FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Root Nvidia Tablet on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By Yorge36, Junior Member on 28th December 2015, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It seems to me that a lot of people are going to need help rooting the Nvidia Tablet on Marshmallow, and for now this is what has worked for me so far, so i'm putting together this little guide with information i was able gather together to help others (Hopefully) Root their tablet, so here you go. This DOES work on the Nvidia tablet K1.

DISCLAIMER!
So uh, if your nvidia tablet gets bricked or something its not my fault, so good luck.

STEP NUMBER ONE!
What you want to do is download the rooted boot.img (that is brought you you by castrwilliams in this thread, Thanks man! ) and flash your boot.img with it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/shie...3247432/page11
(If you don't know how to flash for some reason here is a guide):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1752270

STEP NUMBER TWO!

After flashing the boot.img provided in that thread your going to want to download this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uperuser&hl=en

After downloading it you should have root access on your Nvidia Tablet!

All of this was pointed out my dowlf on this thread and that i made in to a guide for other people
http://forum.xda-developers.com/shie...3247432/page16

EXPERIMENTAL TWRP FOR NVIDIA TABLET MARSHMALLOW! (by steel01, and brought to my attention by fards, thanks!)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=229

If anyone has anything to contribute go ahead and post below.

For anyone needing help rooting, here is a youtube video that explains it by eob20000 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16an...l it may help. GOODLUCK!

I've been busy with school, i will try to update this guide with any new info i find soon. Thanks!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Yorge36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yorge36 Ad-Free
 
 
28th December 2015, 04:54 PM |#2  
Member
Flag San Martin Toltepec
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I did this method on the day I updated and it ran fine for a while, then it turned to crap. I had to reflash the nvidia recovery and am now back on lollipop rooted. If I do go back to marshmallow, which is doubtful, I will wait for a good twrp recovery or a thinned down flashable rom.
28th December 2015, 05:17 PM |#3  
fards's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,783
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsquid

I did this method on the day I updated and it ran fine for a while, then it turned to crap. I had to reflash the nvidia recovery and am now back on lollipop rooted. If I do go back to marshmallow, which is doubtful, I will wait for a good twrp recovery or a thinned down flashable rom.

there's both now.
Now I've got it working on my OG tablet, I'll keep any eye on root.
The Following User Says Thank You to fards For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fards Ad-Free
28th December 2015, 06:59 PM |#4  
Member
Flag San Martin Toltepec
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards

there's both now.
Now I've got it working on my OG tablet, I'll keep any eye on root.

Ah, ok have to look for it if there is a working marshmallow twrp, thanks for the info. I really appreciate the hard working dev's, my above post was not intended as criticism but information.

Is there a working twrp for marshmallow and or a thinned down flashable marshmallow rom? Can you point me toward them? Having trouble finding them.
28th December 2015, 07:10 PM |#5  
fards's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,783
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsquid

Ah, ok have to look for it if there is a working marshmallow twrp, thanks for the info. I really appreciate the hard working dev's, my above post was not intended as criticism but information.

Is there a working twrp for marshmallow and or a thinned down flashable marshmallow rom? Can you point me toward them? Having trouble finding them.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64520513&postcount=229
The Following User Says Thank You to fards For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fards Ad-Free
28th December 2015, 07:15 PM |#6  
Member
Flag San Martin Toltepec
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64520513&postcount=229

Thank you, was just on that thread again and missed it. I'll blame it on old eyes.
The Following User Says Thank You to xsquid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsquid Ad-Free
28th December 2015, 07:55 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64520513&postcount=229

This is great, thanks for bringing it up, adding it to the post immediately!
28th December 2015, 08:53 PM |#8  
_Dusty_'s Avatar
Member
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Hmm I really want to give this a go... Just to bad sixaxis wont work with marshmellow :/ Any way thanks for this ! I might root for a ad blocker

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
29th December 2015, 07:18 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dusty_

Hmm I really want to give this a go... Just to bad sixaxis wont work with marshmellow :/ Any way thanks for this ! I might root for a ad blocker

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have sixaxis on mine and it worked fine after i rooted it. But now its not working correctly, now i cant play donkey kong 64 on my tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to Yorge36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yorge36 Ad-Free
29th December 2015, 06:57 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Just got my Shield K1 last night and updated to 6.0. I wasn't sure I was going to root this device, but an app to change DPI would be nice so I don't have to plug in for ADB each time I want to switch DPI. Seems mixed reviews on this working with Marshmallow being so recent,should I wait a bit for a more stable boot image and to root, or is this working and stable for anyone?
30th December 2015, 03:28 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedpaper

Just got my Shield K1 last night and updated to 6.0. I wasn't sure I was going to root this device, but an app to change DPI would be nice so I don't have to plug in for ADB each time I want to switch DPI. Seems mixed reviews on this working with Marshmallow being so recent,should I wait a bit for a more stable boot image and to root, or is this working and stable for anyone?

The root works for me, but if your not too keen on taking risks, then i would wait for a more stable version of ALL of this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes