The original credits for the root go to SuperPichu for the following post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/shie...lipop-t2945044
I simply "modified" his process, to make it even more "hassle free"
The process will wipe your data, so remember to backup it.
Besides, I'm not responsible if warranty voids or whatever. Just keep in mind that unlocking the FASTBOOT may void the warranty, as it will displayed when you will unlock it. The fastboot unlock procedure has been taken directly by the NVidia Developer's site, so they actually expect the users to do that - but what you will do next, it's all your responsability
So, the overall procedure looks like:
- Download&Install the "Mini" ADB/Fastboot from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post42407269 (remember to say yes to create the link on the desktop - it will be useful later)
- Download&Install NVIDIA ADB Drivers from the official Nvidia site: http://developer.download.nvidia.com...USB_driver.zip
- Enable "Developer Mode" on the Nvidia Tablet (Settings -> About tablet -> Tap many times (5+) the "Build number" until the Developer Mode is activated
- Developer Mode -> Enable USB Debugging
- Copy the CWM image and SuperSU (rename it to supersu.zip) where you installed the Mini ADB/Fastboot (default: C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot)
- Click the link created by the Mini ADB/Fastboot installation. It should open a DOS console already at the install folder.
- (In the Windows console) Type "adb reboot bootloader"
- From the rebooted tab, select "Load fastboot protocol" with Volume Keys and push the power switch to confirm
- (In the Windows console) Type "fastboot oem unlock"
- [ATTENTION: This step will wipe your device] Press the "Volume Down" button to select, with the "Power" button, the "Unlock bootloader" option on device
- (In the Windows console) Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
- On the tablet, select "recovery reboot"
- You should be now on CWM. Simply select "install zip from file" -> install from sideload
- In the console, type "adb sideload supersu.zip"
- On CWM select "reboot system", CWM will ask to keep root => say yes
- Enjoy your rooted tablet