FORUMS

[Marshmallow] Kali NetHunter for the nVidia SHIELD tablet (3.15.2)

1,492 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,209

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd June 2017, 06:01 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So I have a question. With Kali Nethunter can the K1 use all the ports? Mini HDMI? Sound? Micro SD? Thanks for your time. I will make it a weekend project!
The Following User Says Thank You to alvertosk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alvertosk Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 03:15 PM |#62  
Edit: I have Kali Nethunter up & running on Nougat. I'll post a detailed tutorial later today after further in-depth testing.

So y'all... We need a Nougat NH kernel so we can update our Shields. I'm researching now. Is anyone else willing to help?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to equi_design For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift equi_design Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 03:16 PM |#63  

More
Thank
2nd May 2018, 03:09 PM |#64  

More
Can anyone help with installing proper kernel on nougat? I have manged to install and run nethunter but could not use all its features due to kernel problem.
Tried to install different kernels but nothing , some of them cant be installed via twrp with some strange error: 1
I have LTE RoW
The Following User Says Thank You to lswordfishl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lswordfishl Ad-Free
11th May 2018, 09:05 PM |#65  
Sorry y'all for the delay. Offline life threw some zingers at me. Anyhow, here is what I did to upgrade my Nvidia Shield tablet (RoW LTE) from Marshammlow to Nougat and then install Kali Nethunter.

1. Make a nandroid backup. REALLY!
2. Find an AOSP Nougat ROM you like & throw it on your SD card.
3. Download your Gapps & Superuser. I'm using the Pico Open Gapps & Chainfire's su version 2.52.
4. Boot to Recovery & wipe.
5. Flash the ROM, Gapps, & su.
6. Wipe caches. Reboot.
7. Let your ROM settle & set things up a bit. Mainly here you just do NOT want to flash the new kernel on a "clean" setup.
8. I pulled the kernel from here:https://www.securityaddicted.com/201...shield-tablet/ (A big thank you to Alex!)
9. And the latest Kali Nethunter rolling generic.
10. Reboot to Recovery.
11. Make a nandroid backup.
12. Flash Nethunter.
13. Flash the kernel.
14. Reboot the most awesome tablet ever!
15. Open your Nethunter app as usual & finish the setup, install chroot (f needed), etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to equi_design For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift equi_design Ad-Free
14th July 2018, 04:56 AM |#66  
Flag Las Cruces, NM
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by equi_design

Sorry y'all for the delay. Offline life threw some zingers at me. Anyhow, here is what I did to upgrade my Nvidia Shield tablet (RoW LTE) from Marshammlow to Nougat and then install Kali Nethunter.

Can I simple install the Kali nethunter rolling generic and your linked kernel for nougat over top my current tablet setup?

I've got an Nvidia Shield Tablet running on stock rooted 7.0, with TWRP as the recovery and Bit-O's custom kernel.

Edit: nevermind, I missed the AOSP ROM thing... I assume that's an absolute requirement?
14th July 2018, 11:11 AM |#67  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegizmo83

Can I simple install the Kali nethunter rolling generic and your linked kernel for nougat over top my current tablet setup?

I've got an Nvidia Shield Tablet running on stock rooted 7.0, with TWRP as the recovery and Bit-O's custom kernel.

Edit: nevermind, I missed the AOSP ROM thing... I assume that's an absolute requirement?

You most definitely need to be on AOSP for this to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to equi_design For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift equi_design Ad-Free
15th July 2018, 05:40 PM |#68  
Flag Las Cruces, NM

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by equi_design

You most definitely need to be on AOSP for this to work.

If you don't mind me asking, what AOSP Nougat ROM did you use? What would you recommend? I was looking at LineageOS but I see they remove all traces of google based apps and I need those so that won't work.

Edit: also, I'm curious, what would it take to get Nethunter working on a stock rooted nougat rom instead of an AOSP? The OP of this thread said back during the marshmallow releases that Nethunter would work on the stock rooted shield tablet Rom. Is it just because a kernel needs to be created that's compatible with Nethunter and the stock nougat Rom, but for now a kernel was just created for AOSP nougat Roms?
20th July 2018, 01:52 AM |#69  
Flag Las Cruces, NM

More
Ok so I just decided to go ahead and try that lineage kernel anyway with my stock rooted shield tablet and it worked just fine! I installed Nethunter through the Magisk module though, not the zip flash way, but everyone works great!

I do have one problem though, I can't get nethunter to put my external WIFI adapter in monitor mode. It's a TL-WN722N (which I know works in monitor mode as I use with on my desktop Linux box as such). It's being recognised in the system, I can ifconfig it and see wlan1, but when I try to enable monitor mode it says "SET failed on device wlan1 ; Operation not supported." Any ideas?
21st February 2019, 05:06 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Any chance this thread is still alive?
21st February 2019, 08:16 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)