FORUMS

Lollipop Source - Official Nvidia Repository

8,943 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,515

Post Reply Email Thread
The developer site is still listing KitKat as the newest build, so here are the links to the instructions to build Lollipop using the official source:

Lollipop 5.0: http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p...8-l-r1-partner

Lollipop 5.0.1: http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p...8-l-r2-partner
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twistedumbrella For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2014, 12:42 AM |#2  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 1,246

Donate to Me
More
Cheers mate. It is still listing the 1.2.1 OTA as the latest but just by changing the branch url i was able to find the newest.

Lets hope for some more development on this device. I'm going to PM you soon - I will be building my own ROM and/or Kernel.
28th December 2014, 01:06 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryman13

Cheers mate. It is still listing the 1.2.1 OTA as the latest but just by changing the branch url i was able to find the newest.

Lets hope for some more development on this device. I'm going to PM you soon - I will be building my own ROM and/or Kernel.

You do realize those are the links posted above. There is no need to switch branch names or search for the current files. Just click the one you want.
28th December 2014, 08:33 PM |#4  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 1,246

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedumbrella

You do realize those are the links posted above. There is no need to switch branch names or search for the current files. Just click the one you want.

Of course, mate!

I was saying that I found the proper page by changing the URL to hb=rel-st8-l-r2-partner, before this thread was posted. So I appreciate you enlightening other folks about it!
28th December 2014, 08:44 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryman13

Of course, mate!

I was saying that I found the proper page by changing the URL to hb=rel-st8-l-r2-partner, before this thread was posted. So I appreciate you enlightening other folks about it!

Even without already having the branch name, it's just a matter of going to http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p....git;a=summary to find it
31st December 2014, 05:42 PM |#6  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
Hi, @twistedumbrella could you please spare a second to help (or point me in the right direction) I've successfully built Lollipop for my Oneplus One using Ubuntu, but when I try to set up first repo sync; well see below:

When I run: repo init -u git://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/manifest/android/binary.git -b rel-st8-l-r2-partner -m tlk/shieldtablet.xml

I get: fatal: manifest 'tlk/shieldtablet.xml' not available
fatal: remote github not defined in /home/diigimatrix/.repo/manifests/tlk/shieldtablet.xml

Please could you get me on my way. I love all your work and hope to gain further knowledge through your support.

Thanks in advance

Phil from Blackpool
1st January 2015, 04:29 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by diigibio

Hi, @twistedumbrella could you please spare a second to help (or point me in the right direction) I've successfully built Lollipop for my Oneplus One using Ubuntu, but when I try to set up first repo sync; well see below:

When I run: repo init -u git://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/manifest/android/binary.git -b rel-st8-l-r2-partner -m tlk/shieldtablet.xml

I get: fatal: manifest 'tlk/shieldtablet.xml' not available
fatal: remote github not defined in /home/diigimatrix/.repo/manifests/tlk/shieldtablet.xml

Please could you get me on my way. I love all your work and hope to gain further knowledge through your support.

Thanks in advance

Phil from Blackpool

I'm trying to figure out what's up with it now. I know when I synced it was r1, and tlk/shieldtablet.xml was valid.
Hopefully I can track down why it is coming back invalid in r2.
1st January 2015, 09:23 AM |#8  
Flag Blackpool

Donate to Me
More
Thanks @twistedumbrella, glad in a way its not just me. Thought I was running the wrong command. . Happy New Year!
1st January 2015, 09:37 AM |#9  
Quote:

Thanks @twistedumbrella, glad in a way its not just me. Thought I was running the wrong command. . Happy New Year!

Same to you. It updated ok but now I have to see if it'll re-init. It may be a delay on their end. The readme for the portable was up a week before the source.
1st January 2015, 02:21 PM |#10  
Flag Blackpool

Donate to Me
More
Cool. I'll give it another try once I've finished work. Been a member for years and helped a lot in the old windows phone days. But thought enough of just relying on other people, time to start getting my hands dirty again. But new to building Android. Need to read up on manipulation of ROMs rather than just building a stock ROM. Any tips on tools to manipulate ROMs? Am i right by merging commits then build, then manipulate ROM? I will read up on it but just thought you might have some pointers. Thanks
1st January 2015, 07:44 PM |#11  
Quote:

Cool. I'll give it another try once I've finished work. Been a member for years and helped a lot in the old windows phone days. But thought enough of just relying on other people, time to start getting my hands dirty again. But new to building Android. Need to read up on manipulation of ROMs rather than just building a stock ROM. Any tips on tools to manipulate ROMs? Am i right by merging commits then build, then manipulate ROM? I will read up on it but just thought you might have some pointers. Thanks

Best bet is to either find something you like and merge it or try to find something similar and recreate it to start. Once you get comfortable, then start coming up with your own.

Building from source is mostly Java for modifying with some C for drivers and such. Usually when you have a device configuration already set up, though, the C part is already done.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)