FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][WIP][NAND] Omni 5.1 Lolipop 22.03.2015

366 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,293

By volk204, Inactive Recognized Developer on 16th January 2015, 10:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Android Lolipop 5.1

Let’s emphasize that-- THIS IS AN ALPHA, RELEASED FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH AND GET A SENSE OF WHAT’S TO COME. AND SOME THINGS DOESN’T WORK. REALLY. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING CLOSE TO PERFECTION, WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN COME BACK. MORE EXCITING DISCLAIMERS/WARNINGS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE FOUND BELOW. READ THEM.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
KNOWN BUGS (what doesn't work):

- Modem in 2G mode work incorrect(Network registration don't work with some SIM cards, permanent full signal straight, problem is with audio in calls)
With 3G all is OK, Use this: Settings -> More.. in "wireless&network" category -> Mobile Network -> Preferred Network type -> 3G only
- Conference Calls
- Some problems with audio codec settings, but generally it should
- After Recovery time to time incorrect capacity of battery
- disabled SELINUX
- Camera key don't start camera app
- TV out removed, because it is not working yet
- many custom features from omni is still not merged

SUPPORT
You get none. Zero. Zip. We obligate ourselves to providing nothing further. You are on your own and will have to help each other via this thread. This is provided “as-is”, and if you don’t like it, use Bada or other releases.
We basically lack time to give full dedication to this rom, and we’re looking for skilled devs who know the Android, and/or other things that might be relevant.

Please join us on IRC: some people are on #badadroid (freenode).

NOTE: DEVELOPERS WANTED. Please contact us if you are a developer with something to contribute.
I do heavily encourage to work together on the better, common project instead of making kang releases and demanding money for somebody else's work.
Read as: If you think you can make something better than this by doing less and muchazo Ctrl+C Ctrl+V - you suck, go figure the rest.

INSTALLATION

FIRST INSTALLATION

Bada 2.0 is required
Warning! It will remove Bada!

Download BOOTFILES, Kernel and FOTA for your device:
for 8500:
BOOTFILES https://yadi.sk/d/KhxqKyg4bP2nu
"start" kernel https://yadi.sk/d/ilhyKTaEfTo6L
FOTA https://yadi.sk/d/OtpVoaXpfNggE
for 8530
BOOTFILES https://yadi.sk/d/cBPD41VEbP2od
"start" kernel https://yadi.sk/d/wVGzUA96fGW55
FOTA https://yadi.sk/d/-WnbHbFHfNgZK

Flash BOOTFILES, "start" kernel and FOTA using Multiloader.
After reboot it will open android recovery
Advanced -> Terminal Command -> Select -> Type "sh partition.sh"
Wait before on screen you will see "Partitions had been prepared"
Back -> Back -> Back -> Reboot -> Recovery -> Swipe to Reboot
Mount -> Enable MTP (if you see disable MTP - it is already activated) on this step PC can ask to install driver, use Android MTP driver
Copy Zip with ROM to Internal Storage or Sdcard -> Disable MTP -> Back
Install -> choose zip with ROM(mount point /sdcard for Internal storage and /external_sd for SD card) -> Swipe to Confirm Flash
Wait for flashing (about 10 min) -> Reboot System

First start take about 10-15 min, be patient.
Enjoy OMNI!

You can remove installation .zip from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
TWRP Recovery mode is available using VolUp + End keys
Every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.

UPDATE from OMNI 4.4 (version after 09.09.2014)
Warning! you will lose all data, because it is highly recommended to wipe data, during changing rom base
- Go to Recovery
- Wipe -> Advanced wipe -> check "data" and "system" -> Swipe to wipe -> waiting for wipe -> Back
- Mount -> Mount USB storage
- Copy zip with Rom from PC -> Unmount -> Back
- Install -> choose zip with ROM -> Swipe to Confirm Flash -> wait for flashing (about 10 min) -> Home
- Reboot -> System

For activation Performance and Developer Options categories in Settings you need Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on Build number

ROOT
Omni is without root support from default
To activate root flash zip via Recovery from XDA thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

GAPPS

GAPPS make our ROM slowler, because also slim GAPPS take about 15-20 MB RAM permanently
https://mega.co.nz/#F!G0QXXRAC!pZ063qCaa5lxdD73SarU6Q

HOW TO UNINSTALL
Just reflash bada via Multiloader

CHANGELOG:
22.03.2015 https://yadi.sk/d/UAs4xDLlfTm4U
Warning! You need updated FOTA!!!
- Omni sorces 22.03.2015 Android-5.1
- Updated Zram driver
- And many other fixes to make our Wave more stable on Android-5.1

07.02.2015 https://yadi.sk/d/SeW7BBgkeXqZz
- Omni sorces 07.02.2015 + some chery-picks from gerrit
- fixed front camera
- fixed flashlight tile in Quick Settings
- updated Wi-Fi driver
- Added F2FS driver, not tested by me yet (just change file system during format /data in recovery to F2FS and it should work)

27.01.2015 https://yadi.sk/d/7sK0awO7eHWbM
- Omni sorces 27.01.2015 + some chery-picks from gerrit
- updated sensors

15.01.2015 https://yadi.sk/d/JyRL5wqfe26xo
- Initial release
- Omni sorces 15.01.2015 + some chery-picks from gerrit

THANKS TO
Special thanks to Rebellos for his CM10 ROM, for his good sources and many time, what he spent for my learning
Another Badadroid devs: Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen, Benzox and many others.
OMNI team for base ROM
Pawitp, kasper_h and all other aries developers
Paulk and Replicant project for good base for bada-modem RIL
and many other who help us.
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to volk204 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift volk204 Ad-Free

16th January 2015, 10:47 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Moscow region

Donate to Me
More
BUG REPORTS
This is the format for a bug report: “XXXXX isn’t working. Here is how to fix it: [INCLUDE SOLUTION]” Don’t have source? Too bad.
You’ll have to wait then.
If you report bugs, please don’t be disappointed if we can’t fix them immediately (or even never). It’s not because we don’t care, but because we don’t have time or don’t know how to fix it.
Please attach logcat and dmesg dump in your bug report. Dmesg should contain messages from both - bootup and issue occuring (you can't dump it 1 hour after bootup, rather 2 minutes after)
How to dump logs - Google for "android logcat dmesg" Or... whatever, here's one of 3204109 methods available.
Quote:

In the Terminal Emulator enter:
"su"
Accept request for SuperUser access.
"dmesg > /storage/sdcard1/dmesg.txt"
"logcat -b system -b radio -b events -b main -d -f /storage/sdcard1/logcat.txt *:V"
"logcat -b radio -d -f /storage/sdcard1/radiolog.txt *:V"
Download them from phone, archive and upload them.
Privacy warning: Your logcat might contain sensitive information like your IMEI, IMSI, cell stations you were nearby, numbers you called and got calls from and SMS sent and received. If you don't want to publish this info - send them privately to one of developers.

Bug reports without logs are completely useless.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to volk204 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift volk204 Ad-Free
16th January 2015, 11:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
well well well , what we got here
you're the best
The Following User Says Thank You to ice_ice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ice_ice Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 05:11 AM |#4  

More
The Rom is amazing , fast and responsive ,better than omni 4.4 , some little bugs to report
1- Battery save mode won't activate stupid me usb was connected
2- (screen pinning) , you can't unpin it , task manger and back keys won't work together , i'm not sure ..... you must reboot the device
3-when you install apps from sd card , installation keep showing that it is on progress , but when you turn screen to landscape mode , it shows that the apps is installed
Quote:
Originally Posted by volk204

Warning!
you will lose all data
installation take about 10 min, and first boot is also about 10 min or more

backed up my data , flashed the rom ,boot , all my data and config are still there

A quick video review :
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ice_ice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ice_ice Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 09:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thumbs up Thank you very much Volk204
You are simply great Volk204. Congratulations.
Awesome work.
Please continue your work and give us a better and stable Lollipop Omni Rom for wave.
17th January 2015, 10:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thanks volk204, you are the beast and the best developer
Thanks for continuing to work on this as "old" mobile phone and so little support from Samsung.
You're the only developer that follows the "gap".
Continuous and hopefully not abandon us.
A greeting.
17th January 2015, 02:29 PM |#7  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Moscow region

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_ice

The Rom is amazing , fast and responsive ,better than omni 4.4 , some little bugs to report
1- Battery save mode won't activate
2- (screen pinning) , you can't unpin it , task manger and back keys won't work together , i'm not sure ..... you must reboot the device
3-when you install apps from sd card , installation keep showing that it is on progress , but when you turn screen to landscape mode , it shows that the apps is installed

backed up my data , flashed the rom ,boot , all my data and config are still there

It is recommend to do full wipe, when you change rom base, duty flash bring many problem. i think it is the reason of not working battery save mode for you.
don't understand problem of screen
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volk204 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift volk204 Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 06:55 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by volk204

It is recommend to do full wipe, when you change rom base, duty flash bring many problem. i think it is the reason of not working battery save mode for you.
don't understand problem of screen

1- stupid me charger was connected ; so every time i activated it goes off
2-it was about screen pinning feature in security settings , once activated (you pinned an app) you can't disable by clicking on overview(recent apps) and back ,so(see screenshots)
3-Battery draining and voltage controle i noticed this on omni 4.4 the first time
battery
there was a big difference between the computed and observed power use
i did some testing on Omni , i played with the voltage control entries , and observing the time in state, i came to this conclusions :
  • 100 Hz and 200 Hz work on the same voltage , seeing that most of time in state are in 100 HZ and in this frequency ,CPU would take more time to accomplish tasks than in 200HZ , it is only logical to reduce the voltage on 100 HZ ,
  • tried doing that but you can not apply values , without a 3rd party app like Setcpu , kernel bug i don't know .
  • i played with value and here is the value the phone freeze at it (governors was set to performance , and max value is the freq tested) :
  • 100HZ-750mv 200HZ-800mv 400HZ-875mv 800HZ-1075mv 1000HZ-1175mv
  • i used 125 mv above this setting , with no freezing or problems , but it needs more testing
  • battery life improved notably
  • i use interactive with 200HZ-1200HZ , more voltage on 1200HZ but it do tasks in less time than 1000HZ
  • Mr @volk204 why there is no low frequency like 500HZ 600HZ , rather than jump from 400HZ to 800HZ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-17-16-43-00.png
Views:	1832
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	3119869   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-17-18-00-14.png
Views:	1808
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	3119870  
The Following User Says Thank You to ice_ice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ice_ice Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 03:15 PM |#10  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 3,467

Donate to Me
More
Contrary to my thoughts expressed in other thread. Volk204 did not give up and is, again, succeeding to deliver against all the odds. Hats off and big thumbs up. Send this guy some beer.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rebellos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2015, 04:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Thanks!!
Hi volk204, you did a very good job all over from the beginning, and now we have android lolipop on wave devices! isn't that amazing?!
Thank you very much for what you did! You gave the wave another future! "cheers"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)