My Vibrant turns off with a tap

Search This thread

LiquidPlatinum

Aug 22, 2012
Seattle
So one day my phone decides to not turn on. No clue what happens, pull it off the charger, then nothing. I try to flash stock hoping that would help but it would go into download mode or even acknowledge the fact that it's plugged in. After repetitively removing and putting back in the battery then plugging it in to get into download mode, I finally do it. I think the very first time I flashed to stock it just turned off halfway through. I kept flashing stock a bunch until it finally worked. I boot up, but it won't complete a full boot. I flashed stock again and here I am. It is perfectly capable of making a full boot, but tapping it with a medium amount of force immediately shuts off the phone. I checked and cleaned the battery contacts- nothing. But that was the only cause I could think of. I've tried other batteries and it's the same. I don't know what to do. I don't know why it's doing this. Any ideas? What can I do to fix it?

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
maybe a wire or some thing to do with you're power button has came loose.

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
I would check to make sure everything is plugged in securely and if possible adb logcat while tapping the screen to see what the out put of the log. it may take a while to pin point the problem but honestly I don't remember how I fixed that issue its been so long I forgot.

LiquidPlatinum

Aug 22, 2012
Seattle
I would check to make sure everything is plugged in securely and if possible adb logcat while tapping the screen to see what the out put of the log. it may take a while to pin point the problem but honestly I don't remember how I fixed that issue its been so long I forgot.

Will do. I'll let you know what I find