[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Oreo] OmniROM 8.1 [Shieldtablet]

Search This thread

klo_lol

Dec 2, 2010
Baden bei Wien
Hey guys I just got this rom installed but after coming from stock I can't restore my apps with titanium backup it just hangs on restoring app+data

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
It's never a good idea to use TBU between different versions of Android. Maybe someone can give you advice, i can't and won't in regards to TBU.

New build is up.
Changes:
-Check the Changelog App before flashing (alternatively gerrit)
-Enabled Doze (Ambient Display/Alway On Display)

DanRub1995

Mar 19, 2017
Vinnytsia
Please, fix this bug with icons, it is really unpleasant when all the icons are different shapes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Launcher3_20180317-150421.png
    Screenshot_Launcher3_20180317-150421.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 472
  • Screenshot_Launcher3_20180317-163327.jpg
    Screenshot_Launcher3_20180317-163327.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 491

klo_lol

Dec 2, 2010
Baden bei Wien
This app work when we are on omni or los, we can't view change log in other rom... please report change log to firt poste pls :):angel:
i've sent you a PM with all the changes. If you need more details about any change, i'd suggest you go to gerrit (as mentioned before). There you can review every change that was made, with every addition and deletion that got merged, and even review upcoming changes. Device specific changes can be found on my Github, which i also linked in OP.

Hint: if anything really big happens i'll inform you (like the addition of doze), else it'll be either not be relevant to our device, or it's a minor bugfix that's simply not worth mentioning.

Please, fix this bug with icons, it is really unpleasant when all the icons are different shapes.
I had very little time the last week to do anything relevant on the computer, the little time i had i've spent on research for possible solution(s) of our problem with HWA.
This will be fixed in the future, but is a lower priority as you can use a custom launcher if needed. May be a problem with our device - i have to check.

klo_lol

Dec 2, 2010
Baden bei Wien
I currently have no access to my PC and both of my devices refuse to upload to AFH. I'll do it later and update this post, or make a new one.
In the meantime here's a gdrive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kLqY_Vlb5iOWaC5Q2tzkeFMK5KHyicZB/view?usp=drivesdk

-updated omni sources
-powerhal testing (this along with reverting this which basically makes it exactly like on LOS.

i'm curious if battery life is affected either negative or positive by this. You can tell me your impressions.

Also, sorry for not posting an update last week, however the build was unstable, ran hot and had random reboots due to remnaints of manually testing patches, mainly in frameworks/av.

klo_lol

Dec 2, 2010
Baden bei Wien
I've installed the latest build, but I had to do a full reset to make it working.
Is this expected?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
Depends, if you came from another ROM yes, if you dirty flashed on top of a previous omni build it shouldn't be the case.

EDIT: uploading the latest ZIP to AFH now, should be up in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: fedetrevi1

NIKKISLAYER7

Dec 17, 2014
Has anyone had any problems with using Magisk with this ROM?

When running the SafetyNet Check, I constantly get ctsProfile: false I'm not sure if it helps, but I am running this on my Shield K1.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    omni_logo0lsua.png

#GetOmnified
    It's all about innovation, new features, transparency, community and freedom

About Omni
    OmniROM is our Android custom ROM variant, feature-packed but always with stability as #1 priority in mind.
    Based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and enriched by our developers with lots of custom enhancements, OmniROM has set out to give you a great Android experience on your mobile.

Omni isn’t better, just different.
    It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.

Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are.
    Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can - we encourage all levels of contribution, from code to reporting bugs to squashing bugs to (what developer's tend to hate) documentation.

Get Involved
    The core of Omni is the community, and we recognize that everyone has a role to play. So we have a number of ways for you to get involved:

Github – our codebase where we build from.
    Gerrit – view our project at the code level with the ability to see what’s merged, what’s open and what’s in review.
    Forum – participate in general discussion, Q&A, and Features Development on XDA. Also find device-specific builds in their relevant forums on*XDA
    IRC – get involved with Omni in realtime on IRC Freenode:
    • General discussion in #omnirom
    • Developer discussion in #omni
    Additional links:
    Homepage
    Wiki
    Bugtracker

Screenshots:

Installation Instructions:
    First time: (coming from another ROM)
    Make sure you are on latest TWRP
    Download latest OmniROM ZIP
    Do a full backup
    Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Tick Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Cache, Data
    Install OmniROM ZIP
    Reboot

Update:
    install ZIP
    Reboot

Downloads:
    UNOFFICIAL builds:
    Androidfilehost

Gapps
    Open Gapps
    Platform: ARM
    Android: 8.1

Root:
    SuperSU

Source Code:
    Device:
    https://github.com/Lolzen/android_device_nvidia_shieldtablet
    https://github.com/Lolzen/android_device_nvidia_shield-common

Kernel:
    https://github.com/Lolzen/android_kernel_nvidia_shield

Hardware parts:
    https://github.com/Lolzen/android_hardware_nvidia_power
    https://github.com/Lolzen/android_hardware_nvidia_thermal
    https://github.com/Lolzen/android_hardware_nvidia_libstagefrighthw

Known Issues:
    • HW Accerlerated Video/Audio
    • Some Launcher 3 Setting aren't working as they should (Custom Launchers are fine)

Credits:
    OmniROM Team
    Providing the codebase & being helpful
    Steel1
    Providing and maintaining our device - there would be no Oreo without him
    javelinanddart
    MindTheGapps
    New build uploading. (20180603)
    -) HWdecoding fixed
    -) synced with omni sources

I hope to get some feedback mainly regarding video problems (test everything you can think of), but also remaining issues.
    This app work when we are on omni or los, we can't view change log in other rom... please report change log to firt poste pls :):angel:
    i've sent you a PM with all the changes. If you need more details about any change, i'd suggest you go to gerrit (as mentioned before). There you can review every change that was made, with every addition and deletion that got merged, and even review upcoming changes. Device specific changes can be found on my Github, which i also linked in OP.

Hint: if anything really big happens i'll inform you (like the addition of doze), else it'll be either not be relevant to our device, or it's a minor bugfix that's simply not worth mentioning.

I had very little time the last week to do anything relevant on the computer, the little time i had i've spent on research for possible solution(s) of our problem with HWA.
    This will be fixed in the future, but is a lower priority as you can use a custom launcher if needed. May be a problem with our device - i have to check.
    It has been some time, but i was very busy and still am up to mid july. However i managed to squeeze out a build and am uploading it atm.
    No changes whatsoever, just being up2date with sources.
    Chances of this ever going official?
    In fact i'm in touch with the Omni Team to build towards that goal.
    In the past days i'v been trying to hunt down a possible fix for HWA, sadly, to no avail yet. I'm pretty positive without this there will be no official builds, nor would i be satisfied, time will tell.