; note that there 's always an alternative to any apk that require Google play service , Google oblige you to use them , so that they push you some Ads and keep track of your location :laugh: , maybe isn't quite true , but i like to believe so .
    -any way here is what you need to do :

*Install Gapps link
    *Log to your Google account let it update "Google Play service" and "Play store"
    *Download 3C Toolbox Aka Android tuner
    *Disable play store , it will ask you to remove updated , say yes (activated it when needed)
    *Disable also : Google contact sync , Google calender sync (if you do not sync events from your google account) , Google backup transport ( backing up data to your google account , also disable if not needed)

it will get a little tricky here so :fingers-crossed: :angel: and Say thanks to xda assist @timmaaa for his guide , (i retouched it a little :eek: )
    *Go to setting - Apps permissions - Google play services and put every thing to off
    CYiJCAV.png

*Next step we gonna reduce the wake locks of Google play service to the point , like it was never installed :highfive:
    *Open 3C toolbox , give it root access , pull out the side menu, scroll down to the Apps Manager section and select Application Startups. Open the box at the top and change it to All, click the button in the bottom-right until it says System, scroll to Google Play Services and select it, a huge list will open, scroll to very near the bottom and find the Wakeup option, uncheck the box.
    k7QHMBE.jpg

*Go back to the main menu of Android Tuner and pull out the side menu on the left, scroll down to the Apps Manager section and select Application Manager. Click the centre box at the bottom until it says System, scroll to find Google Play Services and highlight it, press the Manage button in the bottom-right and select Permissions. This should bring you to the Perms tab, swipe across to the Services tab. In this list you want to uncheck anything that starts with Ads or Analytics ,Games , Wallet you also want to uncheck anything that starts with com.Google.android.location.reporting as well.

NB: make sure to not ; i repeat to not uncheck this com.Google.android.location.reporting.preference.service . it will cause play services to keep looping and never go to sleep

* if you want to push this further , disable the same services ( Ads or Analytics ,Games , Wallet , location report) from the other tabs (receivers , providers , activities ) be careful to not causing a loop that will keep wack locking your devices , do it at your own risk , it needs more testing :angel:

the result will be like this ;) :p
    dLmHevF.png

screenshot in Google setting when opening "play games" , completely disabled :highfive:
    NB : if you see , a pop up at boot saying , google play service crashed , just click ok , ( crash related to the service not needed , we did disable) , Google play service still work fine with apps and Google maps

Note : remove 3C toolbox (not needed) after you do every step correctly and the apps work as it should

7- Applications :

*Browser :
    Set your default browser to Atlas browser , there 2 awesome thing about this browser :
    1- it offer free Ad block , and Java script pop out windows blocker , and believe me it 'll deliver say thanks for Xda senior member @tliebeck
    2- The "Experience" selector controls what types of rich content are displayed. The "HI-FI" mode provides the full experience, while the "LO-FI" mode disables JavaScript and rich media. Using LO-FI can have a tremendous impact on performance, but may come at the expense of web site functionality. A final "TEXT" option can be useful in critical low-signal situations.
    RightSlide.png

*Mediaplayer :
    from setting Set MX player to always use S/W decoder for online and local , it will give more space to the processor to work .

8-Managing media scans :

Media scan , for multimedia files , runs every times at startup and every time you lunch gallery or take picture , it will scan all folders in your storage and it will take sometimes more than 20 mins to finish , which will cost you some % on battery
    so open CM file manager :
    *one by one select every folder with no playable media like for exemple "android" folder
    *press and hold , and select proprieties
    *check "skip media scan"
    *click ok
    7rA8X82.png

9- Loollipop Caller lag , and Omni 4.4 optimization :

probably there is a bug with the animation scaling , or it is a bug that over eat the ram :confused:
    to fix temporary the lag in Lollipop caller lag ; do the following :
    *Go to developer option
    *scroll down , and turn off the following :
    ebpAuTW.png

NB : note that effects will take place after you reboot your phone
    NB 2: make sure to deactivate All "other sounds" in sound settings .

Appling this on Omni 4.4 will result in so much improvement , specially in opening big apps with boot animation

10- Moving apps and links2sd
    [Guide] partition and link2sd [pictures included for each step] by @sanny5
    Don't use this on Lollipop , there not even the available RAM to open the native apps
    Moving apps to SD , uses at least 30 MB of RAM (Xposed + Modules + Link to SD )
    It is not worth it , even on Omni 4.4 with a few apps installed

11- USB mass storage support
    This only supported in GearCM ROM

12- Mobile Network

Bad Call Quality while on 2G (GPRS & EDGE) Networks (probably related to AMR_WB)
    Dynamic Switching between 2G (GPRS & EDGE) & 3G (UMTS & HSDPA) doesn't work (it is recommended to use 3G Only mode)

13- How to solve encryption is unsuccessful Error :

The problem came from the Data partition being formatted in F2FS format , because you did it or the previous ROM you installed did it automatically

The problem rises when you try to install omni 4.4 , because the kernel has no support for F2FS , and Kernel read data as encrypted and can't do anything

to solve this boot to TWRP , and format everything to "ext4"

Flash rom again

qnogMJA.png

If this Guide helped you in anyway , make sure to thank first xda developers @volk204 @Rebellos @Alberto96 , without their work and effort developing the ROM , this Guide won't be possible .

Thanks also for all the original Badadroid porting team .

enjoy !! :D
    Post updated

GearCM review
    hi tigrouzen it's been long time since we see a rom from you
    i hope you make one because your work is very good :)

Alberto rom it is verry good, just ask him to activated zram (with 180mo) under kernel, and dynamic fs too.

Im working on rockchip tablet. Not any time for Wave, just use it for phone :)
    any way here is some batteries
    *this one is 3,000mAh extended but so ugly :(
    http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=127&m_id=256&a_id=364

*others interesting (samsung wave battery dimensions are 64 mm x 43mm x 5 mm , so some alternative 3rd parties batteries )

2450mah - High capacity golden battery
    Link Dream B494358vu 3.7v 2500mah Li-ion Battery
    maxximus extra power 1700mah for samsung wave
    Link Dream 3.7V 1700mAh Cell Phone Battery EB504465VU for Samsung Admire

Regards